SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Obstacles in the way (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/188116-obstacles-way.html)

firestorm090 11-08-2009 01:03 AM

Obstacles in the way

It's always something. He won't move, just lays there like he's king of the world and gets in the way of posting. Well, he moved so I can post now, but he's always watching, laying there watching my every move, like he's judging my actions and trying to figure out just what I'm up to. His name is Tigger, not my choice, and he's the new addition to the family. I wrote about him a couple weeks ago here, he took off, but came back after his first night on the town. He's a cat, about nine months old and I swear he just wants attention like I've never seen before, he gets on the keyboard and won't move, stubborn, I guess, just like me, so he feels right at home. Well, it's good to have a reason to come home, I have four pets, two dogs and two cats and I'm just amazed at how simple their lives are. We tend to complicate things alot and struggle with alcohol and other addictions as people, but I think we can learn alot by just watching our pets, because their demands are few and simple. I wish I was that way sometimes.

One day at a time.

baldjim 11-08-2009 01:16 AM

purrfect :scoregood

mxchaos 11-08-2009 01:20 AM

I have an Oreo that does the same thing....

thirtybubba 11-08-2009 01:28 AM

He wants to interact with you... you're interacting with the keyboard... he's trying to be like you FS... :)

Glad you found him again, I hadn't seen.

Take care,
TB

OZboy 11-08-2009 02:05 AM

..they know!!..don't no how..
mine..'misty'..can bring back a thrown tennis ball..

..grabs my face and kisses me.. "sensational" Ozy..

Bamboozle 11-08-2009 02:06 AM

Aww...I love kitten cats. :)

Sikkisirus 11-08-2009 03:28 AM

Cats rule - I understand a cats sense of humour :)

tallcactus 11-08-2009 08:17 AM

I like cats, :kitty: but love dogs, have 5 furry babies. :doggy:
When I get on the PC, the oldest and the one I adore the most, ALWAYS, gets up and comes and sits at my feet, staring up at me. Of course, I can't stand it afer a while and always pick her up, it is always about them, they always want 2 B the center of attention and I just love all of them. Almost broke a hip tripping over all there small toys last week.

a fallen man 11-08-2009 08:21 AM

here is what drives me crazy....we have two cats...a brother and sister...rocky and goldie. the boy rocky usually wants nothing to do with anyone.

but as soon as i get on the computer he jumps up and marks my face with his facial glands then proceeds to walk all over the keyboard and block my display.

it cracks me up because if i'm in the living room watching the tellie he doesn't bother me but let me get on the net and he's like a little kid needing attention.

we were cleaning the attic friday and the two cats had a field day crawling all over and inspecting everything in there. at first my wife was afraid for them but i just let them play. we were in and out all day and they were right with us.

i know there are cat haters out there but they just don't realize cats aren't dogs (we have one of those too). you just have to let them be them and watch how amusing they are.

LovesToTravel 11-08-2009 10:56 AM

I have a great cartoon for this but I don't know how to post it and can't find in the help section.

firestorm090 11-08-2009 11:09 AM

Hi Ltt,

I'd help, but don't know how to post it either, lol. I took three computer classes, but don't think I learned a thing, lol.

You folks warm my heart, cats and dogs are just part of the family, as are all of you. All of us struggle in our own way to find the illusive peace and serentiy we seek, and threads like this emphasize the lighter side of addiction, the side where life is just life.

LovesToTravel 11-08-2009 11:33 AM

Not sure if this will work or only put in a link.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...99/catwork.jpg

Impurrfect 11-08-2009 11:36 AM

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/i...08/motsnSR.jpg

This is my cat Mots (mouth-of-the-south because he's LOUD) keeping me company, while I'm on SR:) Usually, he's between me and the keyboard, but this particular time, he actually laid to the side and I didn't have to type over him.

I have 3 cats and they are my furbabies..all different personalities, and they all bring me lots of joy. We also have a chihuahua who is intimidated by the cats, but is a great watch dog - she barks at strange noises...as she hides behind a piece of furniture:)

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

firestorm090 11-08-2009 11:37 AM

roflmao, that's really the truth of it, lol.

Thanks for the chuckle!

Impurrfect 11-08-2009 11:37 AM

((Lovestotravel)) - I LOVE it!!! - so true!

firestorm090 11-08-2009 11:39 AM

Thanks Amy, I was too embarrased to admit I've actually had to type over Tigger as well, when I moved him, he'd just get up and come right back in front of the keyboard, lol. What an attention hog, lol.

a fallen man 11-08-2009 12:10 PM

that cartoon is hilarious...i guess our cats aren't unique after all....lol. i wonder what makes them do this when they leave me alone during other activities but can't stand me to get on the computer.