Notices

There's that word again

Old 10-29-2009, 04:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

There's that word again

Denial.

I have another doctor appointment this coming Tuesday. My blood pressure med was lowered...it might be reacting with my psych meds...but anyways...when I go in I'm going to demand that they test for diabetes.

I'm a big girl...and I don't have the best diet...and I wonder why I haven't been asked in the last couple of visits more questions to determine why I'm so fatigued. This last time I even said I was tired all the time...but the questions were leading towards suspecting bipolar (I have depression).

Too much was going on yesterday for me to speak up about my concerns. It could be any number of things, but what is clear is that I am fatigued and irritable. My left eye has been getting blurry again...it's like I'm having a lot of trouble focusing...maybe that has nothing to do with it b/c if I stare long enough it will focus....sorry...I'm talking out of my butt.

I've been having a bit of mental confusion...nothing major, but noticeable to me. Brain farts way too much...I feel like I'm getting more stupid. This isn't a self esteem thing......something's not quite right. Again, it could be the meds.

My glucose level has not been tested for over a year. It was okay then.

Long, raving, nonsensical posting to end soon...

Time to suck it up and find out if it's a sugar problem. Whether it is or isn't I can move on to fix whatever has been getting worse...and on top of all of this my depression isn't so stable anymore. Ugh.

Maybe this should be in the mental health section. Thoughts welcome...no medical advice, of course. I'm hoping to get this cleared up next week. ...appointment in five days and they can probably test a day or two after that.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

:ghug3 for you and that's a good idea to be tested for diabetes, as that can cause bizarre or unusual behavior and symptoms. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Here's one for later! :ghug3
Old 10-29-2009, 05:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Bam,

You're right, it could be something physical to do with blood-sugar levels. Or it could be something to do with your medications. I have found that there are times when I am not able to cope with something, so I put it on the back burner. When the time is right, then I try to deal with it. I'm glad you are working on figuring out what the problem is.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

goodf for you sticking with it!

my own doc made me feel like I was 'inconveniencing' her - then another doc did the same- because I was not 'right' feeling - and I wouldn't let it go!

so .... jump on it! good for you!
Old 10-29-2009, 05:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
"I think I can. I think I can"

Have you have your thyroid checked? I know the symptom yous describe sound similiar to hypothyroid. You might want to ask to have those levels checked also. I am diabetic now fow 8 years. I am insulin dependent and my first noticeable symptom was my vision. I remember driving to work one day and not being able to focus at all. It never cleared up. I went to the eye dr. who sent me for a glucose test...that was it...diabetes. When my sugars were back under control my vision was back to normal...still happens with high sugars. The two major symptoms which at the time didn't register as a problem was constantly having to pee (especially at night) and extreme thirst. Those are my first cues now that my sugar is high also. Definitely get tested and I hope you get some answers because constant fatique is awful.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

:ghug3
Old 10-29-2009, 05:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Faerie

Hi Beautiful,

As you know I'm a curvy girl too.

I have pre-diabetes because of my weight and take a diabetes medication twice a day for it, I have also lost loads of weight and will continue to do so as insulin resistance can go away if you lose weight.

I think getting tested is a great idea, your symptoms sound like the ones I had before I was diagnosed.

The good thing is whatever it is it will be treatable.

Good luck sweetie.

Love you loads,

Faerie xx
Old 10-29-2009, 06:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Whatever it is Bam - go get it sorted
At least eliminate the possibility...

D
Old 10-30-2009, 03:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I had the exact opposite happen to me Bam.

I too have long had extreme fatigue and various odd symptoms that don't seem to add up to much and I am pretty fat with a rubbish diet.

So I went to the Drs, as we all should when we don't feel right, and it was diabetes testing all the way.

I had the normal blood panels taken and they were all fine (including the glucose one) but after that I have had to take a series of fasting blood tests designed, it seems to me, to diagnose diabetes and solve the whole problem without resorting to any kind of thought on the part of the Dr.

I'm not saying that your symptoms couldn't be as a result of sugar problems but be careful of handing your Dr some kind of peg to hang all their tests on.

As of now, after 3 seperate sets of blood tests, my blood sugar is fine and yes I am still fatigued, no other real option has been offered and its getting to the point that I think I might have to see another Dr just to find out if it could be anything else.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Yeah, ally, who knows? Do consult a different doctor and keep us posted.

I got maybe one hour of sleep last night...at least that's what it felt like. I went to bed seven hours before I was supposed to get up for work and I remember being awake most of the night in bed.

I'm so fatiuged...and I have a headache. I just ate...maybe that will help...but I know if I try to sleep I won't be able to.

Ugh. I know when my body has had enough it will sleep for a long while, but geez. It wouldn't be so bad if my brain could at least function well. I'm getting confused...a little.