SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Hny (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/191383-hny.html)

sunshinebaby 12-30-2009 07:35 PM

Hny

Happy new year everyone! Its 1.30pm here in Australia so everyone is getting ready to go out and party!!! My friends are having new years eve partys but hubby and I are staying home. He is working tommorrow with an early start so he will be in bed early,:nyag and I am watching a long awaited for dvd and eating my fav chocolates!

I don't want to go out, I don't want to drink alcohol, I want to start the new year tommorrow with a fresh clear mind and really get into my health and fitness. I have already started by stopping alcohol and gently easing into healthy food again. I am more than excited about all of this.

Wishing you all a fantastic year and thanks for the support!

Dee74 12-30-2009 07:51 PM

Good plan SB :)

D

TigerLili 12-30-2009 08:28 PM

Happy New Year from a fellow Aussie :nyad

It will be good to have a sober NYE and wake up without a hangover or other ill effect tomorrow. I have so much of my life back now!

lionheart 12-30-2009 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by sunshinebaby (Post 2472964)

I don't want to go out, I don't want to drink alcohol, I want to start the new year tommorrow with a fresh clear mind and really get into my health and fitness. I have already started by stopping alcohol and gently easing into healthy food again. I am more than excited about all of this.

Wishing you all a fantastic year and thanks for the support!

That sounds VERY similar to how I am thinking at the moment. I have taken the dog for a walk for the past 2 days and she doesnt know what has hit her, poor thing. And the food, well no drinking and walking is a good start but I hear you loud and clear!

Good luck and I hope you enjoy your movie!

Happy New Year Sunshine, I hope your dreams come true in 2010

blackbirdsing 12-30-2009 09:00 PM

yay sunshine!! bring on 2010!! (i was just chatting w/ a friend in adelaide... had momentarily forgotten til then that you guys are a day ahead) tell 2010 that the yanks say hi:)

Jules62 12-30-2009 09:22 PM

HNY from across the pond in N.Z! Hope you have a great one,
Jules :)

sunshinebaby 12-31-2009 05:45 AM

It's now 11.45pm, and hubby and I just watched an amazing movie, I drank tea and we ate chocolate. I am ending this year and beginning the next on a natural high! I am so excited. Happy new year new friends :nyaj

rainbowfish 01-01-2010 04:00 AM

A prosperous and joyful new year to you from a fellow aussie!!!!! Let the sun shine in!

spryte 01-01-2010 05:15 AM

Happy New Year!!

Cheers to natural highs:)

Horselover 01-01-2010 07:34 AM

Fantastic! I love waking up and reading all these positive posts. Great start to a great New Year! Happy 2010 and let's make it a sober and healthy year! :)