SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   OT: popcorn (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/188995-ot-popcorn.html)

firestorm090 11-20-2009 10:45 PM

OT: popcorn

It's Friday night, late and the movie is just starting.

Ice tea sitting on the coffee table, and the smell of fresh popcorn is in the air.

Another addiction.

I love popcorn, it reminds me of when I was a kid, (well, now I'm just a big kid, lol) and we'd watch scary movies late at night.

Some things never change and maybe they shouldn't, lol.

It's slow here at SR, so does anyone else like popcorn or what's your favorite late night snack? Come on, no one's watching, lol.

One other note: I never liked taking a lady out to dinner, and she'd nitpic through the meal, then go home and raid the fridge, what's up w/that? :wtf2

Gypsy Feet 11-20-2009 11:00 PM

ice cream!!

and sometimes there's just better stuff in the fridge at home

especially when your dining at wendys :)

Lenina 11-20-2009 11:07 PM

Oh, I love popcorn! Nice, hot buttery, salty popcorn! Funny you should bring this up, we are going out to a movie tomorrow night and can't have the popcorn as it's not allowed until Monday!

Did you ever eat Milk Duds and popcorn at the same time? Fabulous! Very bad on the teeth and gums, though.

I actually like those Juju Fruits too. And Junior Mints and Boston Beans and Lemon Heads! Did you know Walgreens is selling all of those for $1?

Guess we know why I'm on a diet now!

Love,

Lenina

Lenina 11-20-2009 11:09 PM

Yes! And ice cream! I love ice cream. Cherry Garcia is my very favorite. And Bon Bons.

Love,

Lenina

firestorm090 11-20-2009 11:22 PM

I have my own booth at Carls Jrs now, but still pay homage to Wendys on the weekends, especially for the chili, with a frosty, mmmmm. Great stuff for this bachelor, lol.

Had to take my clothes off the exercise equipment this week........because my other clothes were dirty, lol.

Live 11-20-2009 11:24 PM

Late at night...I will eat ANYTHING and lots of it. I have been trying to do yogurts again like I used to when I was a healthy eater...I have no idea what happened to 3/4 of that chocolate cake over there. Must be intruders, better get a dead bolt.

Watched "The Reader" last night....best I have seen in a long, long while!

Waiting for Men Who Stare At Goats to come out on net.flix

I think I should go read a book. That will keep my hands full. :)

Live 11-20-2009 11:27 PM

that's funny, I love it firestorm!!

I am a bachelorette living with a bachelor.....I worried one day about whether I was supposed to do housekeeping. he said to me, "I told you what to do about it" and then mimiced blinders with his hands. LOL
That works for me!

firestorm090 11-20-2009 11:28 PM

Don't yogurts have live stuff swimming around in there? Yuck!!

I'll stick with the ice cream!!

Thanks for the chocolate cake!! lol.

Lenina 11-20-2009 11:38 PM

We liked "Men Who Stare at Goats" but I think it's a movie for a certain demographic, like Baby Boomers. It made me laugh a lot.

Live, you have those missing food items too? And Firestorm, you're on the loose? Dang, mister, you get around! LOL

I never had much of a sweet tooth until fairly recently. Now I'm thinking about junk food almost every night. Do gummy bears even count as food at all?

Love,

Lenina

firestorm090 11-20-2009 11:47 PM

Yes, Gummy Bears count......alot!

Ask any dentist, lol.

OZboy 11-21-2009 02:05 AM

:herewego...oz iz watchin...

Ann 11-21-2009 02:36 AM

CHEESECAKE!!!

:scoregood

jahnilee59 11-21-2009 02:43 AM

Popcorn is good. I like to slice up a good summer sausage( actually 4-5 slices) with a few slices of xtra sharp cheddar cheese, add some calamata olives and enjoy with fresh saltine crackers and a glass of milk. 97 days today. John in Oklahoma

Sikkisirus 11-21-2009 03:41 AM

I eat cheese on toast at night - I know some say cheese gives you nightmares but not me. I don't mind nightmares anyway :)

Ann 11-21-2009 04:37 AM

*sneaks back in, drops off cheesecake, sneaks back out*

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/726...cheesecake.jpg

mirage 11-21-2009 06:57 AM

Well this is ironic...had a butt load of popcorn yesterday...extra butter. (Went to the movies.) I've been all over the sweets, tho. Lotsa ice cream here, too! I should be gaining weight, but without all that beer at night it evens out! :)

parentrecovers 11-21-2009 07:02 AM

i have a friend that's been sober for at least 20 years now. before he quit, the floorboard of his car was always full of empty beer cans. after he quit - dairy queen blizzard cups!

:)

Live 11-21-2009 07:05 AM

just back away from that cheesecake slowly and no one will get hurt.
I spotted it first!

Mariposa18 11-21-2009 08:30 AM

Mmm...Movies and Popcorn, how can you go wrong? lol I love to mix popcorn with something chocolate, the salty/sweet mix is the BEST!

We are going to see New Moon tonight...yes I'm one of those! lol It's actually the first time I'll be going to the movie theater since I saw the first movie, Twilight, last year. Kinda sad but it's so dang expensive! We have Netflix so we usually watch movies here on the big screen. With all the lights off it rivals the movies!

Gypsy Feet 11-21-2009 09:40 AM

sheeeeet, I ran out of people who will sit in a movie theater with me!! I believe the last movie I saw in a theater (I hate spelling it that way!) was the latest batman. I made it about 20 minutes into the movie, told my (ex) that I'd be right back, and then went and watched pieces of all the other stuff trying to find one I liked.

The one before that was some disaster movie where they had like blizzards in cali and tidal waves in new york maybe, and the 'sad" part was so cheesy I couldn't stop laughing. My mom was so mad she made me change seats I think,and vowed never to go with me again=)