SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Hiya! Newbie here :) (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/190222-hiya-newbie-here.html)

CJ23 12-10-2009 03:27 PM

Hiya! Newbie here :)

Hi everyone. I'm new to recovery :) Haven't gone more than 10 days without alcohol in 5 years and hoping to make a lifelong change. Im on day 3 and don't plan on letting day 11 overcome me anymore. Thanks for being here! :)

endzoner 12-10-2009 03:40 PM

Hi CJ and welcome to the family , were glad your here . as you see were under repairs and things are lil outta place . but we should be up and running correctly soon . look forward to reading your posts .. recoverying alki here as well .. cya in the rooms ~ Endzy~

Dee74 12-10-2009 03:49 PM

Welcome to SR CJ23 :)

Keep posting - you'll find a lot of support and encouragement here
D

Jester1025 12-10-2009 03:53 PM

Hi CJ! Welcome to SR!

cloud8 12-10-2009 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by CJ23 (Post 2456684)
Hi everyone. I'm new to recovery :) Haven't gone more than 10 days without alcohol in 5 years and hoping to make a lifelong change. Im on day 3 and don't plan on letting day 11 overcome me anymore. Thanks for being here! :)

Hay great to have you here, remember this if you can just deal with today, its alot easier..talk to someone before you drink preferably another recovering person. being they can relate to you better. also if your into it look into a aa metting or call them up, If not stay here and keep posting, do that anyway. it helps me and others to read your posts. your not alone,

stay :Xmasqstar

CJ23 12-10-2009 04:10 PM

thanks for the warm welcome!

Anna 12-10-2009 04:12 PM

Hi and Welcome,

I'm glad you found us.

You'll find lots of support here.

ANGELINA243 12-10-2009 04:25 PM

Welcome! Glad you are here. Congrats on 3 days! :)

Sober25 12-11-2009 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by CJ23 (Post 2456684)

Welcome CJ23, we are glad you are here. Congrats on the 3 days. May I suggest you take one day at a time and not worry about day 11? It works so much better that way. Have you gone to AA yet? I would highly recommend it. Meetings are very important. You will meet people there who can help you to stay sober. I hope you stay here as well. This forum has some awesome people who will support you and give you encouragement. I wish you all the best.

Tazman53 12-11-2009 03:50 AM

CJ welcome to SR, as already suggested do not concern your self with day 11, just focus on staying sober today, tomorrow is not here today so there is nothing to worry about, just stay in the day, in the hour, or even in the moment. Just do not drink today.

Today is day 1,180 for me and I am not in the least worried about being sober on dat 1,181 because it is not here yet!

What has kept me sober has been AA, the program, the 12 steps are what has allowed me to return to sanity, finding a Power of my choosing and understanding that helps me deal with all the problems I have in life. In AA I also have the fellowship, fellow alcoholics in recovery that help me to stay sober as I help them to stay sober, we also help each other in dealing with day to day life by sharing our experiences, strengths & hope with each other.

Check out some AA meetings, it is kind of cool, we learn how to function first with each other, then with society as a whole.

I strongly suggest using some sort of long term recovery program to stay sober, be it AA or another, this whole deal is easier dealt with as a group then alone.

cambridge 12-11-2009 04:29 AM

Hi and welcome!

CJ23 12-11-2009 05:36 PM

Thanks for all the great advice everyone!! I live up north and decided to return home to Va to my parents house for 30 days to get started! They are both 6 months sober and we are going to help each other and they are going to provide a stable environment. Being in the city alone is too tough right now. I am going to my first meeting tomorrow morning and will keep posting here. :)

herennow 12-11-2009 05:42 PM

Welcome!
:c009:

least 12-11-2009 05:43 PM

I'm glad you have supportive family. Having family and friends' support can be so helpful. Good that you'll be in a safe place for your early recovery too.

Welcome to SR! Glad you joined the family!

coffeenut 12-11-2009 06:28 PM

Welcome. Glad you are here.

stephnc 12-12-2009 11:37 AM

Hello and welcome to the board. This place is a wonderful support, but I also encourage you to try AA...it's really been helpful to me and tons of other people in this community.

Congrats on your three days! :Xmaskstar