SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I HAVE to comply now (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/189899-i-have-comply-now.html)

Aysha 12-05-2009 07:42 AM

I HAVE to comply now

I went to social services yesterday to get the public assistance that I need for the sober house. Now that I have entered into that program I have to comply with everything or I will lose ALL my benefits. Which are food stamps and medicaid and housing and cash assistance. And they will suspend me from receiving any of it for a period of time or for good.
I have had medicaid for years now and food stamps too. I need those regardless.
I have to go for an evalution Wed for their people to tell them what kind of treatment I need. It could be from 28 days inpatient to IOP to regular OP.
I am sure they will say IOP like they have everytime before.
This way they have to give me the help no matter what the insurance company says.
I should have done this a long time ago. I didnt know this existed.
So I am sorta like mandated to finish any and all programs now.
Which is good because now it wont be at my discretion.
I think this is the help I have been needing and looking for.
I think this may be the time I actually get on the right track.
ALSO!! My cousin is moving at the end of the month and it just so happens she is moving like right down the street from the sober house!!
She didnt know that until she got the apt.
And the sober house is 2 towns north of me now. SO I will have family right close to me. OMG! Do you know how awesome that is?!! And my 2 lil cousins will be close too! I have been so scared and nervous about doing this. Now I feel alot better.
I seen the house yesterday. Its right on the edge of town and the country. Small town. Its a huge house and it has a huge yard. Its right there close to a few gas stations and stores. And maybe a mile or so from the main town, which isnt all that big, but like a busy small town.
Now I hope the interview goes welll and I get in.

FanofJoeMcQ 12-05-2009 07:47 AM

Good news! It will go the way its supposed to! Will be thinking of you.

Sober25 12-05-2009 09:57 AM

It sounds like you have plenty of incentive to stay sober.

NewPosture 12-05-2009 10:14 AM

Wow. It's funny the way good news gets packaged sometimes.

Awesome!

least 12-05-2009 10:31 AM

I hope things continue to go well for you. (((hugs)))

Bamboozle 12-05-2009 10:42 AM

:Xmasmstar :)

Awesome, T. :hug:

Hevyn 12-05-2009 10:59 AM

It sounds like everything you need - you won't feel isolated, & will have a huge incentive to stick with the program. I'm so hoping this will be your answer, Trish.

Dee74 12-05-2009 02:39 PM

Hope it all works out Trish :)

D

grateful2b 12-05-2009 04:27 PM

Trish, I have been following your process right along ......and I want to say that I respect you so much, and I am so darn proud of you for your courage and for the work you have done to get to this point along the path..

It all sounds great and It will be what you make it, and I am excited for you....hugs

Rusty Zipper 12-05-2009 06:14 PM

good wishes trish!

you can do it!

nogard 12-05-2009 06:31 PM

Onya Trish :)

vegibean 12-06-2009 04:13 PM

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear how the interview went. Glad to read all of your news. :)

Zencat 12-06-2009 06:45 PM

My last stay in a sober house was for 9 months. It helped me out to no end. I was able to take the time I needed to get back on track with my addiction treatment program. I hope it helps you too.

Aysha 12-06-2009 07:06 PM

I really havent been thinking about the sober house today. I dont know if I am trying to block it out of my mind or what. But a few minutes ago I thought I need to get to bed because I have to get up early tomorrow and then it hit me. I felt so sick to my stomach. I got all scared and nervous.
I really havent put alot of thought into this whole process. My mind can only go as far as just getting in the door. Which is good.
My whole life could change tomorrow.
I could be doing something long over due and something I have never done on so many levels.
Like getting long term treatment and moving out for the first time. Thats alot to take in.
I know its good my mind isnt thinking too far ahead.
I guess its right where it should be. But I am so scared. I am trembling thinking about it.
Phew....I gotta try and get some sleep.
Wow...Tomorrow could be a huge life changing event. Thats intense.

Dee74 12-06-2009 07:29 PM

(((t)))

d

Lenina 12-06-2009 07:58 PM

(((Trish)))

Life changing. In a good way! I'm so impressed and inspired by you. You've wanted this for a long time!

Much love,

Lenina

Jules62 12-06-2009 09:09 PM

I'm so glad for you Trish!!! I'm always rooting for you.This all sounds great!I know you'll do well despite the nerves :)

Thinking of you,
Julesxox

Impurrfect 12-07-2009 01:57 AM

(((Trish)))

Sending huge hugs and prayers your way!

Amy

smynthia 12-07-2009 04:48 AM

It's totally naturally to be nervous about the unexpected. It sounds like an awesome opportunity for you.
Trust it was meant to be. I hope this is a great start of healing for you.

Believe808 12-07-2009 04:59 AM

Trish good luck honey.