Notices

Work conundrum......

Old 10-04-2009, 03:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Work conundrum......

Just replied on aldo's thread as I was coming here to post my own. My boss and I had a "talk" on Friday that was very one sided.....I feel. I didn't respond because I felt really jolted. I told him that I thought it was better if I just took the weekend to respond. I felt very hurt but by the time I got home Friday, I was angry. Now it's Sunday and what I wanted to say then pretty much matches up with what I'm going to say tomorrow......honestly.

I know that I have worked like mad for this man. I know that I have done the best I can and his feelings are, that I have not.

I have submitted resume's all weekend, thought out a plan and I think I'm just ready to rip the band-aid so to speak. I don't think, after all the time over the weekend, that I have anything left to give this person, nor do I feel like I would want to any more.

My reply to aldo's post is below. I wouldn't mind the feedback on this.

aldo--I was just coming here to post my feelings on my work situation. I feel like the band-aid just needs to be ripped off.

For the last year I have worked my ass off for my boss. We have had "talks" and his expectations are incredibly high. I cannot what so ever pull a rabbit out of a hat or my butt for him. The stuff that came out of his mouth on Friday was hurtful. I told him I didn't care to respond at the time as I needed to think about what he said. It is now Sunday night and I'm feeling the same as I felt by the time I got home from work and over being "hurt". I felt angry. I am now still angry.

I have since friday sent out resume's to every single place that I have the qualifications to handle. I don't know how I can work for someone who just basically told me that "I'm no good" in so many words when I know, truly for me, that I have done the best job I can. So the question I have put out for myself is........is it worth it?

The business is also broke, he and his wife have just had a baby, I make the most money in the office, I'm sure my wages are looking pretty attractive to him and as he's stated he "can do my job".

I'm going in tomorrow and hope that whatever is laid in front of me is just going to be another opportunity.

I heard someone say on the radio the other day, "if on Monday you're already looking forward to Friday, then you're not doing what you love." That resonated with me and has been hanging over my head since then and before the "talk".

I'm going to move forward. I wish you the best in what you decide for yourself. Good Luck!!!!
Old 10-04-2009, 04:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

i hope and pray that you will discover the spiritual principles appropiate
to the situation & act on them instead of what you think you should do.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wolfchild View Post
i hope and pray that you will discover the spiritual principles appropiate
to the situation & act on them instead of what you think you should do.
It is why I took 72 hours to think it over. I know how hard I've worked, I know my worth, I know that I deserve better than what was presented to me.

Are you saying that I should keep a job that doesn't like me? Should I stay married to a person that doesn't appreciate me? Do I keep giving to be told that "it's not enough?"

I do appreciate your concern Wolf, however I feel like I've done all that I can do within my own will to do so. If I'm not good enough, why should I keep going back for more? I know what I'm worth.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

There is a greater depth of spiritual living that is possible as i continue to surender to a power greater than myself. The surface issues of situations & circumstance do not affect me as they once did. i have learned how to accept my assets & my liabilities by trusting in a God of my understanding. i discover what the next right thing for me to do as i ask for direction and do the best i can. In this way, problems become blessings for me to help me grow into a more stable and caring individual. When i am unsure, i pray for the patience to recognize God's timing.

i wasn't inferring that you should do one thing or another. Just that i hope and pray you turn the matter over and proceed in faith that it will work out. i was expressing my love and support for you in whatever you choose to do.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Well, I'm on my way

Since I don't know the fullness of your situation, I should keep my mouth shut. But, being me, I'm not.

If you know in your heart you've done your best and given your all to your employer, I see no great spirituality in continuing. If you know in your heart you can better serve and be served in another position, go for it.

Just my thoughts. Like I said, I don't know your situation. Good luck.

There is nothing so rewarding as to make people realize that they are worthwhile in this world.
- Bob Anderson
Old 10-04-2009, 04:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mariechi View Post
Since I don't know the fullness of your situation, I should keep my mouth shut. But, being me, I'm not.

If you know in your heart you've done your best and given your all to your employer, I see no great spirituality in continuing. If you know in your heart you can better serve and be served in another position, go for it.

Just my thoughts. Like I said, I don't know your situation. Good luck.

There is nothing so rewarding as to make people realize that they are worthwhile in this world.
- Bob Anderson
I love the quote by Bob Anderson. TY!!
Old 10-04-2009, 04:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I don't know how the economy is where you live, but it's a really tough time to be out of work right now. Plus, it's always easier to get a job if you already have a job. For some reason, employers like the idea of taking someone away from someone else. Maybe hang in where you are for a while longer, while networking and sending out resumes. That way, you'll still have a paycheck coming in. I'm not trying to tell you what to do, it's just something you might want to think about. I wish you much luck whatever you decide.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Vegibean,

I hope that you find a solution to this situation and I'm glad you are taking action.