Notices

not_able_to_drive_any_input?

Old 11-11-2009, 07:42 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it depends where you live.

I live in a downtown area of a big city and I choose to walk almost everywhere, and if I can't walk, then the subway works great. If you're in an area not served by public transport, a bicycle could work for you.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:07 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Thanks everyone. I will be getting a bike and I do have someone who works here that can give me a lift most days. My family/friends - some have volunteered to help me to my outpatient therepy and as soon as I can make an AA meeting, I'll raise my hand and ask for help getting to the meetings.

I deserve the situation I'm in and I appreciate you feedback/insight.

Kjell
Old 11-11-2009, 08:16 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Have you checked out the MARTA website? I just looked at the website. It doesn't look like a half bad system - it provides both subway and busses.

If you have used cars all your life maybe it is a bit of a change to start using mass transit, but it is really a lot simpler than you might think. I use mass transit to get to my inner city AA meeting, because it is in English.
I take a bus first, then a commuter train then a subway and the door to door trip is around 35 minutes.
What difference does it make? When we are in cars, we often travel long distances and never see it as a hardship.
I always remind myself, 35 minutes of drinking usually went by in the flash of an eye.
My sponsor and I are talking a lot these days about me just getting out of the house and getting out of my comfort zone. Making that little extra effort.
She's right: when I get out of the house and go out and do it, I feel so much better.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:07 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Originally Posted by littlefish View Post
Have you checked out the MARTA website? I just looked at the website. It doesn't look like a half bad system - it provides both subway and busses.

If you have used cars all your life maybe it is a bit of a change to start using mass transit, but it is really a lot simpler than you might think. I use mass transit to get to my inner city AA meeting, because it is in English.
I take a bus first, then a commuter train then a subway and the door to door trip is around 35 minutes.
What difference does it make? When we are in cars, we often travel long distances and never see it as a hardship.
I always remind myself, 35 minutes of drinking usually went by in the flash of an eye.
My sponsor and I are talking a lot these days about me just getting out of the house and getting out of my comfort zone. Making that little extra effort.
She's right: when I get out of the house and go out and do it, I feel so much better.
I have checked out Marta and I'm actually familiar with the system. Unfortuneatly, Marta doesn't run this far north of Atlanta (I'm actually in Buford, which is a suburb of Atlanta).

Thanks for checking it out and for the suggestions. I'm half Norwegian - my father, Kjell, was born in Kristiansand. I've been a few times and it's a beautiful country. Are you an American living in Sweden?