Notices

November 2009 Group

Old 11-21-2009, 08:43 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Well yeah slow to join but here I am quit date 11/15/09. Single mommy with a 3yr old. Ex-husband in prison for something bad he did while - guess what? Drunk and on drugs. Thankfully I left him a long time ago, but it's sad my daughter will never know him he has a 22 year sentence and I refuse to let alcohol take me away from her as well. Hope this isn't too much info-I really am an optmistic person!
Old 11-21-2009, 08:47 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Asta I am going to look up that book Lit now-always up for good reading material-already have the big book. Last night I was reading Drinking-A Love Story by Caroline Knapp-pretty decent book
Old 11-22-2009, 08:46 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Never too much info here Akazia.and welcome to our little family. Great peeps here.

Have a good day everyone......I am off to watch football!

Go Patriots!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-22-2009, 09:24 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Hi Akazia

Welcome! I too have a 2 1/2 year old and I am lucky her daddy is fanstastic however I also will not let her grow up with a drunk for a Mum.

Good for you!

Old 11-22-2009, 09:37 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday to everyone-Day 8 for me Off to my first day back at the gym after havin flu-we'll see how it goes. Broncos are my team by the way!
Old 11-22-2009, 09:39 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday to everyone-Day 8 for me Off to my first day back at the gym after havin flu-we'll see how it goes. Broncos are my team by the way!
Old 11-22-2009, 10:33 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Welcome Akazia! Day 8 for me, too! Sorry to hear about your ex...sounds like you're taking life by the reins..good for you!

I'd like to watch my team play today...but we're so bad we don't fill the stadium, so they don't air home games. One more reason to love Detroit.
Instead, I'm puttin up Christmas lights!
Old 11-22-2009, 11:58 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Day 13… I can’t believe it’s almost two weeks! Crazy!
Things are going as smooth as can be expected. My wife had another hard day. Today she was like, “I wish loving words and behavior could erase everything that has been done… but I guess I will just be entitled to some bad days every once and a while.” Very true. At this point I know we are committed to working this out. But, it’s going to be rough from time to time… she’s right… getting sober isn’t going to erase the past… but hopefully it was change our future.
Asta: You are the zillionth person who’s recommended “Big Bang Theory”. We watched the pilot and thought it was cute… but for some reason we didn’t continue with it. But, due to all the recommendations… I downloaded the first two seasons on iTunes… iTunes is a God send being over here… I can get my hands on anything and everything! So, we’ve already discussed making Big Band Theory our “after baby show” we’ll need something to veg-out to at strange hours, so we might as well work our way through a show.
Watson: Yeah, I’m interested in learning more about tea… I need something to replace all of the beerology I have stored in my brain. And I have to say… a cup of tea at the end of the day is a great thing.
Akazia: Wow… you have a remarkable intro and my heart goes out to both you and your daughter. I have a three year old son… so I can imagine how hard it is for you.
Go Falcons!
Old 11-22-2009, 01:35 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

mirage: well sometimes it's better they don't air games lol I hate watching my team lose! Wish I could hang Christmas lights but we are in a weird process of moving-I got bought out of my mobile home and am house hunting right now...we are the same number of days sober-that's great!
Tytan: congrats on day 13. Yeah it can be rough-not so much for me anymore-I have a good job, family and daughter who loves me, and now sobriety so I am thankful for all of that.
My ex-well can't say he's a terrible person-he was a great dad when sober, but meth and alcohol changed him and now he is paying the consequences for doing something he can't even remember doing (he says)-scary right? Addiction is a terrible thing. When I left him my drinking increased greatly-think I was falling into a poor me kind of thing and I have gradually pulled out of it-took me a year to finally stop from when I first decided to-but I'm here now-with all of you
Old 11-22-2009, 03:07 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Well Patriots are winning but I am tanking in my football pool..oh well...........it's been a fun day........

I am still trying to plan T-day......its kind of a throw together this year......which might mean it may be better!!

Time for nachos......the dude is making them so they will taste better!!

Happy Sunday night to all of you November-ites. Hugs.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:08 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

PS.....nice job everyone, I am proud of all of you!!!!!!!
Old 11-22-2009, 03:37 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Yeah good job, Novemberites...

I had a better post earlier, but my internet crashed and I accidentally erased it.

I'm nearing my 7th day... 12 hours short or so

All the way happier. "What changed?" they say... my roommates! I have new ones... It's so much better here. Except my internet is really touch and go.

Take care, everybody.

TB
Old 11-23-2009, 03:33 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

No More

November 23 is my start date for ridding my life of alcohol. I am nervous but hopeful.

Old 11-23-2009, 03:46 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

welcome gndrd014. . have been hear or 37 days now and have received *tons* of support here at SR. For sure would not have made it this far without the good people who coach you along this process! Stick with it. . you can do this!!
Old 11-23-2009, 04:33 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Hey, welcome again Gndrdo... I was just in the other thread you were in! Small world...

Sorry I'm up in the middle of the night all giddy.

Can't sleep.

Worried about tomorrow... all the classes, time, and I gotta talk to that teacher about possible treatment. It's the time management of the classes that's got me though... this internet erratic-ness is killing my ability to research things.

Take care,
TB
Old 11-23-2009, 04:40 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Day 9....getting through a weekend is huge! Don't drink at all during the week, just weekends. This was a big step. Mentally preparing for the next one.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:11 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

congratulations, this is awesome!
Old 11-23-2009, 05:35 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Welcome gndrdo! Nov 23 sounds like a great day to me! Glad you're here....
Old 11-23-2009, 06:02 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Thanks Wildman..Day four sober for me. Last night was was rough but feeling much better today...wish I had a more understanding household support system but I'm determined t do it either way.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:31 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Best wishes to everyone for a successful sober day!