SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   just thought I would share... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/189820-just-thought-i-would-share.html)

akazia21 12-03-2009 09:10 PM

just thought I would share...

So as some of you know I am in the process of buying a new mobile home-well my offer was approved-big question is if the park will approve me I have bad credit and DUI's.....So I get a call from the park and this guy wants me to come into the office to talk...I was like great any time this happens it's bad right? So I go in there and he tells me to explain my credit history which I did and then he tells me he doesn't want any more "problem children" in the park (I'm 31 LOL). Then he just straight up asks me if I think I have a problem with alcohol and I was in shock and told him yes I am an alcoholic working on recovery 19 days sober-thinking at the same time-well just killed all hope of living there....
Anyway his reply was "Great, I have 20 years this week!" I couldn't do anything but laugh with relief as he told me all I needed to do was be honest with him and he would do his best to get me in the park if I did my best to stay sober! I know in AA they say to always be honest but I never expected things would work out like this-he also told me I can always come to him and he knows plenty of ladies that will help me. Just thought I would share-it's weird how this worked out-I honestly thought I had blown it-who wants to have an alcoholic living in a nice place right? Guess I thought wrong...
Just felt I would share this-life really is weird and now I have more motivation then ever to stay sober-it works for me!

Dee74 12-03-2009 10:08 PM

Thats great akazia :)

Thank you for sharing!
D

barb dwyer 12-03-2009 10:21 PM

I was also amazed in the beginning just how WELL... plain everyday HONESTY worked.

congratulations!

Aysha 12-04-2009 05:09 AM

Thats a great share. Good Luck.

Saphie 12-04-2009 05:16 AM

Thanks for this positive share. We need to hear stories like that, well I do anyway.

Anna 12-04-2009 05:33 AM

That's really good news and it sounds like this will be a good opportunity for you!

Gypsy Feet 12-04-2009 05:59 AM

You got "a sign" that you are on the right path, I love those!!

mirage 12-04-2009 06:17 AM

Aw, that's great news Akazia! Glad it's working out for you! :)

endzoner 12-04-2009 06:17 AM

amazing how things work out ,,, many gifts of recovery some mite be small and some are huge! congrats on getting a new place and that rocks he's in recovery as well .. hugs Endzy

WakeUp 12-04-2009 06:44 AM

Honesty IS the best policy. Thanks for sharing your story. :)

BeachAngel 12-04-2009 11:41 AM

I am so proud of you! Got your note, I'll write back tonight. Great job!