Notices

November 2009 Group

Old 12-21-2009, 07:45 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Asta...oh I've done the "put it on our room" at the swim up bar! Hate gettin that bill.
Yeah, the thing is, I don't want a few beers. I want 8. And really I don't wanna go there..the hangovers were tremendous. The "fun" of drinking them I thought outweighed the misery of the hangover..and then all of a sudden..not so much. I just feel so much better, I don't have daily struggles..not to say the urge or thoughts don't come my way..but I'm not 'white-knuckling' it. I'm thinking about it sooooo much less that I used to.

Ya know...we used to go to my grandma's a few days before the dinner to help her make the raviolis, but she may buy them now. Not sure to be honest..we sort of stopped doing that, and she may have, too, seeing that she's 93. They tasted homemade if they weren't! (The sauce is always homemade, of course.)

Glad you guys are doing well and are keepin me company here! Hope our other peeps are doing well, too!
Old 12-22-2009, 10:09 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

DAY 43!
Dang you copy and paste!!! And my lack of proofreading!!!
The end of my sentence was about her other favorite books in the same vain as “Eat Pray Love”. Have you hear of or read “Animal Vegetable Mineral” or “The Omnivore’s Dilemma”?
Old 12-22-2009, 03:31 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  
bbr

Thought I should join the November Group. One month today (November 22 start). Had a nice (sober)Thanksgiving, but was thinking a LOT about wanting a drink. Thinking a lot less about it lately.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:35 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Never heard of Animal Vegetable MIneral or The Omnivore's Dilemma. But will look them up on Amazon. Tytan, congrats on day 43. That's almost 1 1/2 months!!!

Today -- just so so. Attitude kind of in the dumps. I'm sure I'll pull out of it.

Welcome brr: I see you're from the northwest. Anywhere near the central Oregon coast (where I am)? And a big congrats on 1 month!! WooHoo.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:56 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  
bbr

Originally Posted by Asta1 View Post
Welcome brr: I see you're from the northwest. Anywhere near the central Oregon coast (where I am)? And a big congrats on 1 month!! WooHoo.
Hi Asta, Thanks! I'm in Seattle.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:30 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Welcome bbr! Way to go on a month..that's awesome!

I've not heard of those books either. Personally, I think he's makin em up. Isn't that first title the first question when you play 20 questions?? haha

Feel better, Asta. Headin down to the Wings game tomorrow night. Should be fun..my bro doesn't know my real drinking status, so we'll see how it goes.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:02 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

hey all...technically I am a Novemberite....mostly I post to the november thread from last year in the daily support section....but after drinking on and off August to November of this year....I'm where you are

just thought I should pop in.....I'm not sure i think days matter so much as the relationships we build to support our recovery....right now...i'm totally happy to have the time I have....and i wouldn't have made it back without the love and acceptance and work with last year's novemberites...

Hang in there...stay sober...love each other (hug)
Old 12-22-2009, 09:07 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  
bbr

Hi Ananda and welcome. November is a nice month because it has Thanksgiving... and now we have something else to be thankful for.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:53 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Day 44!
Wow, welcome BBR and Ananda!!! I’m really glad you guys found us!
No time for a long tytan-esque diatribe tonight! I have to pack! Hurray! I can’t believe it’s time to go be a father again!
I’ll talk to you all tomorrow! London baby! Yeah!
BTW: Speaking of titles that may or may not exist… I watched a movie called “Hamlet 2” last night. It was not what I was expecting at all and it ended up being really great… and oddly touching. I recommend it…
Old 12-23-2009, 10:57 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Tytan -- We want details when you get a free moment!!

Ananda -- I love your avatar. Is that a hedgehog? It sure is cute. We have a real problem with moles out here. Never see them. My husband trapped one when we first moved here but they just come back. Now we mostly just repair the damage and move on. Wonder what mole meat tastes like? LOL!

Mirage-Have fun at the game. Don't stress (if possible) about the beer or whatever. You are the designated driver, right??

Not quite so grumpy this morning. Got a good nights sleep. Decided I would try making a "buche de noel" for xmas dessert. It's basically a jelly roll type cake filled with creamy stuff and shaped like a log, with frosting on top and other things scattered around to make it look like it came out of a forest. Meringue mushrooms are traditional but I think I'll skip those.

Have a good day all!
Old 12-23-2009, 10:57 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Day 45!

All most finished packing! I only need to pack the computer (i'm stalling) and clean the kitchen (I am stalling)... my taxi will be here in two and a half hours! In about 7 hours I'm going to be where I belong! With my boys and my beautiful wife!

Okay... okay! I know! I'll take the garbage out... jeeze!
Old 12-24-2009, 11:56 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Morning all. Not much going on. Just finished my workout & think I better start on our dessert for tonight & tomorrow pretty soon. Hope you all have a nice holiday.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:36 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Lol Tytan! Have a great trip!

Get cookin, Asta!

We're off for the traditional Chinese dinner on Christmas Eve. Well..it's tradition for us, anyway. No idea how it got started, but we've been doing it since we were kids..so Chinese it is! Tonight is my side of the fam, tomorrow the hubby's side. Oh and the boys get to open Santa's presents somewhere in there..haha.

Have a great Christmas November peeps and any others who might be reading! (I can't access any other smilies besides these dorky stars! Dang it..there's a reindeer out there who's dying to be included in my posts!)
Old 12-24-2009, 06:14 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  

My yule log turned out like it was supposed to. (Fattening)

Mirage - Have a great dinner. Are the boys yours and how many? Wish we had some kids around to cheer the place up. Oh well.

Tytan, My thoughts are with you!
Old 12-24-2009, 06:45 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Merry Xmas everyone...being Santa is a thankless job...in the middle of wrapping presents-thank god I only have one child
Old 12-25-2009, 12:22 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Happy Holidays to all, whatever holiday you celebrate or not. Don't eat too much! Gotta have enough for leftovers!
Old 12-25-2009, 12:41 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Merry Christmas, if applicable... enjoy your day off if not applicable. (Unless you don't have one, in which case :ghug2 )

Yeah, I never know what to say anymore, they cuss you out here if you accidentally wish them things...

Anyways, I'm rambling. Sober still, but not long enough to stretch back into November. I'm mighty proud of all ya'll that did stay sober, though, been watching--just lost the "Thanks" button. I feel like an intruder...

Just wanted to wish all y'all another day of sobriety... followed by another one. Then loop it like a computer program.

Take care of y'all selves,
TB
Old 12-25-2009, 01:03 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  
bbr

Merry Christmas to all. I had a great Christmas morning with the family. So nice to do so without the hangover! Most everyone has settled down for a nap before Christmas dinner... I think I'll take the dog for a walk.

BBR
Old 12-25-2009, 04:31 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  

TBubba, I'm sober too but I did slip in December, but I still post here with this group. It seems like l've gotten to know people as friends. Don't want to give that up.

I don't really have a religion that I follow but do "celebrate" Xmas just out of tradition. My family is Swedish and we have a lot of special decorations & food. It's just my husband and me this year (and Bobby Darin on DVD singing to me!). So I decided to forego the special Swedish smorgasbord which is a lot of food. Anyway, it's kind of depressing. My doc put me on antidepressants about a week ago but I guess it can take about a month for them to really kick in. I would love to have a drink right now, anything alcoholic, but there is nothing in the house.

TB, from your past posts, I gather you are probably alone today. I might as well be. Football will start shortly. I don't watch sports on TV or really live either. Just never got into it. Went I went to school, the only team sport the girls were taught was field hockey. Whoopee! Anyway too bad we can't spend the day together.

I should probably work on an afghan for a family friend. An old friend of my mom's who is practically in the nursing home stage. I've known him for several years, but only see him when I visit my mom about once a year in Illinois. Anyway, he's not doing well at all. He's Swedish too so I'm making it in the Swedish flag colors.

TB, try listening to some of your favorite music. Hey, Bobby Darin is way before your time I'm sure, but he is awesome! God Jul! (That's Good Xmas in Swedish)
Old 12-25-2009, 09:12 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Hey all! TB..you're not intruding..post wherever you want..it's about the people, not the days. (Someone eluded to that earlier here, and she's right.)

Sorry you're lonely, Asta! Dang football. Yes, the boys are mine. I have 2...8 and 10 yrs. old. They help make it fun, for sure. Lots of Legos Star Wars stuff to be put together now!

bbr...I agree. We always drank on Christmas Eve after the kiddos were in bed. I felt much better this year. I was even up before one the kids!

Akazia and Tytan...hope you're enjoying the holiday!