SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   damn, this site KICKS ASS! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/186830-damn-site-kicks-ass.html)

fenster67 10-21-2009 08:05 AM

damn, this site KICKS ASS!

I am able to talk about so many things that i don't have the courage/heart to bring up to people in meetings. I don't want to offend others in the whole higher power thing.

I am able to post and get opinions that REALLY HELP ME!

This by far is the BEST SITE for recovering drunks and addictS!

Thanks everyone !!! I am here to stay!!

Wolfchild 10-21-2009 08:08 AM

And yet, by sharing it here you are developing
& strengthening the ability to share it elsewhere!
Keep coming back and continue doing what works!!

Astro 10-21-2009 08:10 AM

Glad you're here fenster. keep coming back!

TheSunAlsoRises 10-21-2009 08:13 AM

Glad to have ya... it is a great resource...

Tazman53 10-21-2009 08:27 AM

Hey Fenster do you have a sponsor yet? I can tell you that I can talk to my sponsor about ANYTHING I am having an issue with, he does not judge, and when it comes to HP issues he simply shares his experience, of finding and developing his relationship with his HP. He pointed me in no direction, but instead suggested that I work on finding one of my own concept that I understood. He told me to simply pray and meditate and it will come.... and it did.

Mark75 10-21-2009 08:33 AM

SR has made my experience in the program AND the fellowship of AA soooooo much more than it would have been in the short time I have in recovery....

Keep coming back!

Mark

NAchic 10-21-2009 11:24 AM

I agree with your thread heading!!!

:c005:

Goat 10-21-2009 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by fenster67 (Post 2406303)
I am able to post and get opinions that REALLY HELP ME!

Not only that, but your sharing, posting opinions and asking questions helps the rest of us too!

-Goat

Dee74 10-21-2009 01:36 PM

Good to have you here Fenster :)

D

least 10-21-2009 01:48 PM

I too draw a lot of support and good info from this site. It's wonderful to know that any time of the day or night there's someone here to talk to.

:welcome

joedris 10-21-2009 03:58 PM

Fenster, If you truly believe in something, don't ever hesitate to voice your thoughts in a meeting just because you may offend someone. If you choose your words carefully, people will be more apt to admire you for expressing your opinions than will be offended by them. And if someone who disagrees with you is offended, then they have a problem, not you. And as Taz has suggested, find a sponsor. That will be one person who you can say anything to without fear of retribution. You'll note after a while that there's a lot of disagreement among AA members, but that's ok. It gives others different viewpoints to consider and that, my friend, is a good thing.

Anna 10-21-2009 04:07 PM

You are absolutely right!

Hevyn 10-21-2009 05:10 PM

Couldn't agree more - glad you said it! I've always felt that way since I first arrived here. I credit these people with saving me from the chains of alcoholism. I never realized I could have so much company - and so much compassion.

Believe808 10-21-2009 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Cubile75 (Post 2406336)
SR has made my experience in the program AND the fellowship of AA soooooo much more than it would have been in the short time I have in recovery....

Keep coming back!

Mark

I must agree with Mark.