Notices

November 2009 Group

Old 12-31-2009, 06:45 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Day 52.
Happy birthday to me!
Have a very fun, safe, and drink-free new year’s everyone! I’ll be toasting you all with a Mince-Meat Pie this evening!
Old 12-31-2009, 04:50 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Happy birthday
tytan!
and happy new years eve to everyone.l
Old 12-31-2009, 06:13 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Forgot to mention one thing. TCM is showing a bunch of The Thin Man movies tonight. I love them. They (Nick & Nora) have a fox terrier named Asta, who I named my fox terrier when I got her, even tho she was female. Asta in the movie is a male. Anyway, that's how I came up with my screen name.l :-)
Old 01-01-2010, 02:27 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Day 53.
How was everyone’s new year’s even? Any successfully stories? I successfully dodged the booze.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:25 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 53 Tytan and on avoiding the booze on New Year's Eve!

I'm grateful that i was able to do the same. Mine was a quiet evening at home...played Trivial Pursuit and watched the world junior hockey game (Canada - US). It is a nice feeling to wake up early and sober on New Year's Day.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:18 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Day 55.

Yeah, New Years was pretty low key as well... I was in bed just after midnight for a change. Woke up feeling great.

Last night my wife and I had a date night... Korean Food. It was awesome... an only cost 25 Pounds. "See how cheap things are when were not drinking?" my wife said. It's true... I would have probably drank another 25 Pounds worth of booze. Just eliminating booze, alone, will probably keep us within our budget. Who knew?
Old 01-03-2010, 11:52 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Aw poop...I wanted to wish Tytan a happy birthday before I left, but I forgot. Hope you had a good one!

Never saw The Thin Man movies...I'll have to look into that!

Great to hear about y'all's new year's eve. Proud of you guys!

Well, I definitely lost my sea legs there for a bit. I'm hoping it's passed, as I feel motivated today, but I'm just gonna think about today. I've not been in a good place, and I'm not sure why, but man...I cannot go back to drinking like that. It's just freakin painful now. Now that I know I have a problem with it, it's like it's totally different for me when I drink. There's just no going back to how it was before I took a close look at it. Not sure if that makes sense or not.

No..I did not have a successful new years eve. As a matter of fact, I got so drunk I went outside to get fresh air, stood behind a tree and bawled my eyes out, I felt so crappy about myself. It's ok...this is something I need to go through to get to the other side of this. I feel like I needed to go down that road again, to assure myself I don't wanna go down that road again. Crap..I hope I'm not making up excuses here. I'm not trying to.

Anyway....enough a my junk. Happy new year wonderful peeps! I'm feelin really good about this twenty ten thing. Good things are comin...I feel it in me bones!
Old 01-03-2010, 12:54 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  

just wanted to wish everyone a happy new year i'm still alive and well welcomed 2010 with my flippin furnace dying on me ...don't worry i know how to find alternative heat forms and will be out of this place in 4 weeks...funny thing too since i logged in it is crankin out a tiny bit of heat...LOL must be the good people here haha...i'm going to get the place as hot as possible before it dies again LOL
Old 01-03-2010, 03:41 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Thanks Akazia..and back atcha! Give that furnace a swift kick! Stay warm!
Old 01-03-2010, 06:21 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  

It sounds like most people survived New Years Eve. Steak got overcooked but so what?

Hang in there everyone! Maybe I should suggest a date night for me & hubby where we get all dressed up. We don't eat out much as I love to cook, but I haven't gotten all glitzy in ages. There's only a couple of places where we wouldn't look too out of place, but who cares what other people think?

All the best.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:25 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Day 56.
Happy New Year Mirage! Sorry to hear about your New Years… but how I see it… those feelings you had when you faltered simple reinforces why we’re all doing this in the first place. I may be 56 days successful, but I could just as easily be crying behind that tree tomorrow. The good news is once a Novemborite… always a Novemborite! We’re all in it together.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:53 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Go and get glitzy, Asta! Sounds fun!

Thanks, Tytan. I really appreciate that..and I'm choosing to look at it the same way. I didn't figure I'd get this right the first time. I'm trying to do it without much support here as I'm keeping it a bit on the down low, which probably is not smart. Anyway, thanks...yep, I'm stickin with November, even tho!
Old 01-04-2010, 06:20 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Tytan, You're doing so good. I'm really proud of you. Hope you're having fun in England.

It's 2010 and I turn 60!!! later this year. Of course, I still look 39! NOT!! But I did have some minor facial cosmetic surgery a few years ago that helped a lot. Took away a couple of extra bags around the eyes and under the chin. It wasn't cheap as insurance didn't cover it, but I think it was well worth it. So.....maybe I don't look 39. How about 50 or 55? It did wonders for my self image however.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:33 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Day 57.

Asta... you're making me giggle. That's right... and man can "giggle"... it's just not recommended.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:43 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  

T- Lol..at least it's not totally frowned upon.

A- I'm sure ya don't look a day over...we'll go with 45!

Hope you're all doing well!
Old 01-06-2010, 10:45 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Day 58. Crazy... am I really two days away from two months?
Old 01-06-2010, 10:46 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Yes you are!!!
Old 01-06-2010, 10:47 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  

I meant to add this and hit the wrong button!
Old 01-06-2010, 05:43 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  

2 days away Tytan, that is awesome!

So you guys, I just wanted to share / vent, so here goes:

On the negative side, I am finding it hard to sleep and I am very stressed about a work situation that may get worse, or maybe I'm imagining things, in which case I am paranoid. Neither option is good there.

On the positive side, my facial twitches are gone! Upper lip, eyelids, cheek area - they used to twitch every day, I even thought I might have some neurological disorder. The irony of me googling those things while clutching a glass of red wine and ignoring the evidence under my nose! Yeah, red wine...classy. At the end of things, I was drinking straight from the bottle, no need for a glass. My hands still twitch a bit, but that is getting less and less with time.

Also on the positive side, my resolve is strong. I still want to drink and think about it several times a day, but I am able to deal with those thoughts successfully.

So, thanks for being there, and be good to yourselves
Old 01-06-2010, 07:47 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Great job, Spryte! Sorry about the sleep thing..I hear that a lot around these parts. Guess you'll figure out if you're paranoid, eh? Time will at least solve that for ya. Glad you're feeling better!