SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   What are you doing/did for NYE? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/191423-what-you-doing-did-nye.html)

Aysha 12-31-2009 04:14 PM

What are you doing/did for NYE?

Well I was suppose to go to my cousins with the family. But I woke up at 4am getting sick. So I have been in bed all day ad probably will be all night from whatever this is I have. I feel like crud. I'm hot, then I am cold. Stomach is twisitng up. cant hold anything down. But I wont be geting high. I wouldnt have anyway. But it would have been nice to hang with th fam one last time like this before I leave Monday.
Oh well.
Hope everyone has a wonderful, safe, SOBER NYE!

Dime 12-31-2009 04:18 PM

I am just going to have a quiet evening. Never used to go out when I drank because of the drunks. LOL

Hope you feel better soon!

NEOMARXIST 12-31-2009 04:25 PM

Stayed Sober!!!!!!!

cookie123 12-31-2009 04:42 PM

Stayed home, cooked a yummy dinner, gonna take a nice bubble bath, watch some tv and then off to bed to enjoy my night sweats. LOL!

Zzyzx 12-31-2009 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Dime (Post 2473477)
I am just going to have a quiet evening. Never used to go out when I drank because of the drunks. LOL

Dime,
Isn't that the truth!

I used to smoke as well and couldn't stand those rude smokers :)

spen71 12-31-2009 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Dime (Post 2473477)

True, True. I would never go out as I said the once a year drunks where out as they could not handle the beer. lol

rockworm 12-31-2009 04:51 PM

Watching hockey now (Ottawa Senators vs. New York Islanders) then Chick-fil-a bowl at 8:30 PM EST. :) My usual New Years Eve. A couple AA friends are coming over later for coffee, but that is it.

lostmyway 12-31-2009 04:57 PM

Hope you feel better soon, Aysha.

I was supposed to go to a party at my mother in law's house but I KNOW she will pressure me to drink so I opted to stay home. To my surprise, my husband knew that me being around her in my newly sober state would create problems, so he is staying home with me. So here we are, snug and comfy with the kids, playing computer games, XBox 360, entertaining my 11 week old baby, playing with new Christmas toys, etc.

We had snow this morning and my three year old son and I had a blast doing snow angels, having a snowball fight and sledding. I shovelled our walkways; for some reason physical activity makes me feel great. I just had a cup of coffee but I doubt I will make it til midnight because the meds my doctor put me on for withdrawal make me sooo sleepy.

New Year's Eve is just another night, I guess...it will be over in four hours and I will be able to say I didn't drink. That will be day four for me; it should be more but I had a recent relapse.

Lionne 12-31-2009 05:01 PM

Hope you feel better soon Asyha! Try to get some rest and some fluids if possible.

I stayed home, ate some nice food, rented some dvd's and watched the fireworks inferno of my neighbors from my window. It was nice :)

spen71 12-31-2009 05:02 PM

I stayed in on my own. My partner, 18 year-old step son and my 2 daughters have gone to the out-laws, I did not go as did not trust myself around all the booze.

Astro 12-31-2009 05:02 PM

Hope you get better soon Trish :hug:

I'm taking my lovely lady out for dinner, then a carriage ride. If us old folks can stay awake until midnight we'll find a place to have coffee and ring in the New Year.

Happy New Year everyone!:nyai

least 12-31-2009 05:10 PM

Watching a movie with my dogs then going to bed. Happy New Year all!:nyae:snow::nyc

Dee74 12-31-2009 05:12 PM

sorry you feel poorly (((Trish)))
take it easy :)

Have a good safe night all! :wave:
D

Oatmeal 12-31-2009 05:46 PM

Just relaxing and playing alotta Neil Young stuff on my guitar tonight.

WakeUp 12-31-2009 05:55 PM

Twilight Zone marathon! Survived my last party of the season, at a brewrey of all places, and I'm still sober!

Aysha 12-31-2009 06:07 PM

I am missing so much yummy food. I hope they remember to bring me some so I can eat it tomorrow. LOL
Back to bed. I will probably be up at 12. But then again, who knows.
I dont care cuase 2010 is going to be the year I finally stay clean.

Good job everyone.

sunset2000 12-31-2009 06:21 PM

I'm alone this New Years, but it's by choice. I could have invited a couple of ex-boyfriends to join me, but I've decided this is the beginning my new life. 11 days sober today and loving it. Going down to the marina to watch fireworks on the water with a professionals social group that I just joined. A little nerve wracking to think of hanging out on a boat with 35 total strangers, but all our friends were strangers at one time, right?! Being nervous in groups where I don't know anyone was always one of my triggers. I hope I can avoid the urge to drink.

But I know one thing for sure: I love the water and I decided to attend this event because even though I'm sure people will be drinking, I'm there to do something I love and that is sail the open seas! LOL

Happy New Year, I hope we all wake up in the new year with no regrets. Kisses....

vegibean 12-31-2009 07:10 PM

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nyc

Me and the little guy are hanging out together. Right now watching Family Guy. :)

It's only 10PM. I slept in as much as I could today because he wanted to stay up tonight.

I'm hoping we can see some good fireworks outside. I sure can hear them.

Not much............WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!

Hope you're feeling better soon Girl! xo

:nys

U24LIFE 12-31-2009 07:15 PM

Today is day 30 for me, but I certainly did not plan it that way. I had a nice dinner with my Mom and stepdad earlier, and am watching football/movies now. Plan on watching the ball drop later while relaxing. Quite a difference for me this new years eve. Looking forward to hitting a meeting tomorrow, and will probably go for a nice long run. Have a good one all!

coffeenut 12-31-2009 08:24 PM

I am on football overload....my heavens! That, and I've read a couple of books Santa brought me for Christmas.

Hope you feel better, Trish!