Notices

I'm Ashlee and I'm an addict!

Old 10-01-2009, 03:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FREAKING AWESOME!

Smile I'm Ashlee and I'm an addict!

Hi guys, I'm new to the site and to recovery. I am an addict to opiates and have been clean nine days now. I got out of detox a week ago and I am still going through withdraws and dealing with anxiety. I have no energy and find it hard to take care of my two year old. I thank God that I am sober today, I take it one day at a time and sometimes an hour at a time. I have thought about pills but haven't had the desire to actually do them. I need support and positive people who have been through this, who has experience so that I can learn that what I am going through right now is normal. When do I start feeling better? It is a battle that I am fighting right now, I knew it would be difficult but I thought I would feel a little better by now. I need you all, all of the support and knowlege I can get! Thanks for reading this ya'll!!

Much love and Best of wishes,

Ashlee K.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome!!!

Keep coming back, you'll find a lot of support here.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
FREAKING AWESOME!

Thank You John!
Old 10-01-2009, 03:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
FREAKING AWESOME!

Thank You,

My body feels so horrible and I know what opiates do to the liver. I'm no dummy, I know it will take time to heal but man I didn't know that my body would still feel terrible nine days into this. That's not counting five days of detox, so I will try the mag supplement. Thank you so much!!
Old 10-01-2009, 04:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Hello Ashlee, and welcome! I don't have any experience with opiates, I'm pretty much a garden-variety alcoholic and codependent. Just wanted to welcome you and hope you find the support you're looking for here. Our members are wonderful people, I'm sure you'll feel right at home.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hiya Ashlee

I've never done opiates but I wanted to say welcome to SR

Check out our Substance Abuse Forum sometime too for more support and experience, if you like

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Hope to see you around some more
D
Old 10-01-2009, 04:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Hi Ashlee and welcome to SR.

I used opiates too and it is a rough go at them getting out of your system. You say you went through detox already, just be patient, it does take time. I didn't take anything but I know some people talk about vitamins and teas you can drink. I'm sure someone will be around soon and give you some suggestions. Remember you never have to feel like this again as long as you don't put anything in your body. That kept me clean and sober in the beginning because I didn't want to go through that feeling again.

Have you gone to any AA or NA meetings? Even though drugs played a big part in my addiction this time I still go to AA meetings. I found that going to meetings took that awful feeling away even for the hour I was there. Good luck and Keep posting because we really do care.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Ashlee,

Welcome!

I am not familiar with detoxing from opiates, but I know that I had to be very patient in early recovery. I wanted everything fixed and to move on, but it took some time.

I hope you keep posting and reading.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
FREAKING AWESOME!

Thanks guys! I just don't know when I am going to start feeling half way normal again. I am taking a daily vitamin and my doc put me on claudadine for w/d. So, when I feel a craving I take that. I am still so weak after nine days out of detox, I thought I would feel better than what I do. The poopies are finally gone and I thought that was what was making me so weak. I still feel so weak and light headed at times. Someone mentioned magnesium and I read something about B12. I don't know what that will do but at this point anything I am willing to try. Thank you all and please keep responding because I need this!!
Old 10-01-2009, 06:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
FREAKING AWESOME!

So, I just got back from Walmart and got some magnesium and B-complex. I hope it helps me get going and help my body get back to normal again. If anyone has any suggestions let me know! Thanks.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Please stay in touch and let everyone know how you're doing.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

hi ashleek

I saw where you said in another thread you do want to go to meetings. Yes it is scary!

but hey....having to change to save your life is pretty scary!

I know I was really scared too. I kept going even though I was scared. I met some very helpful recovering addicts and found out it is natural to be afraid. I also found out I am never alone on this journey into my recovery!

hang in there...just don't use and it will be ok.

Peace,
Missy
Old 10-01-2009, 07:41 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Hi Ashlee K. and welcome.

I don't have any advice for you, but I can relate... detox is something else (alcohol in my case, but still...). And I'm still not 'feeling normal'... but then I don't quite know what that is. Best of luck to you, I hope those supplements help you along.

Stay around some, read/post, we're here, there's a lot of support.

-TB
Old 10-01-2009, 07:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Old 10-01-2009, 07:55 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

hi ashlee i am also an opiate addict.i am on day 12 cold turkey off 6 30mg oxycodone and 60mg morphine a day for 2 yrs.ive been on pills for aboutt 7 years.i also am still exp.withdraws very tired no energy and alot of aggrevation.i also have a daughter (9) and she is my inspiration and my reason for getting sober.toward the end of my addiction i was using food and bill money to get more drugs because the 150 my dr.rx me wasnt enough.the wds do get better i still am having the poops and i am also going to look into vitamins to help me feel better.let me know how its working for you.write me back sounds like we are going thru alot of the same things and i know its been pure hell on ya. the reason i did it cold turkey is because i wanted to feel all the pains and discomforts and crazy legs and arms all night so i would never forget and take another one of those devil pills thats what i call them.

Last edited by acoogle; 10-01-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:28 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Abstinent and Crazy

Ash, you are doing fine. its normal to be tired. your body is repairing itself.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:54 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hey there! I'm a recovering opiate addict. It's been a few 24 hours and I have to admit, a lot of days the only thing that keeps me clean is the thought of the detox.

It isn't bad that you have to go through this because today I can chase my kids, I have lost almost 50lbs because I have so much more energy and can work out. The rewards are much greater than that though. About six months or so into my sobriety MY energy and vitality started to come back. It takes longer for some, shorter for others, but that is how long it took me. I hung on every day, some by seconds. Some days all I could do was get up and breathe. Years ago when my first marriage was ending and I was so hurt my Mother gave me some amazing information. She said, 'it just takes time Latte." She was right. It just took time. I was married to opiates for several years and it just took time for me to "divorce" them.

I live in the moment and in a lot of ways, it helps me relate to my children.

It does get better!

You have gotten a lot of advice about how to deal with a lot of the physical issues of withdrawals, but the spiritual part is what truly saves my rear end every time.

Yep, I follow a 12 step program but there are many people who just come here and if that works for them, I'm glad SR is here.

Keep coming back. I have faith that you can do this. Together we are powerful.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:11 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
FREAKING AWESOME!

Thanks everyone!! Like I said before this is my first go around with opiate withdraw and detox. I really didn't know what to expect and honestly I thought it might be a little easier than what I am going through. You all have helped me so much and I appreciate everything you are telling me. I will keep coming back!!
Old 10-02-2009, 06:25 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Welcome and good for you. The first steps are the hardest.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:35 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

You know, everything that has been difficult in my life has been worth it 10 fold.

Years ago I made it through boot camp and then met my husband at my first duty station (we were not stationed together). My last childbirth, the hospital didn't do epidurals at the time and today I have a beautiful 7 year old girl. Don't forget the sleepless nights with my now 11 year old. Boy she was a difficult baby, today..she's a pre-teen and while that is a challenge in itself, she is a joy. All these struggles have made me stronger, more resourceful and more willing to look to my Higher Power for help (along with sponsors, etc.)

I've read a lot of life accounts on here, and I love reading how peoples lives have slowly gotten better with sobriety. Don't give up before your miracle happens.