Notices

November 2009 Group

Old 11-15-2009, 09:52 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

How are ya today Mirage? I hope you have a strong day........

Eureka.......I discovered the coconut malibu rum a couple months ago.......damn that stuff is good and way too easy to drink.........I hate to say, but I am with Dee.......no point in keeping track if the little slips are pushed aside........but its ok to be on day one again......we've all been there......I know I have many times. Was there something that triggered you to drink this time? Might be worth thinking over.......

Tytan, I am 10 days and still eating like a pig......my theory, for what its worth, is that our bodies are starved for all the carbs/empty calories we were pounding with the alcohol use.......that's cut off so our bodies are looking for it in food........I hope mine goes away soon, I don't want to spend ALL day at the gym trying to combat the calories.

WTG on day 21 Threshold!! Be kind to yourself and give yourself lots of time to heal. I think we can all say it takes a long time considering all the abuse we have put ourselves thru. Be proud on your time.

Well it's football time..........you guys have a great day.........talk at ya later.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:27 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

What a really lovely post, threshold! It really inspired me, thanks. I'm so happy for you...sounds like you're doing well. Great job!

Tytan...yes, I think feeling like ass is part of the deal. I'm not overly hungry but I'm eatin sweets up the wazoo. Good job on day 5! I know you can make this work..you sound so driven. Keep up the good work!

eureka...nothin wrong with day 1. It happens...keep quittin, you'll get there.

VC! I'm feeling better, thanks. Ya know how they say marriage is hard work? Well it turns out, so is sobriety. I haven't been treating it that way. I got complacent and it threw me. I feel like I'm in the early stage of the whole acceptance thing...but I wouldn't be here if I didn't think it was an issue, so I need to run with that. Not drinking every other day made me feel like it wasn't a problem anymore. I know, I know.

Go Lions! I'm sure we'll win more than ONE game this year. (??) Enjoy Sunday all...
Old 11-15-2009, 10:46 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Back to day one myself. Figure the 15th is a good precedent. Spent 1/2 the month stumbling and now will use the second 1/2 of the month really doing some work on this recovery of mine.

Sounds good, ay?

For today, I will not drink. Going to an AA meeting at 2:00. Hope to at least get some resolve out of it. We shall see.

Here's to November sobriety!!!! (and all other months too)..

We can do it!
Old 11-15-2009, 12:00 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Day 1 again.

I need to dedicate everything I have to my sobriety. I forget that half assing doesn't work in recovery.

How is everyone in the group of November doing? Details. And if you have relapsed, please don't hold back.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:41 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

I'm back to day 2 after having 5 months... hopefully Friday the 13th will be the last day I ever touch booze. I let the voice in that said I could just have a few. well guess what. I can't and i don't remember leaving a wedding so I have that shame and sick feeling in my stomach.. and hate for myself right now.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:51 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

We are all familiar with the self-loathing that accompanies relapsing. I'm sorry that you lost those five months, but I'm glad that you acknowledged your relapse and plan to continue on with recovery. Often when I relapse I figure that I might as well continue to use since I already screwed up and a one time slip turns into months and months of being high.

It will be okay. This too shall pass. And thank you so much for sharing.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:35 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by eureka View Post
Day 1 again.

I need to dedicate everything I have to my sobriety. I forget that half assing doesn't work in recovery.

How is everyone in the group of November doing? Details. And if you have relapsed, please don't hold back.
I'm on day one again also, Eureka. Guess we are gonna have to encourage each other, being we are in the same boat!:ghug3
Old 11-15-2009, 02:25 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Dang...is there something in the water? Day 1 for me too, folks. This time I didn't go in with reckless abandon, but tried to really notice how I was feeling. I've only decided I should quit a month ago, so I think I'm still trying to deal with it all. No excuse, just sayin.

Welcome Rohnert! Sorry to hear about the wedding. Don't be a hater...we're all human..five months is awesome..you'll be back there before you know it!

Welcome gingerblue! We all have a day 1...some of us have more than others. Either way...don't give up!

to all!
Old 11-15-2009, 03:51 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Sheesh...what is it about weddings? That was my excuse for my last binge.

Day one is infinitely better than day none.

Let's all give ourselves one more thing to celebrate this year...getting clean, staying clean.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:11 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry to hear tales of woe
I'm really glad noones giving up though.

This isn't easy - but it's worth every bit of the effort

D
Old 11-15-2009, 04:11 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

The sober days still outweigh the slip..........no worries gang. Just keep on trying, someday it will stick. Good thing Adolf isn't here anymore.........can't imagine the scolding you guys would get! Did I just say that out loud!?? LOL

I am almost planning a beer day next Sunday........long story......haven't decided for sure..........

Hang tight guys........and keep on posting. We at least have each other.:ghug3
Old 11-15-2009, 06:11 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mirage View Post
Dang...is there something in the water? Day 1 for me too, folks. This time I didn't go in with reckless abandon, but tried to really notice how I was feeling. I've only decided I should quit a month ago, so I think I'm still trying to deal with it all. No excuse, just sayin.

Welcome Rohnert! Sorry to hear about the wedding. Don't be a hater...we're all human..five months is awesome..you'll be back there before you know it!

Welcome gingerblue! We all have a day 1...some of us have more than others. Either way...don't give up!

to all!

We can and will do it, Mirage! Yeah, there must be something in the water, and it's 80 proof!

Tomorrow we will be on day 2! Can't wait!
Old 11-15-2009, 07:24 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Look at all this excitement! Now sobriety feels more like a party than a dauntingly impossible task.

Yaay for day oners. And tomorrow day two is going to be simply amazing. I can feel it.

And what is a beer day?
Old 11-15-2009, 08:33 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ViciousCycle View Post
I am almost planning a beer day next Sunday........long story......haven't decided for sure..
Anytime I have one beer, it turns into a beer day... Then a beer week.... Then a beer month.

Couldn't you plan something else...say a weirdo juice day or something?
Old 11-16-2009, 08:13 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Mornin all...Happy Monday! (Is that an oxymoron?) Hope you're all well today...have a good one!
Old 11-16-2009, 08:31 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

It's day 3 again for me and I'm in the fear state. I am so scared of failing again but I am goig to keep checking in posting and reading a lot! have a great day everyone.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:34 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

My quit date is set for 23 November 09.

Can I join ? My quit date is set for 23 November. I quit smoking 8 years ago and I had set a quit date and never looked back. I hope this works with drinking. I am seeing a counslor and hope he can help me thru this. My name is Joe.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:47 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Welcome Joe! Of course you can..the quitting date thing never worked for me, but I'm glad to hear it has for you. (Smoking needs to be next on my list!) Glad you're here and looking forward to hearing how things are goin.

Deep breath, Rohnert! Don't be scared..it's all good. Take it one hour at a time if you need to.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:47 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Day 1. Still feeling anxiety and depression from the Sat. night bender. Blacked out a portion of the night. Was told be others that I looked drunk, but in control..whatever!

Ready to stop bingeing!! No parties/going out nights on calendar for several weeks so I should be good until then. If something pops up, I am glad to have this group to turn to for the support I am too scared to get from my circle at this time.

Thanks for starting this group!!
Old 11-16-2009, 10:32 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Day 2 for me! Hope everyone has a good, sober day!