Notices

Duck method

Old 11-04-2009, 01:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Free Indeed

Duck method

The world that we live in is so full of wonder and color, yet many of us just see black and white. I work for a Gastroenterology clinic. Here we specialize in stomach problems. When a patient needs to come in for a colonoscopy they have a day of preparation! They have to drink this wonderful stuff, or take some wonderful pills that make them go… and I don’t mean for a walk. Well, for those of you who have had one you know what I am talking about and for those of you who have not had one yet, let me just tell you the toilet becomes your best friend for a day. What this does is clean out all the “poop” you have, all the junk in the trunk so to speak so you can be squeaky clean for the doctor.

It seems like the same thing where are hearts are concerned. We get all this junk in there based on events that have happened to us or things that people have said, or say. It is amazing how toxic other people can be, even if it is not with intention. Take Michael Jackson for example since we all know who that is. Some people loved him, others hated him, either way everyone had an opinion. This, I think was a part of what destroyed him. We need to guard our heart and our mind. Do the duck method, when someone says something hurtful, weather they mean it or not, let it roll down your back and shake it off! Don’t let the opinions of others sway who you really are! You are important, you are special, you are loved, and if you can’t think of anyone who loves you, just remember God does! He does not judge you or condemn you, and he always thinks the best of you!

The moral of this story is… opinions are like butt holes, or okole’s as we would say here in Hawaii, everybody has one and the only thing it is good for is to push out the junk stuff! So remember, take what people say with a grain of salt and do the duck method!
Old 11-04-2009, 01:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Kolina, fantastic post!!!
Old 11-04-2009, 01:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Very nice.