SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   November 2009 Group (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/187500-november-2009-group.html)

sunshine2481 11-09-2009 12:13 PM

Not doing so well...

Day 3 for me. I have been taking vicodin for years (at least 2) and smoking marijuana. I was also drinking for a while, but was able to quit that. I've been clean since Friday at 7:00 p.m. I feel horrible and wonder how long this will last. I'm pretty much all alone in this; there are only 2 people who are aware of what is / was going on; unfortunately they are unable to give me the support I need when I need it. No one in my family knew what I was doing; no one in my family knows what is going on now. My husband thinks I have the flu. I am still trying to go to work each day and I am accomplishing nothing. I spend most of the time in the bathroom. I am bi-polar and take 3 different meds for that; I also suffer from severe anxiety disorder. This obviously does not help with the detox from the pain pills and marijuana. I hope to find some kind of support here. :a108:

thirtybubba 11-10-2009 02:35 AM

Welcome, Sunshine. I don't know much about long term Vicodin use. Actually I don't know anything, but welcome anyways. :)

Might also wanna check out the Substance Abuse forum, more people in there would know the answer to those questions. Keep posting in this thread, too, though!

Day... wherever I am 16? 17?

Had the worst run in with the roommates yet a few hours ago, and found out the RA don't like me either... great fun. It's all my fault, and I got to listen to almost an hour of being insulted without recourse. I feel horrible. Luckily, it ended after the whiskey store closed...

Tried to get help this morning. Ended up getting dropped from the grad school thing, they say I can't be there if I have issues. I get help on Friday, I suppose. Lost all reason to go to school... but the economy is still uncertain, around here high unemployment.

On a positive note, I think I can work out the missed schoolwork thing... thanks to the holiday, which basically gives me a week.

Mixed day, didn't drink... didn't even go to the 7-11 and get some wine, which occured to me. Don't want them to have any leverage on me... Strange reason not to drink, but I'll take it tonight. Tired and frustrated, and furious and humiliated.

Take care y'all
TB

dojoro 11-10-2009 04:28 AM

I'd like to join this group. My last drink was 10/28 but I am a little worried since I have been on the "marijauna matinence" program as it was referred to the other night at a meeting. I am just a dabbler usually would pass because I was drinking and far more interested in my wine. My husband is more of the fan, but regardless it is here. I have done it maybe 10 of my 15 days sober. So do I have to start over? :c021: Since I being honest. I have also been taking xanax at night to help me sleep. I am so wired especially after meetings and especially since I have a new found love of coffee. Those things knock me out. I don't take them everynight and I am down to taking just one. I do feel less rejuvienated in the morning when I take one the night before as opposed to falling asleep naturally so I want to stop. Read the chapter in Living sober about "mind-altering" drugs and recovery. I have always said I was an addict. I thought I was a strong one never getting addicted to any hardcore drugs...although I LOVED everyone I have ever done....pot was never on that radar, of course alcohol wasn't either and xanax well my dr gave them to me...I must need them. So here I am to join this group. I hope this means I am still on Day 14 and not day 1. Is that what is meant by an "honest 90"? Ughhh.

Feeling good. A little sluggish from the xanax...I think. Going to my sons school and then a meeting, might do a back to back since they will be going on anyway. Really looking forward to seeing my friends:) I don't know how long it will be until what I just wrote to you comes out of my mouth. There seems to be a significant delay. It feels good to get it out but sometimes I feel on here I am just testing the waters, not really being honest...no one to look me in the eyes. In the meantime my mind will fight with me all day. I have learned it helps to say things outloud in front of someone...maybe today after I admit for the first time "I am powerless over alcohol" and believe it I will come completely clean...I hope to find the strength. Thank you Novemeber group!

Jo

ViciousCycle 11-10-2009 07:32 AM

Nice to have you here, Jo. You will fit it just nicely. Funny about the xanax thing......I cannot get a doc to give me any.......and I had a script, no refills 3 years ago and I still have half a pill........they just don't give it out here.......it used to really help me when I was kinda having panic attacks (after drinking normally.....guilt?)........I do know it is very addictive so be careful, hear it's hard to wean off of.

TB, I hope things turn for you.......you are certainly in a rough patch.....I am ready to come out there and kick the crap out of your roomies! :)

Believe, how is your daughter??

Good morning to everyone else, hope you have a strong day!!!!! Hugs.

sunshine2481 11-10-2009 08:05 AM

I take Xanax at night (prescribed) for my SAD; I have no problem getting it. I have been addicted to it in the past and refuse to be addicted to it again. I am supposed to be taking 1mg. at night, and only take .5 mg. I don't understand how I can regulate myself on that, but not on pain pills. Day 4 is here though, and I am feeling a little better. I have a supply of tylenol and Immodium and some heat wraps for my aching back...and we'll see how this goes.

Snowbunnie 11-10-2009 08:19 AM

Hi everyone,

Back again for another Day One. Headache, ashamed, confused, scared. A drinking friend from high school died this weekend, he was 40. I am seeing a counselor next week. May I join the November bus?

SB

ViciousCycle 11-10-2009 09:05 AM

Hi Snowbunnie......the November bus is all yours, where would you like to sit?

:bus

Snowbunnie 11-10-2009 09:26 AM

Near the front. I would probably just get in trouble in the back.

ViciousCycle 11-10-2009 11:57 AM

LOL........I sit in the back so I guess you are right.

:buttkick:

mirage 11-10-2009 12:35 PM

Welcome Jo, sunshine and snowbunnie! So sorry to hear about your friend, SB. It's horrible news.

VC..if you need additional muscle kickin butt, let me know.

I'll sit in the middle. I must have commitment issues.

mini 11-11-2009 08:51 AM

Day one for me. Woke up this morning, and decided something has to change. Fought my kids last night, they are tired of me drinking and they are acting out. Husband hasn't called me yet today, sitting here wondering if I said something to make him mad, but don't remember much of our conversation from last nite. I want to start living again.

ViciousCycle 11-11-2009 09:36 AM

You've come to the right place.......I hate when I cannot remember the conversation.....I stress until I find out......what a horrible feeling! I am only on day 6 but things are getting much better. Hang out at this website, read and post often. Glad you are here....!!:welcome

gingerblue 11-11-2009 10:42 AM

November 10th is my starting day. It would have been November 5th I believe..but I screwed it up the other night.

Here's to the November group! :a122: Happy to be amongst you and hopefully we can spur each other on. I feel so much better when I wake up in the morning, having not drank the night before. Yes, all the same crap is still there, and YES I know it is going to be a daily, hourly fight--but dammit, I am worth a good life, one that does not include the abuse of booze or anything else.

We ALL are! Yay to everyone, no matter where you are in your recovery. And thanks for being here...:You_Rock_

gingerblue 11-11-2009 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by mini (Post 2428969)
Day one for me. Woke up this morning, and decided something has to change. Fought my kids last night, they are tired of me drinking and they are acting out. Husband hasn't called me yet today, sitting here wondering if I said something to make him mad, but don't remember much of our conversation from last nite. I want to start living again.

I hear ya! I'm on day 2, looking to live again myself. Hope to continue to see you on here!

Snowbunnie 11-11-2009 10:45 AM

Mini

I was in the same place yesterday, I share in the shame and sorrow of alcoholism. So far, not there today, which means I won't wake up that way tomorrow!

Here is something tremendously inspiring for me - I almost posted on the newbie bus that started last year (2008). They are still here posting everyday. Maybe that will be us next year.

SB

AfterForever 11-11-2009 10:56 AM

Not remembering what you may have did or said the day before is a very scary reality...

mirage 11-11-2009 11:26 AM

Welcome mini, AfterForever and gingerblue! Hope everyone is doing well today...they say every day gets a little easier if you stay focused. Let's hope so! I know we can do it if we really want to. Really wanting to is what I struggle with the most, but day 10 feels good today, so that's what I'm goin with. :)

ViciousCycle 11-11-2009 02:16 PM

Nice job everyone....seems we are pretty close together as far as quitting......day 6 here.......
I just got back from the grocery store.......the bill seemed so low without all the beer and wine! They had liters of soda on sale for $1 so I ended up getting a bunch of those and some different juices......even bought some fruit!!! :scared: wonder who is gonna eat THAT?! lol

Decided to go buy some new jeans today........what IS is about those dressing room mirrors that make a person look so.....so......so.......f*&^*( up???????? Came home feeling way fat........didn't stop me from buying some cheese puffs at the g-store tho. LOL :) Screw the mirrors.......

Dee74 11-11-2009 03:29 PM

welcome mini :)

D

mirage 11-11-2009 06:08 PM

Haha VC...dressing rooms are the worst. You're right...f em. Bring on the cheetos! :)