Notices

my own little piece of recovery world

Old 09-21-2003, 04:58 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Spirit & Laci....Gosh you guys are a hoot...& an inspiration...I look forawrd to ...on a daily basis..Checking this site out...Morning & evening...It reminds me that I am not alone in thisfight against alcohol...I smelled alcohol on someone I didnt know @ a art exibit & it was disgusting !!!! & to think we used to think noone could or would notice we had been drinking...ya right...Iam so grateful Iam sober today...Iam grateful beyond belief...& Iam forever grateful that I stumbled accross this site..My HP had intended for me to find it...It is so helpful & inspiring...I wrote some letters to a few client Iwas in treatment w/ today & shared the wesite w/ them..Hopefully they'll check it out & appreciate it as much as we do !!!! Love isn't Love until you pass it on right?
Old 09-21-2003, 06:41 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
spirit

hi girls

maybe i can rename the site to "OUR" little piece of recovery world.

now bananas that is interesting, i have been eating them lately, and apples, i dont normally eat fruit. just used to drink it - wine comes from grapes and grapes are a fruit hahah

day 5 here 9.30 am. gotta go through the bill pile today, that could be a challenge haha.

and the smell of alcohol - i am going to save so much on perfume haha

congrats to you laci and tashia and thanks heaps to everyone else.

monday in aus is a good day and it should be for you when you get there hahha

kath
Old 09-22-2003, 12:22 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Love the "Our" little piece of recovery! Happy Monday Morning in Aus Kath! A really nice day down under for you. Cracking me up over the fruit thing....wine is fruit and so guess we got plenty of that in us! I am so proud of you and Tashia & me! Pat ourselves right now on the back....all of us at once. Okay, now that sure felt great! Kath I have read some of your posts in other threads and you are helping so many people! You are doing so well. When you feel strong enough you'll get to a meeting. I have gone for three days in a row now and totally enjoying them.

Tashia, you are right. Love isn't love until passed along and we sure are passing it along right here. I smelled alcohol on someone's breath this past Friday and I just about fainted. To think that we thought people couldn't smell that on us!! We sure thought we were pretty darn clever. The nature of our disease is cunning, baffling and powerful. I keep thinking of the first step "admitting we were powerless over alcohol and that our lives had become unmanagable." Isn't this the truth! Just the relief of not having to drink anymore, suffer the hangovers, feel the guilt and remorse....oh boy...that alone will keep me here!

We are walking miracles so let's keep on walking together and hang on to each other. This is hard but it will get easier. At least those nasty shakes are gone!

Hugs and love to you both!

Laci

Thanks for helping to keep me sober.
Old 09-22-2003, 06:19 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
spirit

evening

to all and especially laci and tashia.

doing well, very tired, i slept (sober) on the couch tonight haha

how bizarre haha

you guys are doing so well also.

day 6 tomorrow - yippee

kath
Old 09-22-2003, 07:39 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Nan
Paused

Just stopping in to read Spirit’s journal.

Oh the soup sounds so good! It is rainy and a bit chilly here today the soup would hit the spot! Any left overs?

I read about the ‘fog’ and coming out of it here... I hope the fog settles soon and you keep seeing things clearer and clearer. You sound as a wonderful person with the right attitude in getting what you desire and I wish you all the best.
Old 09-22-2003, 08:20 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
spirit

thanks nan

sorry the soup is gone, surprisingly even the kids ate it haha

i have just replied to your thread as well.

love the story about your daughter with stuff under the bed, i have found numerous dinner plates and bowls under my little fellas bed haha

take care

kath
Old 09-22-2003, 10:32 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Kath & Laci....

Yes...Indeed..Today is a GREAT day..Because we are sober & have eachother for support..Gosh what an amazing gift..Sounds as if we ll were wine drinkers too huh? Yuk! The thought of it makes me sick!!! 66 DAYS TODAY...& I share with youboth so much GRATITUDE in my heart...W/ Tears in my eyes....I can't believe I've come this far..Congrats to you both on another day of soberity !!!! You both are so strong & couragous !!! I remind myself of that 1st step everyday....& It inspires me to not pick up that 1st drink...Because the 1st step reminds me of how my life used to be....Doesn't feel great to live our lives w/ honesty, openness & willingness? I want to share 2 qoutes w/ you both..They've inspired me beyond belief....Hope you enjoy...

Come to the edge.... He said
They said..We are afraid...
Come to the edge.. He said
They came..He pushed them .... And they flew...

Men cannot discover new oceans..Until he has courage to loose sight of the shore....

I hope you both feel strong today....& I hope you both know how much I DO appreciate our new found friendship...
Old 09-22-2003, 04:25 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi Tashia & Kath,

Tashia, very wonderful quotes. Really great and strong words! You sound so very well today and congratulations on 66 days! Wow....that is so awesome and I am sending you a big, big hug!

I have to remind myself of that 1st step also each day and when I feel like a drink I think it through....of what will happen if I have one...then two...three...four, well, you get the idea! Thinking the cause and effect through makes me stop in my tracks and honestly ask myself "do I want to go through that?" The answer is no. I want us all to wake up tomorrow mornng feeling as good and as strong as we feel today. Us wine drinkers can put that stuff away like soda and it does sound as if we all were wino's!

I love your thread Kath and I am happy that we three have fast become friends and comrads in the endeavor to stay sober one day at a time.

You guys keep me coming back!

I appreciate YOU both.

Love and hugs,

Laci

(Kath, your soup sounds wonderful!!)
Old 09-22-2003, 05:47 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
spirit

well excuse me....

laci,

i will have you know that i only ever drank the best boxes of wine, good value $10 a box hahahaha very cultured we are down here haha

tashia - love the quotes and keep leading girl!

cheers
kath
Old 09-22-2003, 06:30 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Well eeexxxxcccuuuusseee Me!!!

LOL! 10.00 bucks...man, that's expensive! Here in the good old USA I could get me a box o fine wine (vintage 2003) for 7.99. You are much more cultured down under obviously! LOL. You make me laugh Kath.

Love & hugs,

Laci
Old 09-23-2003, 04:02 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
spirit

well i gotta admit

that my soup is better than the wine haha - never thought i would say that haha

kath
Old 09-23-2003, 12:51 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Chy

You guys make me smile everyday... it only gets better! *hugs*
Old 09-23-2003, 02:56 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Growing Up

Smile hi everyone

Hello,
You are a fun bunch! As a former wino myself, I just had to chime in. I am 38 days sober today, and enjoyed reading how you all are keeping eachother a float! Hope you don't mind if I float along.
Mountaingirl
Old 09-23-2003, 04:04 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Welcome Mountain Girl and congrats on 38 days!!! We are a fun bunch here & Spirit's journal is so great....gives us such strength to stay sober one day at a time.

Come along with us on the ride....guarnteed only fun with us bunch!

Spirit....what's new today?

Love,
Laci
Old 09-23-2003, 05:03 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Good day Sprirt & Laci...& Welcome Mountain Girl...Congrats to you on 38 days!!!!That is so GREAT!!! Hope you tag along for our sober ride in SR ....I have found that relating w/ Spirit & Laci...Gives me hope & So much support...Ladies..I leave for home tomorrow...& I feel really strong...I will continue to check "Our " Little piece of recovery each I'am there...Iam certain it will feed me the strength I need...You girls are had me crackin up w/ the wine chat..I too used to drink it out of the box..How crazy? Are you both feeling strong today? Gosh..I hope so....This may be the most challenging endeavor we ever o/come..But with strength & working our program..We can do it!!! 67 Days today..I enjoy counting each day..It somehow gives me purpose in my fight!!! one day @ time...We can beat this together...Hope you both are smiling today..& Thank you for all your support...

Hugs right back @ you both !!!!

Love...Tashia
Old 09-23-2003, 06:04 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
spirit

welcome mountain girl

hey we need a mountain girl in our club, we aint got one of them, well not that any others have fessed up to yet hahaha

you are more than welcome and congrats on your journey so far.

tashia where are you going? home what does that mean?

day 7, one this night 7 days ago i was drunk as skunk doing the phone call thing aaaggghhhh.

today i just have a good old fashioned cold haha - sniff - which is good cause i cant smell myself haha

take care all

cheers
kath
Old 09-23-2003, 11:50 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Spirit, you just crack me up! I am so darn proud of you!!!!!!

Yup 7 days ago you were doing the phone thing and we were laughing and relating about that to each other. Geez, can you believe how much better things are today!! Now we can call AA sober!!

I am sorry you have a cold though and please rest and recover. Maybe some homemade soup will help. At least you can't smell yourself! Believe me, that goes away...finally has with me! Thank God...gross huh. haha.

Tashia have a good and safe trip home. Please check in and let us know what is happening. I'm excited for you as this will be a fun time and with your strength and 67 days sober you can just walk right back into your home town and go "hey...look who's back here, looking gorgeous and feeling great and sober!" I am anxious to hear all about the trip from start to finish! How funny that you drank the wine in a box to! That stuff must be very popular throughout the world. Very convenient for us though isn't it. I loved my wine in a box. Actually, I loved my wine any way it was given to me...LOL. If I could have had it thru an IV Tube that would have suited me! Now I settle for good ole H20...good stuff for us girls...hydrates the system.

Love and hugs to you both! You two are way cool and my buddies!

Mountain girl, keep coming back here and join us. As you can see we are enjoying Spirit's journal and you will find much strength and humour here with us.

Love
Laci
Old 09-24-2003, 04:27 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Growing Up

Tashia, Spirit, Laci, and Kath - sorry if I missed anyone!
Thanks for letting me come along.
This thread is so positive, and I love that. I was just journaling today about happiness, because I have some people around me who act like it is up to everyone around them to provide it. One thing staying sober is teaching me is that joy is not always free and easy. But its so cool!
My favorite time of day is morning. Now my mornings are free of headaches, nausea, and what the h*ll happened last night - questions. And that is usually my first happiness everyday, with more to come.
Mountaingirl
Old 09-24-2003, 08:09 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Good Morning to all! Yes, Mountaingirl, this is a positive thread and I enjoy Spirit (Kath's) daily journals as they are very meaningful and often quite funny. I like laughing now and I to love the morning. Nice to know what we did last night isn't it!

Spirt, what is happening in your world today? This is day 8 isn't it? Congratulations!!!! I'm on 11 today. Tashia, are you checking in at 68 days?!! Mountaingirl, you are 39 days today?!! Darn we are all shining stars.

Look forward to your message today Spirit. Let's keep coming back...it works!

Love
Laci
Old 09-24-2003, 06:40 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
spirit

well

here i am haha

yes day 8, who would have thought, but i have a shocking cold haha, my nose is running like god knows haha

so far not much is happening, thursday is a good day, kids are at school, yippee, hubby and i both have a day off, not sure what to do (apart from the obvious haha) but i thought i might take him for a hair cut. god anyone would think i said "willy" cut haha

apart from that, spoilt for choice, could do yet more washing, iron, cook, play on here, who knows haha

keep going girls (sniff)

take care

kath