Notices

starting off again

Old 11-12-2009, 09:47 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Trucker the internet is AWESOME. Although a mighty ocean seperates us, we have walked in the same pair of shoes through the gates of hell and a complete stranger took us by the hand and showed us the way out, like you and I he too had been there! Unless he had been there he could not have showed us the way out! Pwoerful share my British brother.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Taz ..

i love to imagine im sitting in that foyer watching bill pace up and down...bar at one end....phone booth at the other.

He knew he had to contact another alcoholic.......thats a powerful thing.......even though he was a flat out drunk........to turn your back on the bar and call another alkie.....

the power of one alcoholic sharing with another.....bob gave him a few minutes.......you know the rest...

i am an alcoholic......i can share stuff with you.......and you know..
i share the same stuff with my wife and she thinks im an alien.....lol....

have a great evening taz....and thankyou for all the time you spend with the newcomer here......
Old 11-12-2009, 04:48 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
The New Me starting 1/11/09

Collegegirl -

Everyone else has given you great advice and you should spend whatever energy, effort, money, etc. you have to in order to get sober. It needs to be your #1 priority.

But, a topic that isn't spoken of too often is the cost of recovery. Some people just use the cost as an excuse to not get help, see a therapist, etc. (Note that the cost of NOT recovering is way more than the cost of seeing a therapist, but in case this is an issue for you...)

I remember that my wife kept telling me that I should go see a therapist and I just couldn't bring myself to spend $100+ / hr to do it (even though I probably should have).

But, when I went to AA (which probably costs you $1-2 per meeting), all of a sudden I found an experience that was worth way more than $100 / hr, was keeping me sober, (and was a pretty good value ).

For me, it was AA, actively working on my recovery, and also SR. I use SR to fill in the gaps between my AA meetings and my service work with other alcoholics.

So, it is an integrated program of recovery, and it costs me $10 / wk plus a little gas.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:11 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
capra laeviculus

Originally Posted by trucker View Post
Taz ..

i love to imagine im sitting in that foyer watching bill pace up and down...bar at one end....phone booth at the other.

He knew he had to contact another alcoholic.......thats a powerful thing.......even though he was a flat out drunk........to turn your back on the bar and call another alkie.....

the power of one alcoholic sharing with another.....bob gave him a few minutes.......you know the rest...

i am an alcoholic......i can share stuff with you.......and you know..
i share the same stuff with my wife and she thinks im an alien.....lol....

have a great evening taz....and thankyou for all the time you spend with the newcomer here......
Man, I wanted a second thanks button so I could thank you again for your posts today.

-Goat
Old 11-12-2009, 05:16 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

I had noplace left to go.