SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   November 2009 Group (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/187500-november-2009-group.html)

Wildman74 10-31-2009 05:14 AM

November 2009 Group

I figured that I would go ahead and get us a group started. So starting tomorow the clock starts!

mxchaos 10-31-2009 05:17 AM

yeah
good luck

smacked 10-31-2009 07:10 AM

Not too late to join October :)

traderjane 10-31-2009 08:42 AM

My new sobriety date is October 29. Don't want another day of poison in me!!!

watsonc 10-31-2009 01:21 PM

Day 15 today; hoping to continue this through November. See you tomorrow!

Dee74 10-31-2009 02:52 PM

Well...it's November here :)
Are you Australian Wildman74? LOL

Thanks for starting the new month - we usually wait until the month starts tho - for many years my sobriety date was always 'tomorrow' too :e070:

like others have said, whats wrong with trying an Oct 31 date? :)

D

firestorm090 10-31-2009 02:58 PM

Halloween sounds better to me, November 1st sounds boring, think I'll start today, see ya in Novemeber.

waterfountain 10-31-2009 03:48 PM

I'm going to join this group, though my current DOS is 10-23-09. I go into inpatient treatment on Tuesday, Nov. 3rd, so I won't be around SR for a little while, but at least I know I'll be sober the whole time *halfhearted smile*
And when I get out, whether it's 10 days or the full 21, it'll be November when I get out, so this is the group I will be returning to.

Horselover 11-02-2009 10:29 AM

Bumping this for Pixie37 and who ever else is starting today or started yesterday. :)

Pixie37 11-02-2009 10:59 AM

Aww thanks horselover :) i got it.
It is 2nd november here 7pm. My stopping day.
What happens here then?

Pixie

Horselover 11-02-2009 11:11 AM

Anyone that has or is quitting this month will join this group and you guys have your own little circle of comrades. I liked it when I quit because I made friends with people that I still can turn to if I need some individual attention and can help them in return also.

SR is great and this is just another piece of the SR cake. :)

Pixie37 11-02-2009 11:28 AM

Yeah that sounds really helpful horselover :)
i've had the thought a few times today of drinking but fought it. Feel too ill today after the weekend and it justs hurts my stomach now to drink.
Is it ok to say this? Not sure.

Pixie

Horselover 11-02-2009 11:30 AM

Of course its okay Pixie. You are doing just fine. I'm glad you joined SR.

thirtybubba 11-02-2009 11:35 AM

Say what you want... we're all alcoholics/addicts here anyways :) .

I technically stopped in October, but I couldn't stay quit through most of October, so I think I'll come here and join y'all instead. Start from the beginning...

Welcome Pixie, and yeah, you can say that :) . We've all been there...

I never fear relapse in the first couple days of quitting, not if I can make it a day. That's about the only time I know for sure I won't drink, 'cause I still remember the pain of quitting, and it doesn't make sense to go back to it. Of course, a couple more days, and, well, look at me. And the mess I'm in. I have a short memory. I don't recommend short memories.

Take care,
-TB

Pixie37 11-02-2009 12:34 PM

Thank you both :)
yeah i never want to go back to the way i was drinking everday. It took me months to finally stop that and get it to fridays only. I can't believe i went on my 1st binge at weekend. I had bad craving friday afternoon so i started. Then went back to shop 3 for £10. It was halloween. I love the taste of it. I love how the 1st ones make me feel but then i can't stop until it's all gone or i'm sick and pass out. I was only going to have one bottle and a nice meal. From now on i can never have alcohol in my house. I have to get back to buying cartons of fruit juice and hard sweets again.

Pixie

watsonc 11-02-2009 06:20 PM

Day 17 put to bed. Think this Monday evening was so much easier than last week's Monday - the post-workday urge for alcohol is *huge*. If I can just stay away from the store or anywhere where wine may be lurking . .
Happy November to all.

thirtybubba 11-02-2009 07:35 PM

Juice and hard sweets... mmmm.

I hate flus y'all. Still sober. Thought I might post that now, JIC.

Although I'll allow I'm more determined to get through this sober than I was an hour ago.

-TB

waterfountain 11-02-2009 08:34 PM

Going into inpatient treatment tomorrow at 1pm cst. So, I won't be back for a long while. Nonetheless, I will be back, all that much sober :)

I'm not gonna lie; I'm nervous and scared. But I know I need to do this! I wish I could be online here to support you other November-starters. Well, I've got a little over 12 hours to add support - I'll do the best I can!

I have no idea what to expect in inpatient.... I know I get to bring my own pillow though! Yay! O.o However, I do know that there is, of course, a no-laptop policy...... I hope I can find SR-type folks where I'm winding up. The support here is noteworthy, for sure.

Take care other November-ites :)
I'll try to stop in before I go off to treatment. Best wishes!

mirage 11-03-2009 07:29 AM

We'll be thinkin of you waterfountain..and we'll be here when you get back! Take good care of yourself!!:ghug3

Dee74 11-06-2009 08:35 PM

bump
D

ViciousCycle 11-06-2009 08:54 PM

Well since I am starting over with another Day One, I figured I try and get this one going again.......Nov.6 will be my new official start date.

Hope all wanting to quit or have quit in November will come on in.

thirtybubba 11-07-2009 03:40 AM

Well, I did it! 2 weeks! Second time! Well, third altogether, but the first time is a faded memory at this point. 2 weeks! I'm so happy, sorry y'all.

You can do this, VC.

Take care, don't drink,
TB, not drinking.

Threshold 11-07-2009 04:33 AM

Well, I've wanted a "group" to be part of to help me along, so I wont worry over exact dates, My birthday is this month, and this is when life in all its wisdom has chosen to use health issues to sit me flat on my ass for several weeks...a good time to focus on sobriety!

So, call me a November.

multiple addictions, clean from several of them...it's actually nearly impossible for me to tell if I am clean from all...that nature of my beasts...eating disorders for example...

but drink and drugs...clean
sex...clean

so glad to have this community...

ipokemyself 11-07-2009 04:41 AM

im new to the site and i love it... very helpful stuff :)

ViciousCycle 11-07-2009 06:22 AM

Welcome Threshold and Poke. Post often, glad you are here.

Hi TB! Congrats on 2 weeks! I am on Day Two!!!!!!!!!! No detoxing this time......a little hot and cold is all......I am thankful.

Thanks to Dee for pulling the Class of Nov. out to the front for us to get going again!!! :)

mirage 11-07-2009 04:39 PM

For a minute there I thought I was the only Novemberite...it was so quiet! Glad to see peeps coming in...thanks to those who bumped and reminded! I'm on day 6 and I'd like to post somethin every day. I think it helps me...sometimes I just don't have words.

tjp613 11-07-2009 05:30 PM

Hi everyone -
I came to SR because I have a son who is addicted to drugs.

I drink.

I am not an "alcoholic" -- I have maybe 10 glasses of wine per week, tops. But I've just decided I don't like it so much anymore and I want to quit drinking. I have my doubts but I really want to try. I went out with girlfriends last night and told myself I'd stop at 2 glasses....but it ended up I had 4. THEN I acted like an idiot by driving home under the influence. It's time to put it down. It's just not worth it.

Ok then. Today is Day 1. This is a gift I'm giving to myself.:day6

mirage 11-07-2009 05:55 PM

Nice to meet you, tjp! Glad you've joined us! Congrats on your decision...I know it's not an easy one to make. :)

ViciousCycle 11-07-2009 06:26 PM

Wtg on day 6 Mirage! Posting something everyday is a really good thing. I still hang out with my original family, class of January. They are the best.

Hi Tjp613........glad you are here and what a great gift to give yourself.

So if you guys get talking to anymore new peeps around the site, invite them on in!!

And our special guest TB, the gal with 2 weeks..............woo hoo!

Stay strong, and come here and post if you have a weak moment, we will talk ya down!

thirtybubba 11-07-2009 06:31 PM

Welcome Threshold & Poke :wavey:

Welcome to this side of SR, TJP :hug: Congratulations on day 1... that's the hardest... except for day 0, the day you decide to do it...

((VC))

Mirage, no, I knew I was a Novemberite, hadn't forgotten you all, I was just really stressed and discovered the chat room... that was all she wrote...

Well, I got 15 days now, which puts me in October, I know, but I sobered up so close to the end of the month, I didn't really get to know the group, so I chose to come in here instead.

And I'm over the flu... my first "test" of sobriety past the cravings... I passed with, um, well, I passed. My first flu of sobriety. I want a merit badge...

Had a sleepy day, had to wake up mighty early in the morning to get to my court class, but I got another one checked off. About ten more to go, and I can clear that off my outstanding things to do list.

On the other hand, this flu put me so far behind the eightball with school, I don't have a clue how I'm going to catch up. Early to bed tonight and do my best tomorrow, I guess. At least I got a doctor's not.

Take care y'all,
TB, happy but not very optimistic about school to be honest--just choosing to put it off till tomorrow (how alcoholic behavior is that now)