Notices

6 in the morn, no sleep yet

Old 11-06-2009, 05:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

6 in the morn, no sleep yet

ok so i wanted to get up today and go to aa, but after laying in bed for hours, getting up, checking stuff online, laying down again, cant sleep, dont think its gonna happen.

this sucks. thoughts raced through my head, i poured out all my stuff, but i know where my roomates is. could go to sleep right now with it.

but im not going to. this is what ive given in to. if i never sleep again, it will be ok. ill go crazy and jump off a building in like a week, but hey i quit drinking, ha! in your face, several generations of hopeless alcoholics!

i just got up cause its early morn, so maybe some cereal might be tasty. right behind the cereal is a vodka bottle. f u vodka. a glass of milk instead.

not tired yet. guess ill play some ps3. dont have to work till 5 tomorrow. maybe ill finally sleep at like 4:30. oh quit complaining its not that bad. it really isnt. - new sober me - re-myxomatosis
Old 11-06-2009, 05:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well I feel ya on the no sleep thing. Didn't get to sleep until late the night before, and up early. Last night, ready to fall asleep around 12ish.....get up to go to the bathroom and the kitchen is FLOODED!!! So there I am mopping that up til 12:30, no sleep 'til 2AM. Then up at 5:45, Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Here's to us getting a sound sleep tonight!!!

Ok, and minus the lounge chair and sunshine.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You will eventually sleep. What day are you on without drinking? Have you any help with detoxing? Have you talked to a doctor?
Old 11-06-2009, 05:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I second Horselover that sleep will come eventually. I used alcohol as a remedy for insomnia, no doubt about it. And I do remember having a very tough time initially because I just lay there in bed night after night. But, obviously, that ended at some point. I cannot say when or how, just that it ended and I began to sleep "normally". I mean, it's still tough to fall asleep some nights, just the way my brain is wired, I guess. But I can live with it. You can, too.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

would you have walked to the liquor store to buy booze if you hadnt had any sleep? i would have.i decided to put as much energy into getting sober as i did getting drunk,which was a lot.but,the more you put in,the more you get out.go to the meeting.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Rockstar

Sleep can be tough but it WILL happen

Read a book on a subject that bores you. Works for me everytime.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thanks for advice, im on day 5 now, and i was sleeping, up untill tonight, or last night?
this is hard
Old 11-06-2009, 06:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Please see if this link hlps....

Insomnia? 42 Simple Tips to Help You Get to Sleep - Insomnia treatment, cures

Glad you had cereal without vodka...
I did too
Old 11-06-2009, 06:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Sleep will come, I will pass on what my couselor in detox told me and it worked for me and basically what Charmie said.

Devote as much time to recovery as you did to drinking!

Well I did not draw a sober breath the last 5 years I drank so I went to at least a meeting a day, I called others in recovery, and I read a lot of recovery books!

The last 5 years I drank I did 3 things:

I worked.
I was either drinking or buying booze.
I slept.

What did I do the first 6 months?

I worked.
I was either at a meeting, reading recovery literature or talking to some one else in recovery.
I slept.