Notices

Old 01-01-2010, 12:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile 2010

It's now new years day and I've been sober for 32 days!!!!!! This morning was a walk and a coffee and last night was peaceful.

It was a blue moon and last night and an eclipse this morning. A great time to hand over troubles and worries to the universe and to ask for guidance throughout the year.

Here in Aus the day was stinking hot and humid. Storms were forecast. I got home from work about 5pm and floated around in the pool (very little one!) for a while. My partner and I then took a walk down to our little beachside town and stocked up on chips, lollies, soft drink and movies.

By this time the sky was turning dark to the south. The air was electric. To get home we cross a football oval. We lay down in the middle and looked up to the sky. To my left was bright blue with cotton-wool-ball clouds and to my right was a beautiful deep blue and black.

We got home, lit the lamps, candles, oil burner and incense and sat outside listening to the thunder and watching the lightening.

Than it started raining, big fat heavy drops, slowly first then getting heavier and heavier. The air and the sky was a buzz with energy. In the rain, I held my hands up and raised my face to the universe and handed it all over. I gave thanks to everybody and everthing in my life that i love and all that loves me. I felt clean and renewed so i started spinning in the rain. Round and round and round. I felt alive.

Sobriety allowed me this and i shall be forever grateful.

I wish you all peace and blessings for the new year.

Make a wish, dream big, make it a spectacular wish and believe in it.

Old 01-01-2010, 12:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Nonexistent Willpower

Originally Posted by rainbowfish View Post
A great time to hand over troubles and worries to the universe and to ask for guidance throughout the year.
I love the way you worded that. Yeah, let the universe take care of itself!

You are an excellent writer.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Aww nice! Yes, nicely worded and I could really picture the scene ... I'm in NZ and we had a big full moon last night too.

I lived in Sydney for 7 yrs and remember well the thunder storms at the end of the hot sweltering days ... but more than that, I can relate to the joy of truly experiencing these things, drug and alcohol free ... as if for the first time and everything is somehow different :-)

Here's believing for a wonderful 2010!

~honey~
Old 01-01-2010, 02:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
20/12/09

Hey rainbow

That bought tears to my eyes, for many reasons. The joy you had and the honesty about it. The way you described that was just amazing, you must have felt euphoric.

This year is going to be a fantastic one - I hope you enjoy yours!
LH
Old 01-01-2010, 07:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Beautiful and definitely well written. I too admired the blue moon last night. I think I stepped outside at least 4 times to view it. I pulled my husband and son outside before they closed their eyes. I also did the moon ritual last night and am very excited about the future. Sobriety makes me excited about the future, but the moon ritual can only add. LOL! Thanks for sharing this post with us.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That brought tears to my eyes too, I agree you are a great writer. Peace, Love and Big Dreams to you as well!