Notices

Day7

Old 09-30-2009, 05:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day7

Still sober, but admitting that it is getting a little harder. I want to stay in the moment of achievement. It felt so good, I almost pitied people that will never experience that feeling. Stupid I know, because they will also never experience the moments when you have to resist so hard. Then they are the lucky ones. I concentrate on that morning feeling. Clear minded and ready to go. I use to despise myself, driving to work, kwowing full well that I was still over the limit but still relieved to get there without being stopped or worse. Anyway this morning I decided to sing while driving, you can't get stopped for that or at least I hope so. I could almost lipread the other drivers on their cell phones: 'There's a nutcase on the road'. I didn't care: 'I am sober and you are going to get a ticket for being on your cell.' Sorry, not very nice, but I am sober and I intend to stay that way. Have a lovely day everybody.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Great news! Have you considered working a 12 Step program of recovery?
Old 09-30-2009, 06:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes I have. My next question on here would have been: Where from now? I will continue to go to the newcomer forum to read, greet and support as I feel it's something I can give back as a thank you for the support I have received in the last 6 days, but I guess for my own recovery I need to move on. Do I simply go to the step 1 forums? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks. I am also planning on looking into meetings in my area. For now SR is my HP (already working on them).
Old 09-30-2009, 06:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just keep posting and reading, you'll find your way here on SR. No specific set of rules, really... intuitive.

If you are really interested in AA, I strongly recommend you read and post in the 12 step support section with AA specific questions, concerns... If AA is not for you, then secular as well as alcoholism, recovery....

Just keep coming back!!

Mark
Old 09-30-2009, 06:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're more than welcome to stay in Newcomers for as long as you want to.

I've been here for years and I always love this forum because there is so much inspiration here.

And, music saved me many times!
Old 09-30-2009, 07:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Saphie View Post
Anyway this morning I decided to sing while driving, you can't get stopped for that or at least I hope so. I could almost lipread the other drivers on their cell phones: 'There's a nutcase on the road'. I didn't care: 'I am sober and you are going to get a ticket for being on your cell.' Sorry, not very nice, but I am sober and I intend to stay that way
I can relate, I sing (or at least hum very loudly and rock my head) while driving all the time! Sometimes I do get a few looks and couldn't care less: it's way better than the paranoia of getting behind the wheel when you definitely shouldn't.

Keep singing and coming back!
Old 09-30-2009, 08:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

I am a singing fool driving...... alone!!!! LOL

There is a ton of good AA folks in the Keystone state, my sponsor is form PA. Keep giving back what you have gotten here.

Googgle AA and where you live, you will be able to find meetings that way, even easier is grab the phone book and call your local AA hotline, ask about beginner meetings and speaker meetings. Need a ride to meetings, just ask, some one is always honored to give some one a ride to a meeting.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Well, I'm on my way

I don't know if this is applicable. When you're in physical training, you'll, say, lift weights so many days and rest. When I studied yoga, we did four days of exercises and then the next day was a "settling" day to let things settle into us. Maybe at day 7 you're going through a settling time, settling into sobriety.

I sound so lame sometimes!
Old 09-30-2009, 07:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Well done on your sober time.....

Like Anna.....I too find music lifts my spirits.
The best thing about singing in a car for me
no one could hear how off key I was....