Notices

The grill.

Old 10-31-2009, 02:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The grill.

Sometimes, especially after a drunken night on the town, and being full of remorse, guilt, shame, and feeling powerless over changing my life, it helps to just put all those thoughts away and do something positive. So, I've pulled out the new grill I bought a few weeks ago, cleaned off the gunk from my last attempt at cooking on it, (along with all the black junk that reminds me of the steaks I turned into dog treats, lol) and have a few pieces of dead chicken to fire up in a little while. I've never cooked a live chicken, lol, but there may be a first, just kidding, lol.

At least when I'm doing something positive, I'm not running out to the bar to drink my worries away. Hope I don't eat too much. maybe I'll save a little for you, if I don't burn it, lol.
Old 10-31-2009, 03:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

lol OK now I'm hungry

D
Old 10-31-2009, 03:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
lol OK now I'm hungry

D
Me too and I had a large dinner of Homemade beef and bacon burgers with homemade oven chips. All done the Slimming World way (wife is on a diet).
Old 10-31-2009, 09:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Heathen

Oz I have no idea where you pulled out AA stuff from a grillin story..

Fire, did you burn it?
Old 11-01-2009, 12:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi all, well my grilling expertise is still wanting, I burned a couple of pieces beyond recognition, they looked like lava rocks when I pulled them off the fire. I also lost most of the hair on my right arm, it curled up into little globs of straw on my arm, which I brushed away. I still have my moustache, and part of my eyebrows, lol. After we scraped off the burnt part of the other pieces, I can proudly say they were juicy and tasted good, so it wasn't a total loss, lol.

I went to an AA meeting/Halloween dance tonight and actually had fun dancing without a drink in me. I didn't know I could even do that. I thought a drink made me more like John Travolta in Sat. Nite Fever, but when drinking I probably looked more like one of the zombies in Night of the Living Dead, lol. It was fun, but I ate too much, again. Can't I do anything in moderation? Apparently not, so back to the diet tomorrow.

Thanks for all your replies and support.

Sandy, thanks for the input, I always appreciate your kind suggestions and guidance.

Can hardly believe I made it through Halloween without a drink, maybe this does work if you just don't pick up. That's pretty simple, but sure not easy.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Halloween turned out to be a good night then? Sober memories to last you... sober dance, grill fiascos, remember them now.

Although if you're missing all kinds of hair... Guess the memories'll 'stick' for a while.

Sorry...

Take care
-TB, grinning & proud
Old 11-01-2009, 12:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

dude i am a grilling master. go to a real meat market where you can get a quality cut, mix montreal steak seasoning with 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar to 1/4 cup water, marinate in that for 24 hours. if you choke on the steak, you will die happy. this with mashed potatoes, oh god. btw just 5 minutes on each side, so it wont burn. pink in middle of a steak is ok.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Ok my, I'm writing this down and will post when I do it, so thanks for the input.

What kind of steak do you recommend?
Old 11-01-2009, 01:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

get yourself a good new york strip, or t bone, and get them from a meat store, they will usually have better cuts than your average supermarket. they are also a fraction of the price of what youll pay a steak restaurant. but if you wanna practice just get a supermarket one, still pretty good.

remember if pink in the steak freaks you out, dont worry, you need to cook hamburger all the way through because its ground, a steak you dont because the inside is not exposed to outside bacteria.

the steak place or supermarket will have montreal steak marinade mix for sale, you can grab that and follow the directions on that, will have the same recipe. preheat your gill, clean it well and if you want brush the grill with cooking oil to prevent stick. remember the flavor is in the marinade, let it bathe for 24 hours, tender and so much flavor!
(3 + years restaurant experience)
Old 11-01-2009, 01:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks my,

T-bone sounds great, and I'll take your advice, I burnt the last ones so bad I gave them to the dogs and ordered a pizza, lol. True story. I have a new gas grill, that I caught on sale a few weeks ago, so I'm trying to get the hang of it, will let ya know how the steaks turn out. Thanks again. Dallas
Old 11-01-2009, 01:56 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

cool def let me know, just watch them, get em off the grill before they burn.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:53 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Rockstar

Im hungry now