Notices

which way to go

Old 11-07-2009, 10:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

which way to go

Hi everyone just wanted to get some outside opinions im 19 an have been addicted to opiates for the past two years. I started off slow using OC about once a week then from there it went to every day then i got to the point i was using atleast 240mg a day somtimes alot more. After a while of this I discovered Heroin and how much cheaper and better the high was. about this time my girlfriend starded using with me we went from bad to worse really quick. bymyself alone i was usign atleast a half gram a day. our addiction has torn us and our familys apart i dont know who i am anymore my girlfriend has since moved to live with her mom an has been clean but i have kept getting worse. when i say i dont know who i am anymore i mean i threw away my chance of playing college baseball and i dont even remember what i use to do for fun. all of my real friends are out of my life now because of the drugs and my family is quickly falling away. I sit at home alone High all day i know the only things that can happen to me if i stay this way is death or jail ive almost lost my life twice from an overdose. I dont want to live like this anymore i want to be the old me and get my life on track. so to get to the point does anybody know of any good ways to recive help or know of any cheap rehabs i dont have insurance or much money but i need help bad i just dont know what to do but im tired of living this way
Old 11-07-2009, 10:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome 91607Lost

I have no experience with opiates, but I know you'll find a lot of support and help here

Please also come and check out the substance abuse forum:

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 11-07-2009, 11:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome!!!
Old 11-07-2009, 11:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
mergirl

Welcome, I hope you find SR as much of a source of strength and wisdom as I have.

Narcotics anonymous is free, give them a try. If you don't have an NA meeting available, try AA, there are lots of recovery addicts there as well.