Notices

Had a very disturbing dream last night.

Old 10-13-2009, 09:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Had a very disturbing dream last night.

Since putting the crack pipe down. I have found that my using dreams are not crack using dreams. But rather needle using dreams.
I have never used one. Was always to scared to.
Only time I considered it was in my darkest lowest moments to off myself. And I was not near any of it..Thank goodness.
I have seen people do it. It looks like a pain in ass to be honest. So much crap to go through to get your fix. But then again..All addictions are in their own way.

Last night I had a very different one. This girl was shooting and then she stuck me with it. And she was infected. And now I was. And that just sent my dream into panic mode. And I woke right up sweating and freaking out. So much that I came on here and posted in the social group dreamers, smoked not 1 but 2 cigs. And was still bothered today by it.

I know they are just dreams. But it confuses me why I would dream about doing that. When I dream about crack. Its such a cluster F and nothing goes right and never end up using most of the time. Just attempt and fail very miserably.
But with these dreams about shooting. They are very detailed and precise. And very vivid. I mean right down to numbers. And some of that stuff I wouldnt even know about.

It is strange and freaks me out alot. And kinda scares me.

Anyone else have dreams of other substances they would never and have never done?
How but your take on why someone would dream so intensly about the same thing??
Old 10-13-2009, 09:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Maybe when you observed people shoot, your conscious mind -- the part that was scared (which you were manifesting as "pain in the ass") by it -- was keeping it's distance. But maybe your subconscious, or the darker shades of the shadow that resides in all of us -- however you want to conceptualize it -- was eating up every detail. Being that the influx information was never physically expressed, your mind is now burning it off in dreams.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't really know about the questions you asked... dreams are mysterious things. But I've noticed that these first few night's I've had sober, my dreams have been more viscerally vivid overall, and stick with me more the next day - whether they're good or bad.

I'm sure that as you start replacing your old life with new and engaging things in your new life, your dreams will slowly start to reflect that, and I'd imagine you'll dream less often about addiction-related stuff. Fingers crossed for you that that happens as quickly as possible! I know how bad nightmares suck, and how the really twisted ones can cling to you even after you wake up. :-\
Old 10-13-2009, 10:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((Trish)) - I don't know why you're having the dreams. I did use the needle, at times (and yeah, it IS a pain in the a$$), but I'm thinking it is "just" a using dream, though it freaks you out more because it is something you only saw, never actually did? You saw enough for it to get into your subconscious.

I've been having dreams, lately of XABF #1 going into rehab, and calling me...I wake up in a sweat, haring his voice. I haven't talked to him in about 6 years or so. I don't have a clue as to what is behind our dreams, but I agree that they can freak me out for a bit. I try not to dwell on what's behind them, or what they mean. I think of it as a good sign that I didn't kill as many brain cells as I thought I did while using - I just bruised them a little bit

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-13-2009, 11:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I dunno what the dreams mean T - maybe they mean nothing?
I'm just glad you're here and doing well

D
Old 10-14-2009, 04:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I hate those dreams. With me it's the drinking and drinks I've never had. They are so real, it freaks me out. And I'm also dreaming it's other people that give it to me. I'm not sure if it's my twisted mind telling me that it's okay to drink what I used to drink, because the stuff in my dreams is much worse. I don't know, I don't trust myself nor my subconscious mind.
As the day goes on though I realize it was just a dream and I'm still sober. I have to say that talking about it helps to take the reality out of it. Hope it did for you too.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by Saphie View Post
With me it's the drinking and drinks I've never had. They are so real, it freaks me out.
I still have drinking dreams at least once a month, sometimes they're so vivid and real I swear I can taste the alcohol in my mouth when I wake up, it scares the **** out of me. These dreams, actually more like nightmares, are reminders to me of of where I came from, and never want to return to.

There was a great post in the Christian forum a few days ago about "Listening", sometimes I think these dreams are my HP's way of shaking me up and getting me to focus on a message I'm supposed to hear.......

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post2398006