SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Waking the dead. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/188280-waking-dead.html)

minorlove 11-10-2009 11:26 AM

Waking the dead.

Hello to everyone on here!

It has been a great relief and surprise to see so many different people with so many of the same problems they are having or have under their belt as me. I have been struggling with alcohol for 13 yrs and now at 32 when the whole past 6 months I have launguished in drunken misery, I have decided to get support to stop. This is it for me. I have destroyed every friendship and deep relationship in my life, have injured myself physically seriously numerous times, have gotten a dui, have turned into a manic life waster all because of my drinking. Nobody likes me that I've "exposed" myself to....who am I? I'm tired of being tired of living. I don't know who I am and what I want! I do know alcohol is killing me LOUDLY now. How many more signs do I need?..none. So I come here with nothing, feeling so unworthy-a waste of space really. I want help and I want to help others by support. I am only on day 3 but it's been a long time coming.
I don't know where this will take me but hopefully it's a detour out of hell.

louis 11-10-2009 12:43 PM

Hi there....

Welcome to SR

Have you posteed in the newcomers forum?... you might get more replies than starting a thread here... also you could try posting in one of the daily support threads where you have started this thread... there are some real good ones about... great bunch of people... just trying to get through day to day living..
Everyone i have met on SR have been really supportive..

You say you dont know who you are or what you want!

None of us do when we start this journey into sobriety... myself i still didnt really believe i had a problem... but i did... still do...
I have learned to live with it though... it takes time and hard work... and alot of desperation to be honest... your post read as though you had some of this already so your on the journey mate..

As i have said the people who visit SR... some it is home... the support they get/i get is invaluable... read/post/listen/learn... but above all dont give up on this journey... when its hard... talk about it... we will be here with you... and you will always find someone who has gone through the same or a similar thing..

Your are no longer alone... and please try to believe me when i say you are NOT a waste of space... i know i am a stranger and dont know you... but i felt the same as you and it has taken me along time to get even a sense of self worth back... but i have... and you will too... just fight for it..

Take care and good luck on your journey

CrackQuack 11-10-2009 01:04 PM

Hi! Welcome to SR! Congrats on 3 days! One day at a time! I am CrackQuack, and as the name says, I am a crack addict. 9 months clean!
Are you going to a support group, doctor, or meetings? Outpatient therapy or anything? Have you considered it? It's not for everyone, but most people do benefit from it.
It's hard to admit that we're addicts. We feel like it's admitting defeat, but when we're ready to admit our problems, we've really WON that battle. Congrats on winning your first battle! :c011:
There will be more. Having physical, face to face, support of some kind will be a tremendous asset to you. SR is a wonderful place to come for the support, comfort, and information you need (including a place to vent) when you can't get the face to face support. :)
You are not a waste of space. You made some massive mistakes. You are NOT alone. ALL OF US here have. Each of us has made our massive ones as well as little ones. But we've all done it.
I really hope you find what you want. And I believe this is the right direction for you to get out of that hell.
(on a side note, I believe you did post in the newcomers forum?? I am confused by the previous post, a little bit. LOL).

Bamboozle 11-10-2009 01:13 PM

Hello, minorlove. Welcome to SR and congratulations on the sobriety. :wavey:

minorlove 11-10-2009 02:33 PM

Thanks for the encouraging words! I don't really know how to navigate this site very well yet! I don't even know how to get to the Newcomers forum...so yeah...lol.

louis 11-10-2009 02:42 PM

Minorlove:

Your doing fine... just take your time to look round and there are also the technical support threads to go to if you get stuck and moderators... i am not sure how to do links so hopefully someone will come along and b e able to help you with that...

CrackQuack:

When i replied to this post it was in the daily support section... it was then moved here :)

sailorjohn 11-10-2009 02:58 PM

Welcome!!!

I think you've come to the right place.

Keep coming back, you'll find a lot of support here.

Horselover 11-10-2009 03:08 PM

Welcome to SR and I know exactly what you mean. I have had it with alcohol too. Gave it up for good awhile back and SR has helped me so much. SR still helps me. You can do it. I look forward to hearing more from you. :)

Goat 11-10-2009 03:20 PM

Yeah! Waking The Dead! Hehe, I know it's not what you meant, but really really loud music is something that I love that I can enjoy without drinking....

Are you working on some hobbies to help lead you away from the sauce as well?

Welcome!

-Goat

Dee74 11-10-2009 03:26 PM

Hi minor love - there's lots of people here who've found that road out of hell :)
You'll find a lot of support, and hope, here :)

welcome to SR!
D

ElegantlyWasted 11-10-2009 03:31 PM

Welcome! Just into my fourth month this time, and know where you are right now. You can make this an amazing journey of your choosing!