Notices

Dreams

Old 10-01-2009, 05:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dreams

Happy October 1st (already?).Today a week ago I joined SR and the support made me drive straight home without stopping at the store. Thank you.
Last night I had the same problem, but I did it. Thanks again.
Anyway last night the dreams started or rather the nightmares. I knew it would happen it did before when I stopped. I dream I'm drinking and it takes a double/triple check when I wake up whether it really did happen or not.
This time I even dreamt that I was not going to sign into SR, because I was
determined to drink the bottle I found and SR was only going to talk me out of it. Scary or what? I am not questioning the why, I know it's my alcoholic mind playing games. I just wondered if others have the same experience and how they deal with it. This one was really vivid, you know like the real relapse moment, no reasonable explanation you just do.
I know I will stay sober today.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Saphie View Post
Happy October 1st (already?).Today a week ago I joined SR and the support made me drive straight home without stopping at the store. Thank you.
Last night I had the same problem, but I did it. Thanks again.
Anyway last night the dreams started or rather the nightmares. I knew it would happen it did before when I stopped. I dream I'm drinking and it takes a double/triple check when I wake up whether it really did happen or not.
This time I even dreamt that I was not going to sign into SR, because I was
determined to drink the bottle I found and SR was only going to talk me out of it. Scary or what? I am not questioning the why, I know it's my alcoholic mind playing games. I just wondered if others have the same experience and how they deal with it. This one was really vivid, you know like the real relapse moment, no reasonable explanation you just do.
I know I will stay sober today.
welcome.. and welcome to early sobriety.. it is a normal thing for many in early recovery to have drinking dreams.. they pass.. ODAAT is the only way i can do it..
Old 10-01-2009, 05:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Saphie I rarely dreamt when I was drinking, I think passing out do not lead to dreaming, so when I started dreaming again it was kind of neat........... except the drinking dreams!!

VIVID!!! Realistic!!! SCARY!!!! Sometimes I would wake up with a start from a drinking dream either mad as heck at myself or broken hearted!!!

The nice thing is they did come less regularly with time. It has been a very long time since I have had one. I am sure I will have some again, but they have not been upsetting for quite a while.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have had drinking dreams as well. But for me they are about the funtimes, e.g. at a party or a restaurant and having a good time. Then I wake up and realise it was not real and it was my sober mind telling me it is okay to have a drink. I don't trust my mind anymore it is working against me.

That is how weird it becomes I have realised. The substance is some evil planted down here to make fortunes for some out of the misery of many. Just like gambling or pills. Or for that matter pronography. I am not a puritan but sometimes I cannot help but think that the corporations, or rather the individuals on the boards of those corporations are just totally committed to the dollar and screw the people.

Is it that far removed from the asbestos industry or the tobacco industry whose products kill people yet they hide the statistics and continue to promote their product regardless.

I am close to a rave about this but we have been lured into this. It is not enough to blame ourselves but that said it is up to ourselves, collectively to get ourselves out of the enslavement to substances.

Together we can do this.