Notices

Need experienced information..

Old 11-28-2009, 02:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need experienced information..

Around June, perscribed oxycodone 5/325mg for a surgery. Fine on them, and that turned into little recreational feel-good. Since, about 10-20mg of oxycodone ONLY, daily on average with week breaks in between, never more than 30mg in one day.

Recently, feet have become extremely cold and painful, and noticed that the oxycodone helps make them warmer or masks the pain.

Is cold feet a symptom of withdrawl from oxycodone?

Use about 5 months, orally.
Old 11-28-2009, 02:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Unhappy Wolf.

I've never used Oxys so I have no experience to share.

I think your best bet is to ask your Dr, and get them to advise you on whats best for you do next.

We have a substance abuse board here you might be interested in as well
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Welcome
D
Old 11-28-2009, 04:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, it sure does sound like you should talk to your dr.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by UnhappyWolf View Post
Around June, perscribed oxycodone 5/325mg for a surgery. Fine on them, and that turned into little recreational feel-good...Is cold feet a symptom of withdrawl from oxycodone?

Use about 5 months, orally.
It always is wise to contact your doctor when you have a medical question. But, I suspect that what you're doing here is asking more than a simple medical question. Am I right? Do you suspect that you might be addicted and, therefore, that you may be experiencing withdrawal?

If you want to know if it's possible to become dependent taking the doses that you've been taking and by taking it in the manner in which you've been taking it, the answer is yes. If you are physically addicted, you will experience withdrawal when you don't take the pills. Mild withdrawal (which is what you're most likely to experience with what you've been taking) will make you ache (feet sure... and any other place... legs, arms, back, neck..). Have you felt unusually tired when this happens? That's another symptom of withdrawal. Cold feet? Well sure... cold everything actually, and hot flushes with sweating. (Getting high always made me feel wonderfully warm.) Ever feel anxious? That could be another symptom of withdrawal.

If you are sure that the cold and hurting feet are not due to any medical condition and are concerned that you may be experiencing opiate withdrawal, yes it definitely is a reasonable possibility.

Is there anything else that you would like to share about yourself? Are the pills gone? Is your doctor planning to refill your script? Do you want to stop? What can we do to help you?

Please forgive me for my abruptness in getting right to the matter at hand. I should have welcomed you. :ghug3 Welcome to SR, Unhappywolf! Would you like to be happy again?
Old 11-28-2009, 09:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for all your responses..

Christin, no apology necessary. I'm sure when most people are seeking this site, it's because they need intense help from other people to make it through their situation.

This isn't the case. Although I understand their is a definite possible for withdrawal at this stage, I have never read anything about having cold feet as a symptom. So, I was wondering from people who really had experience with it whether that can be a symptom.

So, thanks for your response. My purpose is to get 100% healthier, not abuse something unnecessarily. Unfortunately, I've been ill recently, and occasionally these make me feel good. I also believe ignorance made it feel like it was less possible to get withdrawal from swallowing 1 or 2 (10mg) pills daily; maybe 4-5 days a week.

If that's the situation, then I'll need to find another solution to my problems.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

..doctor..no ifs or buts...

..keep us posted...n stay well...ozy