SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Asking for your prayers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/190936-asking-your-prayers.html)

least 12-22-2009 04:26 PM

Asking for your prayers

for my youngest kid. She has an interview on Thursday for a job (it would be her first job). Please pray that she gets this job. She's been looking for a year and hasn't found one yet. I'm praying that she's hired. I know the power of prayer and positive thinking, especially from you all here.

(((hugs))) and thank you!

grateful2b 12-22-2009 04:32 PM

Least...I offer up my prayers that the outcome of this interview be for your daughter's highest good:hug:

Lenina 12-22-2009 04:36 PM

Posistive thoughts sent your way!

Love,

Lenina

Aysha 12-22-2009 05:04 PM

Sending lots of good, positive vibes your way.

Anna 12-22-2009 05:12 PM

Oh, most definitely Least!

The first job is a big deal and I hope this works out for you.

Impurrfect 12-22-2009 05:56 PM

(((Least))) you and your girls are always in my prayers, but adding special ones for dk. My niece was a nervous wreck about HER first job, and when she got it, she broke down in tears - scared that she wouldn't be able to do it!

First jobs are SUCH a big deal in a kid's life, but just think...she's got a sober mama, and you two have been getting along SO much better, so you are getting to share this "big deal" with her:)

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

Helene 12-22-2009 05:59 PM

Good luck Least`s daughter! Heres thinking of you in my prayers and sending positive thoughts!

Dee74 12-22-2009 06:02 PM

Best wishes to you and all your kids and grandbabies least - but especially to dk for this :)

D

coffeenut 12-22-2009 06:36 PM

Best wishes to your daughter, Least.

healthyme 12-22-2009 06:39 PM

Least, sending you lots of positive thoughts!

Mariposa18 12-22-2009 07:05 PM

Positive thoughts and prayers for her Least!

vegibean 12-23-2009 10:26 AM

Good luck to her!!! Keeping my toes, fingers and all crossed. Sending good vibes out too. :)

Hevyn 12-23-2009 01:25 PM

Here's hoping it works out, Least - it would probably be a good thing for her (and you).

KellySad 12-23-2009 01:29 PM

Prayers

I prayed for your daughter to get the job, Least.

Kelly

dedubya 12-23-2009 01:54 PM

Hey Least
Huge prayers coming your way right now.
Dub

least 12-24-2009 07:49 PM

SHE GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!! I'm so tickled for her I could just sh!t. We have to do some paperwork for getting her work permit from the school but it shouldn't be difficult. 'she's eager to start learning and making money. I'm eager to see her happiness when she gets her first check! I always told my kids that they should reward themselves when they've gotten their first job by spending the whole first check on anything they want. a reward for persistance. she kept bugging them every day in person and the manager finally noticed her and gave her the interview. Hired her after the interview, didn't have to think a lot about it cause she's really personable when she has to be and also smart and articulate. I'm sure she'll do well in her first job.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers - it worked to our advantage and my kid is so happy her feet still aren't touching the ground. after looking for nearly a year with no luck, her luck seems to be changing.

Thank you, all of my friends! xoxo :Xmasvstar

Lenina 12-24-2009 09:27 PM

((((((least)))))

I am so happy for you and your daughter! Congrats to her!

Love,

Lenina

Hevyn 12-24-2009 09:53 PM

Just now saw this Least - was wondering what happened. I'm so glad for you both. Fingers crossed that it'll work out really well for her.

Dee74 12-24-2009 10:13 PM

Congratulations to dk! Hope it helps make 2010 a better year for both of you, least :)

D

Impurrfect 12-24-2009 11:08 PM

awwwww, (((Least))), I'm so happy for BOTH of you!!

Brit was thrilled, too, then came home the first day, whining about how her back, hips, legs, etc were "killing" her from standing up "ALL DAY!!!" (5 hours). I just laughed and said "welcome to the real world, sweetie" but did promise her that she would get used to it. She has, and works every hour they allow her to.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy