Notices

I would of stayed up with you all night!

Old 12-15-2009, 05:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
~ 5 ~

I would of stayed up with you all night!

If i would of been a better friend, if i could of gotten past the "i quit why cant she" attitude maybe she would still be here.
Ten years ago i would of given anything to have what she had, a loving husband that adored her, rotten kids she loved, adored and spoiled everyday and a beautiful house nice vehicle ....she had it ALL, on the outside!!!
inside who knows what demons she fought.
I will never know cause i looked down on her lately because even through treatment 4 times and having her kids taken by the state and 3dui's i felt she was selfish for drinking and taking prescription drugs, calling me from the er for a ride after the migrane headache shot then walking out to the parking lot and getting in her suburban and driving, i had a cop call me 1 day to come get her cause he didnt want to arrest a woman 7 months pregnant for dui!!
her last 2 kids have fetal alcohol syndrome! These things were beneath me i suppose. Why did she keep taking pills and drinking then lying to me saying how she was sober 14 months trying to look me in the eye and spacing completely, taking to a diaper telling people to shut up cause she was on the phone.......DONT SHE KNOW HOW STUPID SHE LOOKED???
no, cause her friend wasnt strong enough to be there for her.
Her husband woke up yesterday morning to find her beside him COLD!!!
they say she died in her sleep "apparent overdose" im assuming .....see even now i am being rude assuming it was, we dont know yet they sent her to denver for a autopsy so we dont know yet and i am an a&&hole for assuming.
she was 39 and the mother of 7, ages 22, 20, 17, 15, 13, 9 and the little guy will be 7 on the 21st.
she was a amazing cook, talented seamstress, she gave even if she didnt have.
my friend is dead and drugs and alcohol put her there and took her away from her kids, her grandson will never know her and family and friends and it is unbearable to know this can be avoided that families DONT have to have this happen to them..........IT IS UP TO US, ME AND YOU TO STAY SOBER AND HELP OTHER TO BECOME SOBER AND BE HEALERS AND FRINDS AND STOP AND THANK GOD EVERYDAY WE QUIT CAUSE THAT COULD OF BEEN ANY ONE OF US IF WE DIDNT FIND THIS PLACE AND THESE PEOPLE

sorry for ranting but emotions are flooding my brain.
i dont know any of you personally but i love you all and i thank you for reading this and being here when i didnt know where else to go to share all these feelings.

Last edited by Krys_wyo; 12-15-2009 at 05:56 AM. Reason: misworded, i didnt reread or i woulnt of been able to post
Old 12-15-2009, 06:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Trying to find the right words to say for the grief you feel right now. We can take people to a meeting, we can talk the talk but ultimately, they have to want to be sober and do what ever it takes to get clean and sober. No one could tell me I abused drugs and alcohol. I had to draw my own conclusion.

Hope, you can be there for her kids. They're going to need a good person like you in their lives now
Old 12-15-2009, 06:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So, so sad. I'm sorry for your loss and her family's as well.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

sorry for your loss. Im reminded how powerless we are over anothers alcoholism reading this. All I can do is carry a message by the way I live today.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm at a loss for words except to say that I'm so sorry.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
On my path.

There is so much pain in your post, it moved me, you clearly loved her. I am sorry for the loss of your friend.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Im very sorry for your loss.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Krys_wyo my heart goes out to you and all that knew and loved your friend. I pray that you are not taking any of the blame upon yourself, my wife gave her all and then finally hit her bottom, she told me that she was taking the kids and leaving in a month because she refused to let them watch me drink myself to death.

You know this was just not enough to get me to stop, what it took was ME finally seeing that I was going to die if I kept on drinking, I had to want to stop drinking, others wanting me to stop did not mean a thing to me, I had to want sobriety myself!

The majority of us alcoholics do die while still actively drinking.

I knew a lady like your friend, a junkie alcoholic who lost her children due to her inability to stop drinking. I have not seen her in years, my wife & I took her son into our home for over a year praying that she would find sobriety, she was homeless when we took him in and she just got worse and worse, the state stepped in and found his grandmother in Ca, and working with the CPS in Ca. they arranged for him to go live with his grandma.

She never even called or stopped by to check on him, I saw her one time on the street after that, then my oldest daughter at home said rumor had it that she had died. She was a good woman at heart that just could not stop the drinking and drugs, way to many rehabs and detoxes, the second she got out she was back at it again.

All I can do is to stay sober myself and keep my hand out there for some one ready to quit that is willing to do what ever it takes to get and stay sober.

My sincerest condolances on your lose, one of the awesome things is in AA I have seen several alcoholics die sober and happy.