Notices

Droped by sponsor for using a computer

Old 10-11-2009, 08:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Cause no harm

Just a quick note to say I use a computer for all writing—informal, formal, financial recording, etc. I agree whole-heartedly with wolfchild, it is the content, not the vehicle. It matters not if it is typed, hand-written, foot-written, or words formed with sticks. It is what comes out of the brain, a record of mental thoughts. To me it sounds almost like a school marm, smacking your hands with a ruler for not holding the pencil as she instructed. Cut the crap and get to the point. What type of pen were you to use and what color ink. If there is a reason for the exercise to be done a certain way, for Christ's sake give that reason, don't use the "cause I said so" syndrome. I don't believe a matter of following instructions because thats just the way we should do it is very productive. We are dealing with a real life struggle with recovery, not a lesson on do it my way or hit the highway. It's meat and potatoes staying sober. Stick to the things that allow that to flourish.

Padraic
Old 10-11-2009, 08:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

god4all

JMO.. but a Pen shows personality and is ones self. Not the legability but the act. Typing is mechanical and more for statements and such. I think in general feelings roll better with a pen and not computer.

Was it extreme,, maybe but there might have been a good reason. Follows direction, behhind the scenes process or emotion etc...
Old 10-11-2009, 08:15 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Cause no harm

AG,
I had no problems letting feeling roll off just a minute ago (lol)
Old 10-11-2009, 08:32 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Just because the guy is a sponsor, doesn't make him a good sponsor. I don't care what ANY book says. A.A.'s not a JOB for chrisesake; it's a SELF-help program. And if God4All wants to help himSELF by using a keyboard instead of pen and paper to work HIS program, and that sponsor tears him a new one for it, then that sponsor is a NAZI. So, good riddance. We come to it when we come to it and not a moment sooner. And I'm confident God4All that you will come to it at your own pace, just like everybody else.

Keep going back God4All. Not all sponsors are Nazis.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:39 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Sorry Ago, I just realized you might think I was calling YOU a Nazi but I wasn't. Sorry if it sounds that way. I totally respect you and your position here.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:40 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

It's not about just the sponsor. Think about it.

I wish the person who posted the thread nothing but good will. I am sure this was a learning experience for all.

Mark
Old 10-11-2009, 08:53 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Learn2Live View Post
Just because the guy is a sponsor, doesn't make him a good sponsor. I don't care what ANY book says. A.A.'s not a JOB for chrisesake; it's a SELF-help program. And if God4All wants to help himSELF by using a keyboard instead of pen and paper to work HIS program, and that sponsor tears him a new one for it, then that sponsor is a NAZI. So, good riddance. We come to it when we come to it and not a moment sooner. And I'm confident God4All that you will come to it at your own pace, just like everybody else.

Keep going back God4All. Not all sponsors are Nazis.

Well, to begin with, A.A. is not self-help.

If you ever do the steps, put nazi sponsors on your inventory. Until then we're not real interested in your opinion of an experience you've obviously never had.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:03 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

This thread is getting a little like the wheels on the bus...round and round.

I think all sides have been more than adequately covered.

God4All - I hope you won't let this experience deter you in anyway from your recovery.

D