Notices

as promised.....for the dog lovers

Old 10-25-2009, 02:29 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I was going to say, "Awwwww" and "Adorable!" and then saw that those things were already said, so I'll just second them!!!

I'm a dog lover, too.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:46 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Philippines/Canada

phffffffft! merrowwwwwww!

jk as a cat person i would have to say.....keyyyyute puppy!
Old 10-25-2009, 03:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Ridgebacks... Awesome dogs.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:43 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I want more pics!
Old 10-25-2009, 05:33 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Oh, noooooooo - I can't stand it, he is too much! Thank you Shaun - I was waiting with anticipation to see the new baby. I agree with stone, more pics are needed right away-two are hardly enough!

Does his ridge show yet? Just look at those paws & the soulful eyes - he is beyond wonderful! Can't wait to watch him grow. (Jake is smiling down, no doubt, happy with the outcome.)
Old 10-25-2009, 05:45 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

He's a beautiful puppy!

I am sure you and your wife will enjoy watching him grow.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:57 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by laurie6781 View Post
Just a side note to some who may not know, as cute as he is now, he will grow up to be a BIG boy.

As Shaun's precious Jake was also a Ridgeback he knows, as cute as they are they become a very POWERFUL animal without the proper training, can become a real problem for an owner and others. They are commonly called Lion Dogs and were and are used in Africa for hunting Lions.

Don't let the 'cuteness' fool you, he already has mischief in his eyes, roflmao and Shaun and his wife will have their hands full for quite some time training him, I do not envy them at all. The Ridgeback is a 'thinking' breed and if you do not give them enough to do both physically and mentally they will 'think' of things to do and they may be things their human will not be happy with, lol Oh and when they do get into some mischief, like the Belgians, even if the mischief is cute and funny, one cannot laugh, as laughing is like permission for them to continue the behavior. rofl

Shaun I hope, no I know you and your wife will have lots and lots of fun with this guy!!!!!!

Love and hugs,
yes...dont get a ridgeback if you want a licking lap dog...they are hard to train..
crate training is essential.......for him and the wifes kitchen....jake ate the last one...kitchen not wife

intently loyal.........but not aggresive.....unless you push the boundarys abit.
tend to ignore other dogs.....and dont like to be approached by strangers much.....tending to raise an eyebrow and go back to sleep.

walking to heel essential.........and as quick as possible.......unless you wanna be flat on your face.....if they see a squirrel.

jake loved to pull my mountain bike with me on it........for miles.
george will only have brief strolls for a good while...while those legs mature a bit..
he is a strong bright eyed pup and we have high hopes for him......ill keep you posted while he grows

im glad you like him.......
Old 10-25-2009, 06:07 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Oh, noooooooo - I can't stand it, he is too much! Thank you Shaun - I was waiting with anticipation to see the new baby. I agree with stone, more pics are needed right away-two are hardly enough!

Does his ridge show yet? Just look at those paws & the soulful eyes - he is beyond wonderful! Can't wait to watch him grow. (Jake is smiling down, no doubt, happy with the outcome.)
ahh im glad you caught the post......i know you been waiting..lol

yes if you look at the second picture you can see his ridge running down the centre of his back.......starting with two crowns/swirls....its hair that grows in the opposite direction to the rest.

ill post some more pics in a few months....i think ill be pretty busy for a while..lol

glad you like him hevyn........
Old 10-25-2009, 07:51 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Of course, now I see his lovely ridge....he has such a shiny coat & lots of love in his eyes.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:53 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Thank you for sharing with us!

He is stunning!
Old 10-26-2009, 06:46 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

This made me cry. I'm an insane dog/cat person, and I can't imagine life without my furbabies. They're the main reasons I decided to get sober - so I could be a good mommy to them. I'm sure you will never forget sweet Jake, but he will live on forever in your heart until you see him at Rainbow Bridge (where he'll be patiently waiting, I'm sure!). George is a baby doll - enjoy the puppy phase, it passes all too quickly!