HI I am new to recovery - Page 2 - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information >
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2009, 03:48 PM   #21 (permalink)
FREAKING AWESOME!

Anxiety is my worse enemy!! I have so much of it and it drives me crazy. I say 'I get on my own nerves'. That's sad huh? But that is what I dealt with the most during my withdraw from pills. So, hang in there buddy and take some b-complex vitamins, they are lifesavers. I was feeling better by day 14, so just look forward to that day and you might feel a little better. You are such an inspiration.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:40 PM   #22 (permalink)

I so appreciate all the responses I have received. The answer on the anxiety has really helped me have hope that soon I will be my normal self. You all are due a blessing from God so that you can stay sober. When you are feeling sorry for yourself, think of all the good things you do have and cling desperately to those and dwell on them. They are gifts not to be squandered on the likes of the devils drugs. Then pull forward and enjoy the natural high of victory. Love ya all.
goofers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 04:47 PM   #23 (permalink)
It's time to change!

love your attitude, new friend!!!!

nickishine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:00 PM   #24 (permalink)
Kez

ohhh hello grandpa you are so awesome.........

its never ever to late,,,,, unreal post...
Kez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:09 PM   #25 (permalink)
Administrator

You're doing great!

And, yes, I found my anxiety level was through the roof when I stopped drinking. Everything just kept flooding through my mind, almost uncontrollable. Know that you can get through it, and getting through makes it easier to get through tomorrow.

Marianne Williamson
Anna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:08 AM   #26 (permalink)

3 am and can't sleep did get 1hr first without the lorazepan, getting less anxiety but back is klling me and just can't drift off. took the lorazepan and hope to sleep in 20 minutes. The not sleeping is the toughest. going into day 8. God is working me and he is healing me...just have to show respect and patience. Hope I sleep with about 5 hrs.
take care guys going to try to sleep again.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:48 AM   #27 (permalink)
Big Idiot Man Child

Hang in there Paw Paw.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:09 AM   #28 (permalink)
Follow Directions!

Hang tough goofers, pray my friend, know that you are not alone in this.

Follow directions!

Sobriety date 18 Sept. 2006

Sober today thanks to AA
Tazman53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:40 AM   #29 (permalink)

I did manage to get about 4 hrs of sleep and am so thankful still remain somewhat tired but on the positive I am somewhat refreshed as well. First night without the sweats and chills. They were mild and tolerable. I think I am heading to soberity in week 2 now. God did touch me last night and I am thankful. He will not give me a load I cannot carry. You people are great. Another day/step toward victory.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:03 AM   #30 (permalink)
Follow Directions!

Good to hear goofers, I have found that if I am doing the next right thing..... aka his will that he will always provide for my "needs", not my wants, but my needs and for that I am grateful. Hang in there, it sounds as though you are nearing the end of the physical withdrawals.

Follow directions!

Sobriety date 18 Sept. 2006

Sober today thanks to AA
Tazman53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:18 AM   #31 (permalink)

you are absolutely right taz. Thank you
Old 10-09-2009, 07:35 AM   #32 (permalink)
It's time to change!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofers View Post
He will not give me a load I cannot carry. You people are great. Another day/step toward victory.
Amen, brother!

Step by step, inch by inch WE'LL get there!

Stay strong!

All my best going out to you today, G!

Old 10-09-2009, 07:55 AM   #33 (permalink)
Practice Sobriety

thank you for your service
Old 10-09-2009, 11:18 AM   #34 (permalink)

While it is easier the anxiety is still there somewhat and wonder if it is due to the use of the lorezapam? I am only using one pill for sleeping at night. Should I discontinue as I have used it for 6 days now. I would rather do that and let the anxiety subside by itself and if it doesn't then I know the myleogram triggered it. What think you. any experience with it? Still focused and heading toward victory.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:23 AM   #35 (permalink)
It's time to change!

No experience on my end, Goofers.... but glad to see you're asking here!

I hope you get a medical expert to help you with this! They're the best bet for you right now.... my humble opinion.

:praying xxxx Take GOOD care today!

Old 10-09-2009, 11:30 AM   #36 (permalink)
FREAKING AWESOME!

I'm on busbar for my anxiety and I'll tell ya it's a life saver. I break mine in half and take it every for hours cause that's when I need it the most. Hang in there G, better days are right around the corner.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:31 AM   #37 (permalink)
FREAKING AWESOME!

*four hours. Sorry my brain still isn't all there yet
Old 10-09-2009, 01:35 PM   #38 (permalink)

anyone Like wwe wrestling? I guess I am feeling better as I love it and finally can sit still long enough to watch it again. It cheers me up even if it is fake and all. I have loved it since I was a kid........I am looking forward to watching friday night smackdown tonight. This is day 9 or 8 not sure, probably 8 ..........no oh my it is the 9th. Praise the Lord. I actually can sit still long enough to watch my favorite program. appetite is finally starting up again too. I have lost 20 lbs, I need to as I was 324. We need to continue that too. Any other fans out there? Not soberity subject but a cheerup
Old 10-09-2009, 02:41 PM   #39 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofers View Post
While it is easier the anxiety is still there somewhat and wonder if it is due to the use of the lorezapam? I am only using one pill for sleeping at night. Should I discontinue as I have used it for 6 days now. I would rather do that and let the anxiety subside by itself and if it doesn't then I know the myleogram triggered it. What think you. any experience with it? Still focused and heading toward victory.
We can't give medical advice here Goofers - it's in your best interests to see that these things are discussed with your doctor

D
Old 10-09-2009, 05:16 PM   #40 (permalink)

You have my appologies. I will refrain from that. Just to let you all know I am getting better, still dealing with the anxiety but it is lessening. Hope to sleep tonight naturally without aid. God is still dealing with me and testing my resolve, but I am dedicated to loving him and showing it. It is nice to be back home with him. You all are great and thank you for the positives