SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Dedubya (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/190770-dedubya.html)

dedubya 12-20-2009 04:29 AM

Dedubya

Hello Friends and Good Morning from Dub
Well I have been through this once before, and day two has arrived! For some reason my symptoms (BP, anxiety etc) have been very mild this first day. But I woke up really early and I mean WIDE awake at 4am. Having a cup of coffee wondering, almost eerily, when I am going to feel like I did when I quit back in May (which I had really bad sweats and shaky).
Anyway just wanted someone to talk to, and you peeps always are around! and know what the heck I am talking about most of the time...
Hope you all have a great Christmas and Holiday, I have given myself the best present I could ever give myself- a new start on sobriety...
Love and Peace to All-
Dub

Fubarcdn 12-20-2009 04:46 AM

Good morning Dub.
All the best of the holiday season to you too.
Good to see you back on track.

Hevyn 12-20-2009 04:52 AM

I'm glad you didn't wait until after the holidays, Dub, and are starting again now.
Maybe this will be the last time & you won't put yourself through this anymore.
Please keep posting & venting.

dedubya 12-20-2009 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by Hevyn (Post 2464835)
I'm glad you didn't wait until after the holidays, Dub, and are starting again now.
Maybe this will be the last time & you won't put yourself through this anymore.
Please keep posting & venting.

Thanks for the kind words, I am counting on and determined on this being the last time. I will stay in touch.
Have a good one
Dub

least 12-20-2009 05:10 AM

You can do it. You can make this your last time starting over. I pray it is so for you and for me (I'm on day 13 and hope to keep adding days, one at a time)

dedubya 12-20-2009 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by least (Post 2464856)
You can do it. You can make this your last time starting over. I pray it is so for you and for me (I'm on day 13 and hope to keep adding days, one at a time)

Thanks Least
I remember back in April-May (when I was as low as I have been) and reading your posts and your sig line stands out. I love dogs too. I appreciate your note- can't wait until my day 13....
Dub

Dee74 12-20-2009 11:00 AM

welcome back Dub :)
Merry Christmas to you too :)

D

JR123 12-20-2009 06:30 PM

Hey Dub,

I'm a newbe and saw your post. What I've learned in my short time of being sober is "I have the power to take control" I guess I felt for so long that I couldn't go a day without drinking but after awhile I realized it was all bs and that I have a choice which has empowered me. I guess what I'm trying to say is you obviously exercised this power in the past so you know deep inside you can do it again. Hang in there you can do it!

JR