SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Moving (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/187051-moving.html)

nogard 10-24-2009 04:52 PM

Moving

I am moving house at present and I got up this morning and started organising a truck for tomorrow, getting rid of the rubbish and finsihing the packing and then I realised I was rubbing my hands together and walking around in circles.

This is so stressful, I have been here 13 years and although I am ready to move its a huge change and is having a massive impact on me.

I just needed to write this down a few times and get on with what I can do now.

Thanks

Kevin

Dee74 10-24-2009 05:00 PM

Moving is stressful Kev...but it's only for a little while :)
Try to stay in the day - that helped me when I moved

Looking forward to hearing you're in your new house soon :)

D

nogard 10-24-2009 05:03 PM

Thanks Dee, thats what needed to hear :)

Anna 10-24-2009 05:22 PM

Kev,

I know it's hard to move. I have moved more times than I can count, and every time was stressful. It's hard physically and emotionally. The upside is that this is very temporary and you will feel at peace again. It's hard parting with things we've had for a long time, even though we're not sure why we keep them, but it can be exhilerating too!

Hevyn 10-24-2009 05:32 PM

Thinking of you, Kev, as you begin again in a new place. 13 yrs. is a long time - your feelings are completely understandable. I'm hoping the new digs will be better, happier, and more fun. A new adventure awaits.

nogard 10-24-2009 05:37 PM

Thnaks guys you got me going again and doing what I can. Asked a friend to help me with the actually move tomorrow and tues and he said yes, its still so hard to ask for help. I lay in bed at 5am this morning trying to work out how I could do it alone.

Yep Anna it is hard just off with my 2nd last load to the tip!

Hevyn 10-24-2009 05:41 PM

Well, you'd have plenty of help from us - if it weren't for that pesky airfare.

nogard 10-24-2009 05:43 PM

lol :) but you are helping.

Wolfchild 10-24-2009 06:02 PM

:a143:

Hoping everything goes according to your Higher Power's will for your life
as you enter this new phase of your recovery & living life on new terms!!

tallcactus 10-24-2009 06:57 PM

Hang in there Kevin, change is good.
New people, neighbors, scenery, etc. Enjoy it.

nogard 10-24-2009 07:08 PM

Thanks. Starting to have some fun now and get a little excited. Thrown away all the rubish, a few trailer loads and will get the rest of the packing done today.

Monday mornig off to collect the keys, go to a members funeral and then pick up the truck, ready for loading and moving on Tuesday morning.

laurie6781 10-24-2009 07:53 PM

Being a bit of a 'pack rat' myself, I have found moving to be very 'cleansing' in many ways, roflmao

I have moved a lot in recovery, and several times here in the same town, in the same 8 block radius in the last 20 years, lol

My last move, 17 months ago, was when I sold the house I was in, bought a different place, with a much smaller house, and a much BIGGER yard (for my fur kids). Got rid of more 'stuff', and am very happy here, as are the fur kids, trying very very hard not collect 'more stuff', lmao

Good luck on your move Kev and may you make many good new memories in your new home!!!!

Love and hugs,

shaun00 10-24-2009 09:36 PM

ohhh no ...i dont like moving..you have my pity

i can see it coming though.....like laurie i need a smaller house...way too expensive to live here but the garden is big for the dogs

Anyway.....kev........what the deal with you guys shutting a big bridge to have a huge picnic on it!!!........and i thought the english were strange:c031:

best of luck with it mate........

Gypsy Feet 10-24-2009 10:56 PM

I just moved 2 months ago kev, and the build up and move sucked, but I landed in paradise=) I am excited for you!

Rusty Zipper 10-25-2009 12:42 AM

you'll be ok kevbro,

hey, more growth.

and when you get settled in, let us know,

we'll give you a Housewarming Party!

good wishes on the move kev

hope3 10-25-2009 01:50 AM

Hi Kev, hope the rest of the move goes well.
I'm a bit of a pack rat myself, oh boy would I have
a few trailer loads to the dump if I were to move.
You'll be just fine...one day at a time.
hope and love
hope3

OZboy 10-25-2009 04:14 PM

..kev,new home..new adventure..cheers..Ozy..

stone 10-25-2009 04:34 PM

Kev, thinking of you. :hug:

barb dwyer 10-25-2009 04:59 PM

moving sucks.

coffeenut 10-25-2009 08:24 PM

Hope you are all moved, by now. Moving is just a pain....and is one of the top stressers in life.....so be easy with yourself.

The good thing is....you throw out the junk you thought you couldn't live without. :)