Notices

November 2009 Group

Old 11-06-2009, 08:54 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Well since I am starting over with another Day One, I figured I try and get this one going again.......Nov.6 will be my new official start date.

Hope all wanting to quit or have quit in November will come on in.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:40 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Well, I did it! 2 weeks! Second time! Well, third altogether, but the first time is a faded memory at this point. 2 weeks! I'm so happy, sorry y'all.

You can do this, VC.

Take care, don't drink,
TB, not drinking.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:33 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Well, I've wanted a "group" to be part of to help me along, so I wont worry over exact dates, My birthday is this month, and this is when life in all its wisdom has chosen to use health issues to sit me flat on my ass for several weeks...a good time to focus on sobriety!

So, call me a November.

multiple addictions, clean from several of them...it's actually nearly impossible for me to tell if I am clean from all...that nature of my beasts...eating disorders for example...

but drink and drugs...clean
sex...clean

so glad to have this community...
Old 11-07-2009, 04:41 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

im new to the site and i love it... very helpful stuff
Old 11-07-2009, 06:22 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Welcome Threshold and Poke. Post often, glad you are here.

Hi TB! Congrats on 2 weeks! I am on Day Two!!!!!!!!!! No detoxing this time......a little hot and cold is all......I am thankful.

Thanks to Dee for pulling the Class of Nov. out to the front for us to get going again!!!
Old 11-07-2009, 04:39 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

For a minute there I thought I was the only Novemberite...it was so quiet! Glad to see peeps coming in...thanks to those who bumped and reminded! I'm on day 6 and I'd like to post somethin every day. I think it helps me...sometimes I just don't have words.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:30 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi everyone -
I came to SR because I have a son who is addicted to drugs.

I drink.

I am not an "alcoholic" -- I have maybe 10 glasses of wine per week, tops. But I've just decided I don't like it so much anymore and I want to quit drinking. I have my doubts but I really want to try. I went out with girlfriends last night and told myself I'd stop at 2 glasses....but it ended up I had 4. THEN I acted like an idiot by driving home under the influence. It's time to put it down. It's just not worth it.

Ok then. Today is Day 1. This is a gift I'm giving to myself.:day6
Old 11-07-2009, 05:55 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Nice to meet you, tjp! Glad you've joined us! Congrats on your decision...I know it's not an easy one to make.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:26 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Wtg on day 6 Mirage! Posting something everyday is a really good thing. I still hang out with my original family, class of January. They are the best.

Hi Tjp613........glad you are here and what a great gift to give yourself.

So if you guys get talking to anymore new peeps around the site, invite them on in!!

And our special guest TB, the gal with 2 weeks..............woo hoo!

Stay strong, and come here and post if you have a weak moment, we will talk ya down!
Old 11-07-2009, 06:31 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Welcome Threshold & Poke

Welcome to this side of SR, TJP Congratulations on day 1... that's the hardest... except for day 0, the day you decide to do it...

((VC))

Mirage, no, I knew I was a Novemberite, hadn't forgotten you all, I was just really stressed and discovered the chat room... that was all she wrote...

Well, I got 15 days now, which puts me in October, I know, but I sobered up so close to the end of the month, I didn't really get to know the group, so I chose to come in here instead.

And I'm over the flu... my first "test" of sobriety past the cravings... I passed with, um, well, I passed. My first flu of sobriety. I want a merit badge...

Had a sleepy day, had to wake up mighty early in the morning to get to my court class, but I got another one checked off. About ten more to go, and I can clear that off my outstanding things to do list.

On the other hand, this flu put me so far behind the eightball with school, I don't have a clue how I'm going to catch up. Early to bed tonight and do my best tomorrow, I guess. At least I got a doctor's not.

Take care y'all,
TB, happy but not very optimistic about school to be honest--just choosing to put it off till tomorrow (how alcoholic behavior is that now)
Old 11-08-2009, 07:23 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Day 3.......slept like a rock........hope you are all doing well today. Stay strong and keep posting!
Old 11-08-2009, 09:41 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

This is already on page two? I guess nobody knows about it...

Well, y'all, I dang near went out today. Carol's thread was a big part of me not stopping at one of the million liquor stores in the 2 hours home from a very depressing AA meeting (well, the meeting might not have been depressing if not for my situation). I can't mess up... I can't mess up I can't mess up.

Finally told myself that if I have to do it, I have to do it Tuesday after class. Too much is riding on the line--the flu is to blame, but I won't be able to look at myself if I put the final blow with a bottle of bourbon. I have to get through the next two days as best as I can... lying, manipulating, and conniving. No other way, all the chances they'll give me with honesty have been used up. How much flu can one girl have?

Sobriety has not been pleasant, straight from the w/ds through to the flu and now to fix all the problems caused by the flu. Is this my eventual life?

Got 16 days now.
TB
Old 11-08-2009, 09:48 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

Is this my eventual life?
In a word Bubba, no.

Y'all think we'd still do it, if things continued the current rate of suckage?

it gets better

D
Old 11-09-2009, 07:03 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Hang in there TB........if anyone can get thru this, my money is on you!

So I guess our class kind of bailed..........maybe some others will join in as the month rolls on...........if not, we rule it TB! LOL.........we can write all over the chalkboard and throw erasers!

:
Old 11-09-2009, 07:25 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Guess I can sign in here....This'll be Day 6 for me....decided enough was enough after a pretty out-of-control Halloween party ( although it's been a problem for a few years now)

so far finding this to be a great resource!
Old 11-09-2009, 07:46 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Welcome here...here! lol

I'm still here, too. I started posting on the under 2 weeks thread...I get all confused where I'm posting and where I'm not! ha. I just poured myself 2 different glasses of iced tea...I swear I'm losing my mind. Day 8 for me...yesterday was tough for me too, TB, for some reason. I'm glad neither of us caved! You can do this...you're doing great!

I'm banking on the "it gets better" idea. I think in addition to the addiction part, there's the fact that it's a habit. It's like breaking any other habit...takes time. After awhile you just don't think about it as much..that's what I'm hangin my hat on anyway.

Vicious....let me know before you let loose with the erasers so I can duck (and shoot a spit wad!)
Old 11-09-2009, 07:47 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Welcome!!!!!!!! Well done on 6 days HERE!!! I am only on 4. How are you feeling? This is a great resource and being in a class like this is nice cause you go thru it all with a small group, all going thru the same struggles. Post often, especially if you get the urge. We will talk ya down!
Old 11-09-2009, 09:06 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

I don't know if this is a question or a confession or what but I am struggling. I want to say I am clean...but I just had surgery and have to take pain killers. I have tried to go without them, but when I do I am not able to do what I need to to heal properly, like lay flat to sleep, go to the bathroom etc...so am I clean or do I have to wait till this is over to consider myself clean?

I am working recovery either way...but I do want to be totally honest about this. The first week or so I was not sure I was clean because my eating was all messed up, but I've gotten that straight. I am not drinking or cutting, but not sure how this pain med thing is going to pan out. I firmly believe that when I don't need it anymore (I am already taking a fraction of what I am prescribed) I will stop and get rid of the pills, but can I know for sure?

I just want to be totally honest with my "classmates" here
Old 11-09-2009, 10:00 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Well I had written another post. It didn't post.

Morning.

Not doing so well. Again. Today is the day I'm supposed to make up for being sick. *Today*. I was sick three weeks all told. All my teachers said it's okay, just have everything for the 9th.

When I was sick, I couldn't focus on anything. I'm fast becoming useless.

Dunno what happens today.

Eraser fight?

(Except we have little projectors now... )

What will happen is I will be in more trouble than the whiskey ever put me into. Whether or not I can get extensions/etc... The clean up will be one of the hardest I've ever had to do... and the one that's hardest to take. It was a flu that brought me this low. Regardless of what I do, I can't win, is the lesson I get out of this... maybe I'm seeing it wrong.

Threshold, you'll get a mess of answers for that one. I say take as prescribed doesn't count... and don't even worry about if you can stop those until the time comes.

VC, "only" four days. "Only"? Edit thy post, lady.

TB.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:32 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Threshold..I'm sorry I can't really speak to that. Not sure what the general consensus is on that. Me, personally..I'm with TB on this one.

TB, I'm sorry you're goin through all this. I think this might be one of those times when you have to look at the big picture and not just today. TB> "Regardless of what I do, I can't win.." Not true. You're winning...just not everything at the same time. When you look back on this and all your school stuff is sorted out (and you WILL sort it out), you'll be so glad you did it without drinking. Maybe you'll only be able to sort it out because you're not drinking.

TB> "What will happen is I will be in more trouble than the whiskey ever put me into." That may be true at this moment, but in the long run the whiskey will cause you triple fold the grief that school is giving you.

Hang in there...take a deep breath and be proud of yourself for not drinking. Whether or not you get the extensions, etc., you've got a lot to be proud of...and you'll be able to get the school stuff taken care of in time. :ghug3