SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Herro. Thought I would introduce myself: (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/185784-herro-thought-i-would-introduce-myself.html)

grldchz 10-04-2009 09:36 PM

Herro. Thought I would introduce myself:

Just recently made the choice to get sober again (previously had 2 point five years or so) after an incredible horrid evening in which I broke my first bone and pissed of a large number of my friends. I am extremely embarassed and have been playing the hermit for the last few days (not to mention nursing a broken wrist).

I guess the help I am seeking is whether or not anyone knows of any tangible and productive alternatives to AA? I refuse to get into my reasons why I wish to avoid the traditional AA system, so let's not start that debate, please. Any thoughts suggestions are welcome (with the exception of "go back to AA :)")

Thanks in advance. Hope to be sticking around.

NewBeginning010 10-04-2009 09:49 PM

Welcome to SR :welcome a few alternatives are listed here http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...resources.html

ANGELINA243 10-04-2009 09:51 PM

Welcome! Glad you are here. :wavey:

Dee74 10-04-2009 10:04 PM

NB beat me to it with the link LOL.

There's many ways - I was so beaten and so wanting change I was able to quit and stay quit with the help of the community here.

We all need support - none of us do this alone - and face to face support does seem the preferred option....but I think as long as you have the firm desire and commitment not to drink, whatever support system you choose will work.

You'll find a variety of approaches here.
Read, post - find a way that seems right for you - then work it completely.

Welcome :)
D

thirtybubba 10-04-2009 10:29 PM

Welcome to SR...
:c009:

CarolD 10-04-2009 11:44 PM

Welcome to SR....:wave:

coming_clean 10-05-2009 12:40 AM

welcome :)

Kablume 10-05-2009 05:09 AM

Welcome. Glad you are here.

north 10-05-2009 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by grldchz (Post 2389353)
Just recently made the choice to get sober again (previously had 2 point five years or so) after an incredible horrid evening in which I broke my first bone and pissed of a large number of my friends. I am extremely embarassed and have been playing the hermit for the last few days (not to mention nursing a broken wrist).

I guess the help I am seeking is whether or not anyone knows of any tangible and productive alternatives to AA? I refuse to get into my reasons why I wish to avoid the traditional AA system, so let's not start that debate, please. Any thoughts suggestions are welcome (with the exception of "go back to AA :)")

Thanks in advance. Hope to be sticking around.

There were also some threads on Naltrexone therapy Naltrexone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia either using the "Sinclair Method" Sinclair Method - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia or simply under the supervision of a physician. I would check it out.

least 10-05-2009 05:26 AM

Welcome to SR! There are people here who have quit drinking using methods other than AA. Some here have quit drinking and are staying sober using the family of SR and reading about alcoholism and recovery. Whichever way you choose to get and stay sober, just work that 'program' like your life depends on it... cause it does. If you continue to drink, things will only get worse.

Again, welcome!:ghug3

Tazman53 10-05-2009 05:33 AM

Read, post - find a way that seems right for you - then work it completely.
I concur with Dee, no matter what program one works, they need to work it COMPLETELY!!!!

If one does something half way normally they get half results, but when it comes to alcoholism there is no half results, one is either drunk or they are sober.

One thing to add here, leave no door closed, that door may be the only door that may lead one to sobriety.

Wolfchild 10-05-2009 05:48 AM

:welcome