SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   spare a thought.. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/186970-spare-thought.html)

shaun00 10-23-2009 10:54 AM

spare a thought..

His real names not tom.........but tom will do.
Tom was a pal of mine...single guy.......trying to get to grips with the horrendous loses in his life.......kids......family.....jobs....

Tom was a heroin addict but was clean.....he struggled.........spent some tearful nights with him as the full horror of the past.....filtered through.

he got to 3/4 months.........but wouldnt involve himself in any programme.
wouldnt do na........wouldnt do counselling........
toms ego was as big as mine was...".i can do this f..ck it."......i dont need that NA ********.......

Man........what a f.....cking waste.
tom hanged himself yesterday........he couldnt do life clean anymore.
he couldnt live with himself......

if i said im sad id be lying..........im f.cking livid.......
i wish i could knock ten bales of sh...t out of him....
sorry.......my lauguage........i just gotto get this down.
his mother is gonna ask why...........why did he do it......when he had been clean for a time.

tom...........i love you man................have peace now.

Rowan 10-23-2009 10:58 AM

I'm very sorry for the loss of your friend. How very sad.

Anna 10-23-2009 11:06 AM

I am so very, very sad for your loss.

This disease is horrible.

KenL 10-23-2009 11:16 AM

Shaun, I don't know what to say....

It's a terrible thing anytime someone takes their own life. It doesn't make any sense. I know you don't need anyone to pacify you or try to make you feel better. You'll feel all the things this brings and live through it. We're here for ya.

xenodamus 10-23-2009 11:23 AM

Don't know what to say, man. I can't even pretend to know what that feels like.

It's just a shame what addiction can do to your mind.

cece1960 10-23-2009 11:27 AM

I am so very sorry...

sailorjohn 10-23-2009 11:47 AM

So sorry to hear of your loss.

yeahgr8 10-23-2009 11:48 AM

Thats a real shame Shaun! Very sad!

gravity 10-23-2009 11:49 AM

his mother is gonna ask why...........why did he do it......when he had been clean for a time.
Last year I lost my young cousin to suicide (rest in peace David).

I prayed for the right words to say to his father, his brothers. The answer I received was "don't say anything - listen...just be there for them".

I don't think we really know what is going on in someones' mind before they take their own life. What misery.

For your own sake, say what you need to say, get it out of your system.

I am truly sorry for your loss.

pennylane2009 10-23-2009 11:52 AM

I'm sorry. That totally sucks.

laurie6781 10-23-2009 12:14 PM

(((((Shaun)))))

I am very sorry for your loss. I know how this feels. You will get through this and believe it or not it will become part of your ES&H when you work with and share with anothe , down the line. They will see your pain, they will see where their continuation of not changing can lead, etc

I know you will get through this. No one that I have ever heard has sad that we have to do things gracefully, especially when it is something painful, so vent as much as you have to and know that we are walking through this with you in spirit.

Although it is very sad, 'Tom' is finally free of his 'demons' and is once again whole and on the next leg of his on going journey.

Love and hugs,

mirage 10-23-2009 12:16 PM

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, trucker..heartbreaking.

tallcactus 10-23-2009 12:33 PM

((shaun))
I experienced this same thing, about 5 months ago. Still sad and very angry. I know completely how U feel. Could not of expressed it as well as you.
Just be there 4 the family and not much else 2 offer U, sorry 4 yr loss.

Surlyredhead 10-23-2009 12:51 PM

:hug: I am so sorry, I understand what you are feeling. My brother commited suicide 26 years ago, I am not livid anymore, but to be honest, I still get a little p!ssed when I think about it.. I know that there are no words to ease your pain right now, no answeres to questions everyone has, but know this, your friend is at peace. He is free of the mind and body that let him down in this life. :hug:

Cathy

Saphie 10-23-2009 01:02 PM

Sorry. Thinking of you. Be strong. Your friend would want you to be.

baldjim 10-23-2009 01:27 PM

i'm very orry for you loss my friend

sometimes it is hard to take :praying

Jane47 10-23-2009 02:55 PM

Sorry to hear about your friend.
Take care.

vegibean 10-23-2009 03:08 PM

trucker sorry about your friend. This disease has so many different faces and gets to be too much for some. So sad. :(

least 10-23-2009 03:36 PM

Oh Shaun, I'm so sorry.

rondfw777 10-23-2009 03:48 PM

Hate to hear that about your Bud. Had a friend pull it off last Easter in the church parking lot. Happiest guy I ever knew. Not an addict of any sort. Mystery!:react

Ron