SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Over 3 Weeks without a drop of poison! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/186834-over-3-weeks-without-drop-poison.html)

ChoosingRealJoy 10-21-2009 09:11 AM

Over 3 Weeks without a drop of poison!

It's been more than 3 weeks now since I've had a sip! Sobriety is great. Much better than all the junk that went with being drunk. I can think better, I feel better, I act better, I'm getting more things done, I'm more efficient.

It's still a little awkward - I'm a little more serious than I used to be (imagine that), but I still make a point to have fun at every turn and I have learned that I can have just as much fun sober as I could drunk. And now I always remember the good times! It is a transition though.

I also am finding myself over analyzing every ache & pain and blaming it on how hard I've been on my liver and heart because of my heavy drinking. I just noticed that - soon I'll get a hangnail and blame myself for being such a stupid overdrinker and causing the hangnail. lol

To all those that are just starting their journey towards sobriety, good luck. I tried before and didn't take it as seriously as I am this time. This time I'm doing it. It's working. My determination and drive and my God's blessings on me to quit will not fail. And I'm determined not to look back either. That's hard for me. If I allow myself the luxury of looking back at how awful I was just less than a month ago I can get really down on myself and that does not fit in my recovery plan. Never look back - just forward.

If I can do it, anyone can do it.

Tazman53 10-21-2009 09:14 AM

Awesome CRJ, you know now may be a good time to get a good physical, alcohol can mask some things. More then likely all will be well and the worries will be gone.

Saphie 10-21-2009 09:23 AM

Good for you. Keep up the spirit of feeling great, but stay cautious with it. As for the physical aches and pains. I had that too and what I was told made total sense: When we drink we are numb (mind and body). I remember the unexplained bruises that didn't hurt not to mention how I got them. Now that we are sober, we are aware of everything that's going on (mind and body). Getting a physical is probably a good idea though.
And by the way, a hangnail is bloody painful :c031:

vegibean 10-21-2009 11:01 AM

WOO HOO!!!!! Right on, keep up the great work!!! :c011:

NAchic 10-21-2009 11:12 AM

:c011:

Glad your here!

pennylane2009 10-21-2009 11:13 AM

Congrats, CRJ! You are doing awesome!!

:a122:

Wolfchild 10-21-2009 11:22 AM

:c006:

NewMe11109 10-21-2009 11:32 AM

Well done! :c031:

NewBeginning010 10-21-2009 12:18 PM

Nice work ChoosingRealJoy :You_Rock_ watch out for those pesky hangnails :c004:

Keep it going, you can do this :ghug2

Dee74 10-21-2009 01:24 PM

Congratulations on 3 weeks CRJ!
:bounce

D

ElegantlyWasted 10-21-2009 01:38 PM

Awesome... Taking it seriously should allow for some serious fun (sober of course). Took me a while to get it. I thought the exclusion of booze meant I was a cripple, and doomed to sober drudgery for the rest of my life. So glad I was wrong and that the reverse is actually how it works.