Notices

Tell us a little something about you ...

Old 11-17-2009, 07:11 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
team awesome

i'm absolutely addicted and cant stop getting them! each has special meaning. my last few: the pink breast cancer ribbon, a tattoo with my mom's name, and words up the side of my ribcage that says "that which does not destroy us... makes us stronger"...

people always ask me if ill regret them when i'm old...and i always say that i'll be too busy pissing in my diaper to care what anyone else thinks!
Old 11-17-2009, 07:27 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Rockstar

I hate it when people ask me if i'll regret my tattoos like they think its a 'phase' or whatever

I usually have the same response as yours Ellie. I'd like to have skin like a Etch A Sketch so I could keep having them lol
Old 11-17-2009, 07:36 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

great thread! thanks for starting it, my names Juliet and i'm an alcoholic, im 45 years old and i've been married for 26 years , ive got 4 children and 1 grandson, id like to write a book about my life one day, i also like exercise, competitions, gaming, reading, raising money for cancer research, and collecting clutter,
Old 11-17-2009, 07:41 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

My name Is Charles S. and my clean date is 11/11/91. I am originally from the DFW or Dallas region where I was in service on both the group and area levels. At one point I had attended some 15 of the Whitney Conventions. Currently, I live in Stinnett Texas north of Amarillo. I am the Exec. Dir. of a Recovery Support Center here whose home group is The Living Room which is named for Dan Child's one of my early sponsors who died of cancer. I am also in prison ministry on the state and federal levels which is my service work these days. I have tried to make contact with the Amrillo Area but have yet to find a good e-mail or address. I have one young lady in group that is very active in NA and she keeps me updated monthly. In an attempt to connect with the Area and region of North Texas we plan to host a Valentines Sweetheart Dance on Feb 13 2010. If there are any North Texas Folks here, I would love to hear from you! God Bless and Keep the faith
Old 11-17-2009, 11:33 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hi,

I'm Ruby. I drink because I have anxiety and the beer calms me down. I've tried taking anti-anxiety meds, but the side effects make my anxiety worse.

I love music, animals, movies and art. I'm married. My husband doesn't drink at all. And I drink about every day. I don't ever get wasted or anything, but I do rely on having a beer if my heart starts racing or if I can't sleep. I do definitely have a dependency on it to help calm me and I don't want to have to rely on having a beer to help me relax. I know I have a problem, because I can't just stop. My heart races when thinking about it.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:35 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Welcome to SR Ruby, this might be a good place for you. Look around, post and read, keep reaching out for support.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:53 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Oh my goodness. How could I forget about music???!

I cant live without it! I am always dancing and singing and really feel every word to my fav songs. I get into music so much sometimes its like a whole body and mind trip for me.

I want to welcome everyone too.
It is great to see so mnay new people. Hope yall stick around.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:57 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hi I am Genevieve and over there <--- is my best friend Dexter. Ninsuna is a name I originally used on World of Warcraft. I'm 35, a native Californian who lived in Western Australia for a year and moved back last May. I also has blue eyes, love the cthulu avatar box3, impressed and enthralled by anyone who is a professional math geek Traderjane, and agree with Sikki...getting inked feels kinda nice, except the one on the top of my foot. not so much.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:26 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Nice to read about you all, and welcome to the newcomers!

Regarding the pain...if I ever decide to get another tattoo, I swear I'm gettin a freakin epidural. Mother --!
Old 11-17-2009, 01:27 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Originally Posted by rubytuesday View Post
Hi,

I'm Ruby. I drink because I have anxiety and the beer calms me down. I've tried taking anti-anxiety meds, but the side effects make my anxiety worse.

I love music, animals, movies and art. I'm married. My husband doesn't drink at all. And I drink about every day. I don't ever get wasted or anything, but I do rely on having a beer if my heart starts racing or if I can't sleep. I do definitely have a dependency on it to help calm me and I don't want to have to rely on having a beer to help me relax. I know I have a problem, because I can't just stop. My heart races when thinking about it.
happy you found us, rubytuesday! welcome, and keep reaching out!

hugs, k
Old 11-17-2009, 01:55 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

My name is Lisa. I checked this site our a few days ago, cause it's just getting time to get it together. I have finally come to terms with my addiction to Lortab that I was taking for a back problem. Back still hurts, but I have totally been abusing these drugs for appx. 2 years. I am getting ready to go out of town and called by dr. to change by appt. and get them to call in a refill for me while I am away. They wanted me to come in and bring my meds. Can't do that - the count is wrong. I am relived in some way. I new the day would come when my candy store would close and I would have to face living life without drugs. I want to. I am so sick of it. So. I have 3 tabs left, taking them sparingly so I don't have crazy withdrawls then I'll have to face life sober.
6 weeks ago I found out my H had a 9-month affair while working in Iraq. My world has been rocked upside down. But the reality is, it would be easy to continue medicating my pain and never truly deal with issues or I can deal with it sober and really live my life again. No one knows about my addiction and I think I am going to come clean with my H this weekend when I see him. Sorry this is soo long; I just need to get it out there to someone what is going on with me. I am scared, but very hopeful. You guys are really brave and I wish the best to all of you. Thanks!
Old 11-17-2009, 01:58 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

I have a lovely smile
Old 11-17-2009, 02:26 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Originally Posted by L0107 View Post
My name is Lisa. I checked this site our a few days ago, cause it's just getting time to get it together. I have finally come to terms with my addiction to Lortab that I was taking for a back problem. Back still hurts, but I have totally been abusing these drugs for appx. 2 years. I am getting ready to go out of town and called by dr. to change by appt. and get them to call in a refill for me while I am away. They wanted me to come in and bring my meds. Can't do that - the count is wrong. I am relived in some way. I new the day would come when my candy store would close and I would have to face living life without drugs. I want to. I am so sick of it. So. I have 3 tabs left, taking them sparingly so I don't have crazy withdrawls then I'll have to face life sober.
6 weeks ago I found out my H had a 9-month affair while working in Iraq. My world has been rocked upside down. But the reality is, it would be easy to continue medicating my pain and never truly deal with issues or I can deal with it sober and really live my life again. No one knows about my addiction and I think I am going to come clean with my H this weekend when I see him. Sorry this is soo long; I just need to get it out there to someone what is going on with me. I am scared, but very hopeful. You guys are really brave and I wish the best to all of you. Thanks!
nice to meet you, lisa. thanks for posting.

there's a substance abuse forum here where you'll find a lot of support as well.

i'd just like to mention - you should probaly think about seeing a doc about handling your withdrawls. you deserve the help, and need to be safe.

keep reaching out! and thanks again for sharing your story.

hugs, k
Old 11-17-2009, 02:27 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Originally Posted by nogard View Post
I have a lovely smile
mine's crooked!
Old 11-17-2009, 02:44 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

we will have to start a tattoo thread now! welcome to all the other newcomers,keep reading! i have a vine up my back and across my shoulders that was ok,i loved getting it done.i have four large flowers on my back only one of which is colored in,i had these done while very drunk on holiday in portugal and i think the guy doing it was trying to see how much pain i could take,,a$$hole.anyway,the butterflies i had done in strugis were done by a real hardknock biker dude,who we found out was sober 19 years in AA! his friend has a sober ba$tard patch on his leather vest,so we had great conversations with them! we found the studio by "accident" lol,,,,it was the most gentle one i have had,and it was that gentle i thought it was going to wash off,,,indeed pulling the tape off afterwards hurt more,,lol.my other half and i have "ride free,one day at a time" coffee mugs in our cupboard that the kind chaps at the cellar in sturgis gave us,would love to go back there and have some more done.sorry for hijacking the thread!
Old 11-17-2009, 02:57 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I have pretty feet. IMO. LOL
Old 11-17-2009, 02:57 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with parentrecovers Lisa - best to see a doctor.

Welcome to SR
D
Old 11-17-2009, 07:16 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

I have my name 'Kevin' tattoed on my right forearm!
Old 11-17-2009, 07:16 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

I guess thats better than better than many other things that coudl be there!
Old 11-17-2009, 10:27 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
hypercube

love the cthulu avatar box3
Thanks, Ninsuna. I've never played World of Warcraft, but I enjoy RPG single player games, like Fallout 3. I just love me some of that retro post-apocalyptic wasteland aesthetic.