SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   hi all... i'm new. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/188704-hi-all-im-new.html)

elliebean 11-16-2009 05:05 PM

hi all... i'm new.

new to this site, but not new to addiction.... i overcame a hell of an addiction about 12 years ago.. but for the last three or so years, i've been on prescriptions for medical issues. granted... over the last few months, i've doctor shopped, bought on the street, etc. i tried going to detox about 9 months ago... stopped for a few months, but craved the feeling, so i started again.

i start suboxone tomorrow morning. i have a strong desire to stop. i NEED to stop. we're trying to have children, and i cant be stuck in something like this... it's NOT healthy at all.

i appreciate any advice or any words of encouragement!

thanks all, and good luck in your recoveries.

grateful2b 11-16-2009 05:17 PM

Ellie, Welcome to SR! I am glad you've found us...this is a wonderful place and you will find a lot of Experience, Strength and Hope here...
there are stickies at the top of the page with lots of great information...
you sound determined and focused...I wish you all the best!

firestorm090 11-16-2009 05:19 PM

Welcome to SR.

You've found a great support group here, so stick around and share as often as you like. Sometimes it's a little slow, so just hang in there and stay connected. Welcome.

tanyapmc 11-16-2009 05:20 PM

Hi Ellie and welcome to SR. I was addicted to opiates and benzos for many years. I understand the horrible cycle of trying to stop taking them and starting again due to the physical withdrawal. I am glad you are here and trying to get your life straight. I have now been clean over 2 1/2 years. I go to AA, have a sponsor and have worked the 12 steps. It can happen for you too. I no longer have the desire or craving to use and that is a miracle!

WellDone 11-16-2009 05:51 PM

I've probably....

... already responded, but I'm really not sure, as I haven't quite figured this site out yet.

First day on here as well. Finding my way.

Poz vibes/thoughts headed westward from here tonight and tomorrow as your open your new chapter.

Anna 11-16-2009 05:52 PM

Welcome!

I'm glad you found us and that you have made the decision to live a sober life.

j0hn0than1964 11-16-2009 06:14 PM

hello and welcome to SR... it is a great move to see you talking here and sharing what you are going through. of course it is hard and you know that I am sure. Please keep talking here at least and you will find there are wonderful people here that will have all kinds of good advice and help.

JT

eureka 11-16-2009 06:36 PM

Welcome! Best of luck to you.

Astro 11-16-2009 06:40 PM

Glad you're here ellie, I posted this on another thread........

Welcome to SR ellie, nice skin art! I have a wimpy little tattoo on my left bicep :lmao

If you're ever in Scottsdale please stop by and pick up a meeting list North Scottsdale Fellowship Club - Home-Home We've got some great PA meetings at the Club on Wed. & Sun., and lots of helpful, supportive members.

elliebean 11-16-2009 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Astro (Post 2434720)
Glad you're here ellie, I posted this on another thread........

Welcome to SR ellie, nice skin art! I have a wimpy little tattoo on my left bicep :lmao

If you're ever in Scottsdale please stop by and pick up a meeting list North Scottsdale Fellowship Club - Home-Home[/url] We've got some great PA meetings at the Club on Wed. & Sun., and lots of helpful, supportive members.

thanks so much scott! i was just trying to research online to find a PA meeting. that would be great to get to one. i was looking for one this week... i'll definitely try to get there wed!

elliebean 11-16-2009 06:47 PM

and thank you so much everyone for your awesome welcome!

Aysha 11-16-2009 07:36 PM

ANGELINA243 11-16-2009 07:42 PM

Welcome Ellie! Glad you are here. :)

swampy 11-16-2009 07:51 PM

Welcome elliebean !!!!

Dee74 11-16-2009 08:05 PM

Welcome elliebean

it's good to have you aboard -
feel free to check out our substance abuse forums too :)

D

Gypsy Feet 11-16-2009 08:18 PM

welcome!!

did you know someone colored all over you?!?!?

I hope to see you in chat soon, good luck with the meds tomorrow

thirtybubba 11-16-2009 11:57 PM

Welcome to SR :wavey:

Sikkisirus 11-17-2009 01:48 AM

Welcome to SR Ellie, great place for support. :)

By the way im liking the look of your tattoos. I have 1 and a half sleeves myself :scoregood

smacked 11-17-2009 06:51 AM

Just wanted to welcome you :) You're making a huge decision for your life and your future child(rens) life too!

Welcome to SR!

Love the tats btw.

elliebean 11-17-2009 07:03 AM

thank you so much! we're trying to have a baby together, and i have a 14 year old daughter who is my world. she understands what i am going through thankfully, and is very supportive.

but i definitely want to be as healthy as possible to start having babies! i already had a loss at 17 weeks (before i was using) so i'm nervous!