Notices

Any help?

Old 10-07-2009, 04:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Any help?

Hello. I am new to this site. I am a full on pill billy. Got up to 7-12 oxy 80's a day over a two year period. Have done the suboxen and methadone thing. I'll get a week then go back. Or a few days and go back. I can function on one methadone a day fine. I don't want to use anything. I read somewhere only 5% of oppiate users quit without treatment. Is this accurate? I cant go to treatment. My girlfriend can not know. She would flip. Also cant take time off school or work. Couldn't afford it anyway. Any ideas?!?!?!?
Old 10-07-2009, 04:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
The New Me starting 1/11/09

JDCooper - Welcome. We are glad you are here.

Generally, when we go into treatment, we need to make it our #1 priority. I know that it is hard to do with life, work, girlfriends, etc. The question is: what is the alternative? What will happen if we don't recover? For many, all the things we treasure go away as our problem gets worse, so you could lose them anyway.

I will let others with more experience on opiates answer those questions, but this is the time to make an investment in yourself and your recovery. With recovery, all those other things will have a much better chance of success. And you'd be surprised, your girlfriend probably already suspects something and may be more understanding than you think.

Call a NA or drug addiction hotline and see what is available. Not all of it costs money.

Glad you are here.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Hi there and welcome!

Just an FYI.... I don't have the education on this with pills, however there are many, many people here who could help with advise on that!

My "suggestion" would be to contact a doctor for medical advise. Is that a route you're willing to take? I do hope so as we through cyberspace can relate to the best we're able.... yet a doctor is a professional who can check you out the best.

I'm glad you're here! Keep posting as I'm sure you'll find many who can help and support you through this. Chin up, K? It gets better!
Old 10-07-2009, 05:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Any ideas i could share may or may not be appropiate.
What works for me is living an N.A. Way of Life daily.
i would strongly suggest you become totally honest
with yourself, your doctor, your girlfriend, etc., etc.
i would encourage you to think about recovering
through a 12 Step & 12 Tradition spiritual program.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi jd

I'm an alcoholic so I'm not going to give you any second hand experience.

I will say this in a general way tho - keeping your addiction a secret is a lot of work - add that to the work you need to stop and stay stopped...thats a pretty big ask for anyone, JD.

There's a few avenues you can go down - but they all involve reaching out - no matter what your drug of choice, noone does this alone.

Seeing a Dr is always a great first thing to do. Support groups like NA give you face to face support and numbers to call when you feel like you're in trouble. There's also outpatient treatments and things like addiction counselling.

Read around here - post as often as you like. You'll find a lot of support and encouragement here.

Feel free to check out our Substance Abuse forum too
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Welcome to SR
D
Old 10-08-2009, 01:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

you could try to slowly reduce your intake over a period over several weeks i guess...untill you stopped using all together....however, this approach costs a LOT of discipline and patience...

Hiding ur addiction is impossible tough, it will come out sooner or later, even ít will take you 20 years..

Still Í never used oxy's or methadone or something like that so i'm not reliable.

Last edited by Dee74; 10-08-2009 at 01:22 AM. Reason: removed medical advice link
Old 10-08-2009, 03:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

JD I am an alcoholic so I have no experience to offer on getting off of pills, but I can tell you that maybe one of if not the biggest part of my recovery has been HONESTY!!!!

Brutal honesty with myself and polite honesty with all others.

I know that one of the best ways for me to start heading back towards another drink is to start keeping secrets and or lying.

In reality one can not have a secret without lying, even if it is a lie of omission.

You say your girl friend would flip if she found out right? Well take these 2 options and you tell me which one she would flip out the most about.

1. You get busted, you have not told her.
2. You get busted, you have told her and she knows you are trying to kick it.

With #1 she is going to flip for a variety of issues, one BIG one is that you do not trust her, or her love enough to think she would support you in kicking it.

Man I hope all the best for you, but my experience in recovery has been that the truth will and has set me free, lies and secrets kept me drunk for MANY years. I could not even begin recovery based upon lies and secrets, for this alcoholic that base was far to shaky to recover from.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. Any idea why when someone sends me a private message or visitor message I cant respond? It says I need a certain amount of posts.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

hey you. shaky ground for sure. thanks for asking. forgot about this site till today. i should definately get on daily, huh? going through it for sure. i erased every number i had that could be dangerous. full of anxiety. i hate it. How come I cant reply to visitor messages or private messages, any idea? I't says i need a certain amount of posts.