Notices

November 2009 Group

Old 01-07-2010, 12:51 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Dsy 59.
Spryte, it good to hear from you. I’m not sure what you job situation is… but I feel like I understand, at least on my own level. In short… I’ve hit a professional wall and pretty much hate my job. Sure, I recognize and appreciate the cool factor of what I’m doing… but I am such a low rung on the latter that people seem to think it’s perfectly okay to treat me like a idiot boy.
I had another incident today of a high up saying something completely unnecessarily belittling to me. What I find very difficult is the fact that I completely started my career a year and a half ago. I walked away from a really great job that I had for almost 10 years. During the first five years I received two substantial promotions (I was promoted way too fast)… anyway… when I left I was running facilities and had a staff of 10 people and was being “groomed”. I don’t mean to be bragging… I’m just bringing you all up to speed on the nature of my frustration.
Now? I’ve pretty much started over my career… at the administrative assistant level again. Paying my dues again... erg…
I don’t know… maybe I’m just too prideful these days. It’s hard to start over… and its hard to let go of my 10 previous years of service… years I get some sort of respect for. Frustrating.
All I know I hope to God, when I was a supervisor I didn’t treat people the way people treat me now.
Whelp… Spryte… I don’t mean to steal your thunder… if you feel like it, throw us a bone as to the nature of your work place whoos.
Take care everyone!
Old 01-07-2010, 12:56 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Sorry... the point to my venting is the fact I internalize all of these negative encounters. I can’t stand it. I don’t understand all these passive aggressive posturing that surrounds me… I loose TONS of sleep over it. I wish I could shrug it off and be honest with my self. Those people are simple insecure and just trying to make themselves feel better from what they seem to think they are lacking. It has nothing to do about me… I’m just there.
But I can’t seem to shrug it off… which is a problem emotionally that I need to get over.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:44 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Thanks mirage! That's the thing about paranoia. An answer is always there, you just need to wait for it. And, chances are, forces are NOT aligning against you (unless you're a member of the taliban). I'm not used to having this much time on my hands to...think... and my wheels are spinning out of control. I suspect this will get better as time passes.

Tytan, one day away!!

It must be challenging (and also exciting!) to start a new career. I'm impressed that you've got almost 60 days in while getting used to a new job. You're totally not stealing my thunder, venting is encouraged round here. Some people can be real jerks and as much as you handle it all gracefully, sometimes it just builds and you need to, well, call them jerks. I think this is as good a place as any to do that
Old 01-07-2010, 06:39 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Spryte..lol @ the taliban thing!
Yeah..as a general rule people aren't out to get us. Unless you're Tytan, of course. Ugh..that would be horrible to be in a work environment like that. It's always hard to start a new job, and to have people not treating you with the respect you deserve is really crappy. Hang in there, T. Hopefully you can look back at this stint and see it for what it is, even though you're having a hard time doing that now.

Too much time on one's hands is MY problem. I love being a stay at home mom, but the kids are in full time now, which leaves me really free. Part of me loves this, but I think does take a toll on my psyche. I started sub teaching, but not a ton of work right now. Been feeling lonely lately...but doing ok. Have a great night e1!
Old 01-07-2010, 06:51 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

mirage, I don't have any children (unless you count cats - I do actually!), but they are low maintenance. I have great admiration for all moms, especially stay at home moms. Quitting drinking has not left me with a busy social calender, so I still can relate. Keep checking in here, and have a great night yourself
Old 01-08-2010, 11:33 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Day 60!!!! Two months!
That's nuts. I'm having a much better day. I was obviously in a funk yesterday. Thatnks for listening everyone!

But, mirage is right... everyone is out to get me... it's true! Lol.

Day 60! Give me a hoot-hoot!
Old 01-08-2010, 01:16 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Way to go Tytan! 60 days is amazing!!! Woot!!

I am so happy for you
Old 01-08-2010, 02:05 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Awesome to see Tytan! Day 65 here! I feel wonderful!
Old 01-08-2010, 03:16 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Yay Tytan!! Well done!

Good to see you, Future!
Old 01-08-2010, 05:21 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Woo Hoo Tytan! Congrats on job well (imagine that in an Emglsih accent). Next stop, 90 days!!
Old 01-08-2010, 06:57 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

No, I haven't been drinking as one might surmise from my spelling on the prior post!! Just in a hurry.

Future, I probably joined after you spliit for a while. Good to see you. :-)
Old 01-09-2010, 12:39 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Day 61 and today I get the esteemed pleasure to accompany my son to the sequel of his favorite movie: Alvin and the Chipmunks. He is very excited. As for me? Well… I’m just thankful Jason Lee is playing David. Jason Lee is one of those actors who can entertain me and make me laugh no matter how many crazy CGI animals are spinning around his head.
I wonder how Jason was cast as David in the first place. If I was casting a children’s movie Jason Lee would probably not be on my list (he’s career isn’t exactly child friendly). But his performance ended up making the movie for me… oh and I can’t forget giving credit to David Cross (also not known for children’s entertainment) who played the bad guy agent.
Anyway, as an adult I gave Alvin and the Chipmunks 2 out of 5 stars… Both stars for Jason and David. But as a parent, I have Alvin and the Chipmunks 4 out of 5 stars for being a children’s movie I don’t mind watching 100 times in a seven day period… and yes… I’m even looking forward to the sequel with my boy… it’s going to be our first trip to the movies together.
Oh! I just received a hug from a very excited little boy. I gotta run! Happy weekend everyone!
Old 01-09-2010, 12:49 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Administrator

You've made it to Part Two guys!

the new thread is in the Daily Support Forum:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...up-pt-2-a.html

D