Notices

my own little piece of recovery world

Old 09-24-2003, 07:04 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Chy

Yea! The bannanas have such great healing powers. I increased my intake to two a day and no leg cramps in over three weeks.

Now Kath... about your bedroom activities. *LOL*

Laci dear, your doing so great! Already doing service work! *hugs to you*

Gi... will catch up to you on those tree's, any good looking jungle men out there? Hee hee.. hubby's away the filly will play! *JK*
Old 09-25-2003, 05:10 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Growing Up

wow 40 days today

Glad to hear you are well, Spirit!
You have made it past the first week! That means you have officially had one of each type of day (this matters), and know that even the tougher ones, like weekends, are doable now. I am psyched for you! Fridays are always a bit sticky for me, not that I drank any less any other day, lush that I was. For some reason Friday always says Kick Back to me. Now that I don't drink, Fridays are a red flag day, but I know what I need to do so I do it, for once.
Wanted to ask you all to be pulling for me tomorrow. I have a family party to go to and every one of my worst triggers will be on high alert. I have a plan (in writing if you can believe it) and look forward to coming home and being on day 42.
be well, all of you.
Mountaingirl
Old 09-25-2003, 06:10 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
spirit

hey mountain girl

i understand exactly what you mean about fridays, friday night was drinking night. i said that to my son last friday morning and said he had to be gentle with me . he said "mum everyday is drinking night" i can laugh now, but mmm, very telling hey.

a party, that could be tempting, what is your plan, ? on antibiotics, liver cancer (sympathy vote), diet, or just on the wagon?

good luck with it, shall be thinking of you

cheers
kath
Old 09-25-2003, 07:37 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Pulling for you Mountain Girl. You'll make it thru but those parties, oh ya....very tempting. However, you mentioned your plan and sure you will stick with it. I get a kick watching all my friends now getting blasted at parties, etc. and looking at them I think "thank God that's not me!" They may not be alcoholics but they sure must suffer some bad hangovers the next day when I can wake up feeling great! Friday nights were always a big night for me to!

You guys all have a great day and weekend....we are leaving now for our vacation. Spirit, if I win at the slots, you bet I'll share!!!!

Tashia, hope your family get together is going well. Anxious to hear about it.

One day at a time!

Love,
Laci
Old 09-25-2003, 03:56 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Lightbulb

Thank you all for your support....!!!! Hope you are all feeling strong today & are all sober... JUST FOR TODAY....!!!!
Old 09-25-2003, 03:57 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Oh...Ya...I'am home & have not used ....Just for today... 69 days today...yayayayayayay !!!!!!
Old 09-25-2003, 05:03 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
spirit

day 9

and i am nearly out of fingers for counting haha

oh well toes next then i'll stop - counting that is haha

hope you all have a good weekend (friday morning here)

found out last night we are having visitors to watch the football grand final - boy will my old drinking mate be surprised haha

but i am ready, i have my bananas and apples, and i might have a go and making some home made lemonade!!

take care all - keep leading and following

cheers
kath
Old 09-25-2003, 05:54 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Kath so proud of you girl.......smiling at you.

Bananas and apples sound pretty damn good to me, and top it off with lemonade......ah bonus.

Hope your weekend is the best Kath, so good to see you doing so well with this ick thing we have in us. Hugs you.

Love and extra hugs Kath.......Denise
Old 09-25-2003, 05:55 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hi Tashia....pleased to meet you....and congrats on your days of sobriety....it feels pretty darn good doesn't it.

Love and hugs.......Denise
Old 09-25-2003, 05:59 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Growing Up

Kath,
Running out of things to count? What I do is I have a bowl on my desk of polished stones. I add one more every sober morning. I just had to get a bigger bowl! But I had to dump it the last time I blew it, and that was a bad day! I also keep a running count in my journal by the date. It's fun!
Old 09-25-2003, 06:06 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hi mountain girl......pleased to meet you, and congrats on your days of sobriety,,,,yippppppeeeee, it feels pretty darn good, doesn't it.

Love and hugs.....Denise
Old 09-25-2003, 06:18 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Growing Up

Hey Denise,
Yeah, I do wish that it felt great all the time, instead of just most of the time! I'm fine tonight, thank God, but some nights are hard. I have teen daughters, need I say more? How do you spell STRESS! Right now, I spell it Arizona Green Tea! It must have some medicinal value, maybe the ginseng, because I chug it like crazy. Do you have it up there? Ofcourse, it's probably just a placebo! But who cares? Whatever works.
What's your story?
Old 09-26-2003, 12:08 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hi Mountaingirl.....my story, well, um, er....right now wanting to stay sober. I get going then sorta fall, but since I found this place I'm doing the best I have in years.....This is a blessing having found this site.

Guess my story is, if you can't beat him join him, and now I want out, don't want to live like this anymore, but I'll always be tested living under the same roof as him, funny thing is, I'm okay when I'm alone, he's not here, so that part has me babbled.

Two teen girls mountaingirl....oh boys, they sure can put us to the test can't they,,,just love them, and TALK TALK to them, my girl is 21 now, I recently went through something with her, but she's on track now, well things could be better, not complaining, she's doing better, so that's all that matters right now.

I know what you mean by saying,,,,I do wish that it felt great all the time, instead of just most of the time.....well we just have to keep strong here, beat that demon down, snuff it out for once, it's to hard on us, plays havoc with our bodies....grrrr on it. Don't you just hate it, giving it a karate chop,,,take that, and that.

Take good care Mountaingirl....nice getting to know you a bit here.

Love and hugs......Denise ----> keep going this way--->
Old 09-26-2003, 09:48 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi Mountaingirl and welcome!

Just love that green tea! It's been helping with my diet and yes great medicinal value. Quit paying for those bottles and got the tea bags and brew my own now. Much cheaper!

Glad you have found us, looking forward to getting to know you.

Kath dearest how are you today? Hope your doing okay on your second Friday night! *hugs*
Old 09-27-2003, 01:18 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Paused

mags<----------running to the shops checklist:-

green tea.
bananas
apples
oh bugger I normally lose the list anyways!

LOL here about the wine boxes... betcha used to take the pouch out too and get the very last dregs! hahahaha I was very good at that!
the thing with the boxes! well 3 litres are cheaper that buying bottles aren't they. another plus was , carrying the bottles waste of glass, more convenient for the fridge, no cork screws.. etc etc...the final one was.... wait for it...

IT"LL LAST LONGER!!!! hahahaha LMAO

who were we kidding??????? US! thats who..

oh well glad I woke up when I did...

HAPPY DAYz ((((((((Y"ALL)))))))))))

sober
magsy in London!

WoOOOOoooOOOOOOoHooOOOOoOOOoooo
Old 09-27-2003, 04:27 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Growing Up

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to report in: Mission accomplished! Family party, no alcohol, check! It was not smooth sailing, infact there were times that I was just miserable BUT I knew I wouldn't give in. Jeeze is that important, huh? When you think you might drink or you hope you don't, then it's like giving your power away. And control freaks like me just hate doing that!
Thanks for your support!!!!
Just incase any of you have social gettogethers coming up, this is whatI learned: No body cared that I was having cranberry juice, or even commented on it. THey were too busy chugging their red wine. I needn't have worried so much about what people would think!
Hanginthere!!!!
day 42
Old 09-28-2003, 06:25 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
spirit

parties

well i survived the foot ball final with no alcohol, my friend brought a box of wine, but i didnt have a bit. i did sniff the empty glass, if stank.

day11 !

cheeers
kath
Old 09-28-2003, 10:42 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Kath......yipppppeeee jumping up and down for joy here. That's FANTASTIC....proud of you girl.

Sitting here laughing at you sniffing the empty wine glass....to funny. That's almost as bad as stale beer, or beer breath.

Happy for you Kath...----->keep going this way.

Love and hugs......Denise
Old 09-28-2003, 02:23 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hi Kath, Tashia, Mountaingirl, Denise, Chy & Mags!

Just got back from the mini vacation & glad to report I am still sober (15 days today!) Lost a couple of hundred on the slots but oh well, it was fun. Ate a lot of chocolate & ice cream...yummy!

There was a really, really drunk couple in our restaurant last night and they were causing a tremendous scene. I said to my husband and friends "wow...that could have been me!" So, drank another glass of ice tea (love that AZ Green Tea by the way...great stuff) and ate my shrimp and we all watched the "show" that these two put on. Saw them while checking out this am and the gal looked a bit "green" around the gils. Always one drink away from that...no thanks!

Glad we are all doing so well!! Kath, Mountaingirl, Tashia....we all made it thru the football parties, the familie get togethers and just drank cranberry juice, ice tea and ate bananas and apples! LOL....now we will be health nuts. Nothing wrong with that.

Off to do some things around the old house but wanted to check in and tell everyone hi and how much I missed you all! Denise...hear anything about the interview yet?

Happy to be home and back with my sober fun group!

Kath....what's in the journal today?

Love you all and thanks for keeping me coming back. Feels so darn good most of the time.

Love,
Laci

((((((((((hugs to all)))))))))))))))))0
Old 09-28-2003, 03:08 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
spirit

day 12

morning all, glad to see the weekend has gone so well for everyone.

Isnt it awful when you see drunk people now, groan, there but for the grace of god etc etc.

My friend was great about me not drinking and i even showed her this site, which she thought was cool.

yesterday was a bit boring found myself in the kitchen making stuff. we have a huge tree full of lemons, so i got rid of about three big bags to the neighbours. had a coffee with one of the neihbours, that was pretty rare but nice.

then i made ginger snap bisquits, which the kids devoured. not sure if you have them or if they are an aussie thing, they are basically, egg, flour, powdered ginger, melted butter and golden syrup (which is sort of like maple syrup that is the closest thing i can think to describe it, in fact you could use maple syrup or molassas but not much molassas)

then i needed a drink - so i MADE lemonade! dead easy, the kids devoured that as well haha - have to sell them or put them in the shed. (the kids that is not the lemons)

So far today (it is 6am) i woke after a weird dream about my cousin who is living in italy and sneezing my head off haha. so i am up so hubby can sleep. i ahve written an email to my cousin telling her about the dream, it was in her parents (now deceased) house, very weird. i think my aunt may have been floating around somewhere last night haha. my cousin is a bit psychic so no doubt she will write back and tell me what is going on haha.

she also said that where she is in italy they didnt have any power cuts haha -possibly and italian conspiricy haha.

anyway the kids are on school holidays now for two weeks, hubby is home and it is raining, so i think we might have another baking day. anybody got any ideas on what to do with lemons apart from ade or lemon butter. my 10 year is using them to practise his cricket bowling against the back fence, which is not what i think god intended, for the lemons or the fence.

have a good night/day and catch you all later and keep strong

cheers
kath