SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   22 days without a drop. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/185738-22-days-without-drop.html)

BoyRacer 10-04-2009 09:19 AM

22 days without a drop.

I may not "rule" but I totally have not had a hangover in almost a month.

Still feel fat, though. Still cannot wrap my hands around healthy eating, still have not been to the gym.

And, someone told me I am a "dry drunk"?:c004:

WTF is up with that? I tell them I feel good, and they curse me with their own insecure projections and insults? The expectation of failure?

See, this is the reason I will not go to recovery meetings. The expertise and exuberant faith of the newly converted.

Save that for condemning someone else. I am speeding along just fine.

CarolD 10-04-2009 09:27 AM

Glad to know you are doing well.....:yup:

I never use the term "Dry Drunk" to anyone
in or out of my AA program. I agree ...
it's a de grading term.
If anyone calls you that again....I would reply
"Better dry than wet" and move on....:)

Sikkisirus 10-04-2009 11:22 AM

Well done on the sober time :scoregood

Ignore the label monsters :a043: Youre doing great!!

NewBeginning010 10-04-2009 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by BoyRacer (Post 2388724)

And, someone told me I am a "dry drunk"?:c004:

WTF is up with that? I tell them I feel good, and they curse me with their own insecure projections and insults? The expectation of failure?

Looks like you put that in its right place :wink

Congrats on your sober days :scoregood

Just start your healthy living with some small steps & ramp up from there, little changes go a long way.

Take Care,

NB

coffeenut 10-04-2009 01:15 PM

I've been called a dry drunk, too. The first time I heard it, I was just like you....mad! Now, I know that I have exactly what I want and need...I don't care who calls it what.

Congratulations for your sober time!

a fallen man 10-04-2009 01:19 PM

what does that term actually mean? i can tell it was tossed out as a negative but i honestly don't know what it really means.

in my case, it would mean i would pass out on the sofa naturally....lol but i don't think that is the implication.

anyhoo.....pay it no mind boyracer. 22 days is rockin' and rollin' in my book. i don't care what anyone calls me for not drinking...tho' it hasn't come up. i know i beat myself up enough for what i've done. i'm not gonna listen to someone else's gas now that i'm clean.

Dee74 10-04-2009 02:05 PM

There a few different meanings around AFM.
Wikipedia has the term as it was explained to me.

I never use it either :)
D

ElegantlyWasted 10-04-2009 02:16 PM

Day 67 here. Congrats to ya and keep it up!!! Dry drunk? Ask one of the haters to explain it to you and see if it makes sense. In some cases it may be total projection on their part. In others it may be awesome constructive criticism. That is the amazing thing about not drinking.... We get to figure it out with increasing emotional and mental clarity. Keep posting !

ElegantlyWasted 10-04-2009 02:26 PM

Hey New Beginnings!!! WTF is up with the wink! Wink.

mariechi 10-04-2009 04:51 PM

Let the naysayers say their nay, congratulations on your 22nd day!:c011:

Anna 10-04-2009 04:53 PM

Good for you for getting through 22 days and I'm glad yu're feeling good.