SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Another_30_day_success_story_for_SR (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/186090-another_30_day_success_story_for_sr.html)

PrimalScream 10-09-2009 11:31 AM

Another_30_day_success_story_for_SR

Hey all,

Just wanted to share my happiness on 30 days of sobriety :). And I wanted to thank everyone here at SR for being a very big part of that. I'm pretty sure I could have just not drank for 30 days (well, I THINK I could of...) without using any sort of support. But the longer I am sober the more I am coming to realize that just stopping drinking is not the whole answer. I've learned you have to change from the person who decided they have a problem into the person you want to be...and that takes effort and support. I have only gone to one AA meeting (and that was a big deal for me) so most, well pretty much all, my support has come from SR, (big shout out to the September group :)) I really think this place is an invaluable resource for anyone looking to overcome addiction in any form.

I've also found that getting active, as in fitness and eating right have really helped a lot. I can honestly say that the difference in me now and 30 days ago is quite startling. 30 days ago I just got home from 5 days of non stop drinking in Vegas...I had been binging non stop all summer...I was a mess. I quit drinking, smoking weed and cigs all at the same time. Now I am running 3 times a week (just got up to 4 k the last run) and eating pretty healthy (following the Fit for Life diet mostly, I highly recommend it if your looking for more energy)...and even though I still sleep like crap I wake up every day feeling pretty positive and looking forward to the day...much better than waking up feeling like **** and hoping there are a few beer left in the fridge to tide me over until I get to the beer store.

Anyway...thanks again to everyone at SR for being so great and supportive. Have an awesome sober Friday!!

Astro 10-09-2009 11:35 AM

Awesome share Primal, thanks for the positive message! Congrats on 30 days! :c011:

nickishine 10-09-2009 11:36 AM

:c011::c029::a122: What an inspiration YOU are!!!!

NewBeginning010 10-09-2009 11:54 AM

Right On! :c011: Congrats on your sober time.

Aysha 10-09-2009 12:24 PM

That is great!! And its that type of thinking that will take you far and keep a stable solid recovery. I most def agree that you have to do more than put the stuff down. Making improvements in your life. Even small ones will make alot of difference.
Keep it up.

Anna 10-09-2009 12:41 PM

Wow, super post, PrimalScream!

I totally agree with you that to recover we have to work on all aspects of our lives.

NEOMARXIST 10-09-2009 01:25 PM

Nice one Mate!!

I totally agree with what you say about it being about WAY more than just putting the booze down.

It is relativiely easy to abstain from the booze for a short period of time but it's the staying off of it that is the difficult bit. That involves much work on your own part trying to firstly accept that you are 100% alcoholic and then to make sure you change your "Head" in-order to maintain "grateful sobriety". My opinion of course.

For me the second when I start becoming ungrateful for my sobriety is when I get my ass back to AA meetings to get my gratitute back.

Keep it up man.

Dee74 10-09-2009 02:42 PM

Congratulations Primal :D
:a122:

D

mariechi 10-09-2009 03:44 PM

:nyae AWESOME! Congratulations

thirtybubba 10-09-2009 04:15 PM

Congratulations, PS, on 30 days!!!

:nyx

PrimalScream 10-09-2009 07:29 PM

Thanks for all the kind words guys. It's pretty cool, being sober. I can see how my life could really kick some serious a** if I stay sober. When I started I told myself "let's see if we can do 30 days"...done. I'm now going for another 30 days. I can't yet comprehend telling myself I will never have another drink again in my life, maybe that will come in time but right now that is just to large, to all encompassing...doesn't even seem real. But I know I can do another 30 days...so that is what I am doing. I do plan on hitting up a few more AA meetings...for the support, and meeting some other sober folk as I don't actually know anyone who doesn't drink at all...there really aren't that many people that do abstain completely besides AA'ers it doesn't seem. Ok, gotta go relax...just got back from a run :). Have a great sober Friday night!!

NewMe11109 10-09-2009 11:03 PM

I am so pleased that you have been able to feel that wonderful life momentum that comes when we stop drinking. I too felt it and realized that, while there was still a lot of work to do, I liked myself better already after the first 30 days. Onward to 60+

Congratulations!

ZeroNowhere 10-09-2009 11:35 PM

Congratulations to you, 30 days is WONDERFUL!!

Sikkisirus 10-10-2009 02:20 AM

Congratulations on the sober time Primal :a122:

box3 10-10-2009 04:37 AM

I've learned you have to change from the person who decided they have a problem into the person you want to be...and that takes effort and support.
Awesome, Primal. :)

endzoner 10-10-2009 04:46 AM

:c011: congrats Primal .. huggles Endzy

firestorm090 10-10-2009 04:51 AM

Hey, how's day 31 going?

You're right, thirty days is just the beginning of a new life, and it's damn good stuff.

Dunsuppin 10-10-2009 05:31 AM

Just wanted to share my happiness on 30 days of sobriety
I've also found that getting active, as in fitness and eating right have really helped a lot. I can honestly say that the difference in me now and 30 days ago is quite startling.

Glad to hear you are feeling so much better. I too am exercising and loving it. Starting a diet (again) today as well. It's good to know of your success it helps spur me on. Day 13 and counting. Keep up the good work xx :scoregood

stone 10-10-2009 06:19 AM

Congrats! :)

:nyy

least 10-10-2009 06:25 AM

Congrats on 30 days sober!:scoregood