Notices

Hiya everyone

Old 11-02-2009, 10:14 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you all.
Ok today is my stopping date.

tazman - yeah i was seeing my counsellor when i went to AA so she know how it went etc. I still see her once a week. She's really proud of me that i managed to stop drinking everyday. I have to take this next step now.

Pixie
Old 11-02-2009, 10:15 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Just another day...

Hey Pixie! Welcome!

I too started at 17. I cut it back from about 21 till after my son was born, around 26. Then fell right back in bad habits. I am also 37 and have tried the once a week thing...I may be able to hold out for once a week but once I have that first drink, Im done. U might as well put an IV in me and fill it up with alcohol cuz Im non stop until I pass out or its all gone. Today is day 8 and I feel pretty good. A bit tired..still cant sleep through the entire night..I toss and turn all night but at least I get up with no hang over. Im actually getting ready to drop some movies off at the video store and go for a walk at the park. Its a bit chilly but a nice brisk walk is what I need to wake up.

I look forward to reading more of ur posts!
Old 11-02-2009, 10:37 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Hi Pixie and welcome to SR. I sure hope you will give AA another chance, one bad apple doesn't spoil the whole bunch. I use AA for my recovery and I don't think I would have been able to stay sober without it. I love AA. Good luck with your recovery and again welcome.