Notices

Nine days

Old 11-17-2009, 05:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nine days

I have been trying to post everyday, but they will not go through. I hope this does. I have nine days clean off opiates. This is huge for me, the longest I have gone is 6 days in 7 years. I was addicted to Vicodin, then after I lost 3 family members all 7 months apart, and a 4 year relationship, I went off the deep end and started oxycontin. The last year I have been using H - snorting only. I cannot believe this happened to me. I have been off of that for 2 months, then I weaned myself down, with a lot of will power, and leaving the state. My question is....how long will the "digestive" problems last? Sour stomach, dirreah, I have good and bad days, I still have cravings that come and go, BUT I WILL NOT go back, I have made it this far. How long does it take for the body and brain to heal and re-wire? Thanks!!
Old 11-17-2009, 07:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hello, wantto. Congratulations on your clean time.

I drank...and it took a few months for the stomach problems to calm down. I still have problems every now again...it depends upon what I eat.

Just hang in there...and if something doesn't seem right please don't hesitate to see your doctor.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Today is my third day sober technically, but my main addictions have been H and speed for as long as I can remember. Today is day 6 off of the two of those. I am still having stomach problems as well.

In April 2009 I was sober for a year. My days all tend to run together, but I think after about 3 months I went to a doctor and was given medication for my stomach issues.

The cravings never left me. I had good days, and even good weeks. Then when I would least expect it I would find myself desperate and willing to do anything for them.

Hope this helped. Stay strong. Let me know if you want to talk.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by eureka View Post
Today is my third day sober technically, but my main addictions have been H and speed for as long as I can remember. Today is day 6 off of the two of those. I am still having stomach problems as well.

In April 2009 I was sober for a year. My days all tend to run together, but I think after about 3 months I went to a doctor and was given medication for my stomach issues.

The cravings never left me. I had good days, and even good weeks. Then when I would least expect it I would find myself desperate and willing to do anything for them.

Hope this helped. Stay strong. Let me know if you want to talk.
You stay STRONG as well my friend. I am here for you.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
Hello, wantto. Congratulations on your clean time.

I drank...and it took a few months for the stomach problems to calm down. I still have problems every now again...it depends upon what I eat.

Just hang in there...and if something doesn't seem right please don't hesitate to see your doctor.
Thanks Bam - I know now that I have Gastritis, which I have had in the past. Wondering because I didn't eat much while using, my appetite has returned with a vengence and I have been eating spicy foods. Also wondering if my body is just reacting to not having much food in the stomach for ahwile...anyway, thanks so much. ))
Old 11-17-2009, 02:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats-I have 4 days sober! I have a couple of stomach problems, I think everyone is different. But I think its true on what you eat. I have notice that soup and crackers, with ginger ale is a great remedy. Then I slowly then go to chocolate and ice cream. Vanilla shakes from McDonald's is my weakness, makes me feel much better. Well, keep up the good work and keep us on your progress. You will be in my prayers tonight. FYI- a neighbor just died at the age of 39 yrs old, from those drugs, his heart just stopped. 1KitGer